Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 626

Thread: Woman fired for having sex

  1. #471
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    That however is not where discrimination laws stop. You don't technically have a constitutional right to be black, gay, female, or anything else, yet they are also protected classes. Why does someone get to be discriminated against solely on marital status?
    Who said she was discriminated against "solely" on marital status? Can you prove that she was denied employment because she wasn't married, or conversely she was married? By the way, I don't intend to get into a circular, nonsense argument with you.

  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    That's why we're trying to debate it now, not writing off the subject because she already signed it. I want to know why it's ok to invade a woman's bedroom, but not to write up a contract persecuting people who believe in a sky man with magical powers.
    I want to know why it's ok to invade a business based on what YOU believe. If you don't like religious people, start a business and don't hire them. How can you be a libertarian and dictate what a company's hiring requirements are?

    Believe what you want to believe, but it's arrogance to force it upon another party.

  3. #473
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Who said she was discriminated against "solely" on marital status? Can you prove that she was denied employment because she wasn't married, or conversely she was married? By the way, I don't intend to get into a circular, nonsense argument with you.
    She wasn't denied employment, she was fired. And yes, she was discriminated against soley on marital status, because every employee who was married is not fired for the same exact behavior.

    It is NOT in the constitution that you can't be discriminated against for religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I want to know why it's ok to invade a business based on what YOU believe. If you don't like religious people, start a business and don't hire them. How can you be a libertarian and dictate what a company's hiring requirements are?

    Believe what you want to believe, but it's arrogance to force it upon another party.
    I could get on board with this if our government respected the 100% freedom to contract, but it doesn't. Instead, the religious receive special protection from the government while others don't.

    So seeing how it's already a done deal that we'll have protected classes that can't be discriminated against, why is the most basic human behavior in all of history, vital to our survival as a species, discriminated against while believing in magical sky men isn't?
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 03-02-13 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #474
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    She wasn't denied employment, she was fired. And yes, she was discriminated against soley on marital status, because every employee who was married is not fired for the same exact behavior.

    It is NOT in the constitution that you can't be discriminated against for religion.
    Since I have no interest in having a debate with someone who lacks fundimental reading comprehension skills, this will be my last reply post.

    My response to your first comment is, you're wrong.

    My response to your second comment is, you're wrong.

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I could get on board with this if our government respected the 100% freedom to contract, but it doesn't. Instead, the religious receive special protection from the government while others don't.

    So seeing how it's already a done deal that we'll have protected classes that can't be discriminated against, why is the most basic human behavior in all of history, vital to our survival as a species, discriminated against while believing in magical sky men isn't?
    If you don't like freedom of religion, I can suggest a few dozen nations where you're told who to believe or die. Is that preferable?

  6. #476
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    If it (premarital sex) was against policy and HR gave her a copy of the policy manual, firing her was entirely legal. According to the OP she was required to sign off on the policy, so she agreed to be under those rules. Tough t**** said the kitty when the milk ran dry.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  7. #477
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    She wasn't denied employment, she was fired. And yes, she was discriminated against soley on marital status, because every employee who was married is not fired for the same exact behavior.

    It is NOT in the constitution that you can't be discriminated against for religion.



    I could get on board with this if our government respected the 100% freedom to contract, but it doesn't. Instead, the religious receive special protection from the government while others don't.

    So seeing how it's already a done deal that we'll have protected classes that can't be discriminated against, why is the most basic human behavior in all of history, vital to our survival as a species, discriminated against while believing in magical sky men isn't?
    Go back and listen to the OP.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  8. #478
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,340

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Since I have no interest in having a debate with someone who lacks fundimental reading comprehension skills, this will be my last reply post.

    My response to your first comment is, you're wrong.

    My response to your second comment is, you're wrong.
    Good afternoon, CJ.

    ....and the prosecution rests.....

  9. #479
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Since I have no interest in having a debate with someone who lacks fundimental reading comprehension skills, this will be my last reply post.

    My response to your first comment is, you're wrong.

    My response to your second comment is, you're wrong.
    *shrugs* It's easier to run off when your argument can't stand up on it's own. Simply put, she was discriminated against based on her marital status.

    You don't have a right to not be discriminated against for ANYTHING, not to be black, not to be christian, not gay, nothing. None of that is protected by the constitution for companies making contracts. So why are those protected statuses but marital status is not?

    If you're too incompetent or lazy to debate and explain why I'm "wrong", then you're in the wrong place anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Go back and listen to the OP.
    I've seen it, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If you don't like freedom of religion, I can suggest a few dozen nations where you're told who to believe or die. Is that preferable?
    So you think an employer not discriminating against someone's religion is protected by the constitution? That's only discrimination from the government.

    Besides, weren't you the one just asking me all outraged how dare I dictate what a company can freely contract?

    Please point out in the first amendment where it protects the right for a person to not be discriminated by an employer based on religion:

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 03-02-13 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #480
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What schools are restricted? I would bet thats a shorter list than those that are approved. And there's probably a reason why some schools are not allowed. If there are any. But in either case it is the student that applies for the pell grants, not the school. And it is the student that gets the money, not the school. At least the school does not get it until the student pays it to them.
    It is a shorter list but by NO means a short list. Google 'list of unaccredited institutions' and be amazed. This San Diego College was on probation 2006-2008.

    Dance around it all you want, unless the school is approved the student doesn't get the Grant or student loan. You can't apply for a Grant and then go school shopping.

Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •