Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 626

Thread: Woman fired for having sex

  1. #241
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, and?

    Should he be fired too? Sure, but he is not. I don't see why that matters to her situation anyway. She is still in breach of the contract and she should be fired for it.
    Him not being fired for the same offense equals discrimination.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Speaking of petty bickering...
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Men shouldn't get special treatment. Except in your head.
    ...love that petty bickering

  3. #243
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Don't pull your usual obtuse nonsense Jerry. Specifying that an action (sex) is okay for married people but not for unmarried people is obviously discrimination based on martial status. There is plenty of precedent against people who tried to pull the same arguments about Miscegenation.
    Nonsense, they fire for adultry too.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Men shouldn't get special treatment. Except in your head.
    Is it better to force organizations or companies to keep someone around they don't want? People are assholes, but I don't see the benefit in such a practice, sorry.

  5. #245
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Lets suppose the clause said "black people will be fired if they have sex, white people won't". Would you claim that is not racial discrimination simply because it targets a specific behavior? If two individuals engage in the same behavior but receive different treatment depending on whether they are married or not, its discrimination based on marital status.
    The ridiculous example you ginned up fails on all counts as it's not an example of targetting only a behavior.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, that is doing less than you are doing. If more than one solution is acceptable, then simply banning pre-marital sex is not necessary.



    No, I did this oh so difficult thing of looking at what her reasons might have been. I did not supply a value judgement on them. I did not position her as a victim. In fact, your whole argument has had jack **** to do with what I actually said. That is a straw man: you invented a position and argued against it since you could not argue against my actual position.
    C'mon Redress, you can see why Tucker could come to that conclusion. It would be no different than if someone brought up a man robbing a liquor store at gunpoint to buy medication at the drug store he could not afford. The mere mention of "medication" is an implication of victimization. You're not exactly hiding the "devil's advocate" argument too well.

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Him not being fired for the same offense equals discrimination.
    A few things..

    1. I don't care.
    2. It has no bearing on her case.
    3. It's allowed by law.

  8. #248
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Is it better to force organizations or companies to keep someone around they don't want? People are assholes, but I don't see the benefit in such a practice, sorry.
    She was wrongly fired and deserves compensation for it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, and?

    Should he be fired too? Sure, but he is not. I don't see why that matters to her situation anyway. She is still in breach of the contract and she was fired for it like she should have been.
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, she should have been fired. In so far as anyone has been able to demonstrate on this thread, the contract was lawful. She signed it, she broke it, she was fired. She was not wrongfully terminated. The school, however, must enforce that policy uniformly. The school must fire the then-boyfriend, or the school will be in violation of state law. Now, this doesn't mean the woman has a case, because she was rightfully terminated. This is between the school and the state.

    The BoyScouts, the true target here, have a uniform ban on gays because the instant they allow 1, they have to allow all. You cannot allow a gay den leader here, but not there. The policy has to be uniformly enforced.

  10. #250
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A few things..

    1. I don't care.
    2. It has no bearing on her case.
    3. It's allowed by law.
    1. I know you don't care because personal freedom only matters when it's your personal freedom.
    2. It has plenty of bearing on her case as it's against the law to fire someone based on gender.
    3. No, actually it's not.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •