Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 626

Thread: Woman fired for having sex

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Conflating a choice with an attribute of birth isn't helping your backhanded slap at religion. The contract is obviously not ridiculous as it is and has been enforced. Whether Gloria the mooch hound can make enough hay about this in public to pressure a judge into agreeing with her is the only question.

    Once again, morals clauses are legal and included in contracts nationwide.
    Do men get fired for getting a woman pregnant? Lets be serious now.

  2. #152
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Do men get fired for getting a woman pregnant? Lets be serious now.
    If the school has not fired men in that position, she is absolutely correct to sue them... for gender discrimination.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #153
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The christians are at it again.

    If I sign a ridiculous contract saying that I won't be black, then turn out to be black later, should I be fired for that too?
    This comparison is ludicrous, but don't let me stop you from throwing the race card out there. I never figured a libertarian for that.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #154
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Do men get fired for getting a woman pregnant? Lets be serious now.
    That is a good question. If not there are feminist interests at test here.

    What I am more concerned though is: Can a contract cover one's personal decisions of what they do on their life?

    Can a contract be expanded to enforce other personal issues such as for instance "When you piss make sure you do not move the spilling of urine to make the shape of a pentagram in your toilet, be it in our facility, or every other one you may ever have anywhere in the world while you are still working for our high standard church school or else you may be fired"

    It may apply more to men working with personal space and decisions intruding contracts such as these, but you catch my drift.
    Last edited by DDD; 02-27-13 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  5. #155
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The point is the contract was a bad one, not that she did not violate it. The idea that an employer should be able to regulate what people do when not at work that does not affect job performance is scarey.
    Perhaps, but you're assuming number one that her behavior did not affect her job performance and number two that the contract was a bad one, when she signed it - it was likely just fine until the minute she violated it.

    And perhaps your second point is a fair one, but in today's society, many things that people do "when not at work" become grounds for dismissal - witness all the warnings to people to be careful what they post on Facebook and online in general.

  6. #156
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,758

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Shes got a case.
    Link from below the video to the original story.
    10News - Woman sues San Diego Christian College, claims she was fired for having premarital sex 021413 - 10News.com - News

    SAN DIEGO - In a lawsuit announced Thursday, a woman claims she was fired from her job at a San Diego college because she engaged in premarital sex and became pregnant.

    Teri James alleges her employer, San Diego Christian College in El Cajon, wrongfully terminated her. James hired high-profile attorney Gloria Allred to represent her in the case.

    "The HR director indicated that she was not being fired because she was pregnant. Instead, she was being terminated because she had premarital sex," said Allred.

    Up until four months ago, James was a financial aid specialist at the school -- until she said the university learned of her pregnancy.

    "I feel like what San Diego Christian College did to me was hurtful and un-Christ like. I was unmarried, pregnant and they took away my livelihood," said James, who is six months pregnant.

    James' lawsuit against the school alleges "discrimination on account of gender, pregnancy and marital status."

    Additionally, Allred said James' then-boyfriend -- who is now her husband -- received completely different treatment from the school.

    According to Allred, he was offered a job even though the school knew he was James' boyfriend and a father-to-be.

    School officials declined a 10News interview request, but said there is a community covenant contract all job candidates must sign before they are hired. Students must also sign the contract.

    The contract, in part, says "… sexually immoral behavior, including premarital sex, adultery, pornography and homosexuality …" are not allowed.

    Allred said the school's firing of her client "violates state law and the California Constitution, and discriminates against women."

    San Diego Christian College student Cassidy Martin told 10News, "I don't want to say she deserved it because that's kind of harsh, but I mean, I know what the rules are so I know also the consequences."

    "Everyone sins in life … I think they should give her a chance to at least prove herself," said student Ashley Jarosin.

    The university makes it very clear to job seekers that they expect them to share biblical teachings and traditional Christian beliefs. - See more at: 10News - Woman sues San Diego Christian College, claims she was fired for having premarital sex 021413 - 10News.com - News
    Her boyfriend was offered a position despite knowing of his similar status with pre-marital sex. Plain old gender descrimination.

  7. #157
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well, that she was pregnant and not married might give them a significant clue wouldn't you suppose?
    Easily avoidable if she chose. Note I am talking about the contract, not the specific case.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #158
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What, they won't see the lack of a ring on her finger and growing belly?
    Easily avoided by wearing a ring, using birth control, or an abortion.


    You did promote the concept, although it might not have been intentional. That's what providing made up excuses for people's stupid choices does. It gives them the ability to feign victimhood by playing toward people's sympathies for their mythical predicament. By responding with your excuse about the economy and lack of work to my comment about receiving the correct consequences for her own stupid choices, you were very much seeking to excuse her stupid decisions by pretending that she had her options limited to signing the contract or not having a job (a totally unsubstantiated assumption).

    If you were not intending to promote the victim-mentality, then you simply did it accidentally.

    There's no strawman, since I am not saying that you are arguing in favor of the victim mentality. I am pointing out exactly how the argument you did make has the effect of promoting the victim mentality. Since I am using your own argument, though, and looking at teh effects that it has, it is nothing even remotely close to a strawman.

    So, in order for what I said to be a strawman, you would have to be able to demonstrate that you did NOT provide an excuse her own stupid choices.
    This is all you making up **** I never stated nor argued. You know better.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #159
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Doesn't mean she didn't violate the terms of a legal contract.

    Funny thing is if she agreed to not have sex because she couldn't afford it (had to sign the contract because she couldn't get a different job) she would have been doing what we've been suggesting others do, that being not to engage in potentially ruinous personal behavior. She agreed, did it anyway, and is now facing the consequences. Perhaps she can contact Planned Parenthood and the ACLU. PP could abort the child and then the ACLU can try to force the school to take her back. That could be a handy precedent. "Yes officer, I was driving drunk, but I didn't think you'd actually STOP me! It's not fair!"
    Never claimed she did not violate the contract nor that the contract was legal. Why do so many people have so much trouble with reading simple words and taking them to mean just what they say?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    50 bucks to anyone who puts a bullet into the brain base of Gloria Allred. If it's not enough, I'll put up a donation website. I'm sure I can get many people to pitch in.

Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •