Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 626

Thread: Woman fired for having sex

  1. #131
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Excellent. And working with young students (providing them with a role model) could be considered a part of her job if she works at a school. Thus, there is a valid reason to have such a clause.
    Except not so much, since there is no way those students would know without being told.

    It doesn't matter if you used the word if it is the one that describes the concept that you are promoting. I did use that word because it fits here. By trying to excuse her bad choices, you promote the victim mentality. You are trying to excuse her bad choices by creating the mythical lack of alternatives (the sign it or have no job false dichotomy) that you put forth in response to my statement. Alternatives existed, she chose not to take them. She then chose to have sex after signing that contract. She didn't immediately challenge the contract, she waited until she got caught violating it to challenge. She's attempting to have her cock and eat it too.
    I did not promote the concept. You built that straw man all on your own.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #132
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I'm more scared by the idea that government can intervene and prevent these private contracts from being enforced.
    Has that happened in this case?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #133
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    If you read the article, Teri claims that the school offered to hire her boyfriend even knowing that he was the father. Assuming her claim is true, that would clearly demonstrate gender discrimination.

    Hopefully the publicity will result in the school getting its accreditation revoked. They clearly have demonstrated that they prioritize religious fundamentalism over the education process (especially by pushing creationism) and should not be allowed to masquerade as an institution of learning.

  4. #134
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Has that happened in this case?
    I hate loaded questions. We both know the legal case just began.

  5. #135
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except not so much, since there is no way those students would know without being told.
    Well, that she was pregnant and not married might give them a significant clue wouldn't you suppose?

  6. #136
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Agreed, but that's the silly defense some here have been trying to suggest she should have used.
    yes, but i can easily see some fundamentalist trying to use it someday.

  7. #137
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    If you read the article, Teri claims that the school offered to hire her boyfriend even knowing that he was the father. Assuming her claim is true, that would clearly demonstrate gender discrimination.
    What article? The link is to a video CNN report.

  8. #138
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except not so much, since there is no way those students would know without being told.
    What, they won't see the lack of a ring on her finger and growing belly?


    I did not promote the concept. You built that straw man all on your own.
    You did promote the concept, although it might not have been intentional. That's what providing made up excuses for people's stupid choices does. It gives them the ability to feign victimhood by playing toward people's sympathies for their mythical predicament. By responding with your excuse about the economy and lack of work to my comment about receiving the correct consequences for her own stupid choices, you were very much seeking to excuse her stupid decisions by pretending that she had her options limited to signing the contract or not having a job (a totally unsubstantiated assumption).

    If you were not intending to promote the victim-mentality, then you simply did it accidentally.

    There's no strawman, since I am not saying that you are arguing in favor of the victim mentality. I am pointing out exactly how the argument you did make has the effect of promoting the victim mentality. Since I am using your own argument, though, and looking at teh effects that it has, it is nothing even remotely close to a strawman.

    So, in order for what I said to be a strawman, you would have to be able to demonstrate that you did NOT provide an excuse her own stupid choices.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #139
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    yes, but i can easily see some fundamentalist trying to use it someday.
    And yet the only ones suggesting it here are the anti-religion folks. Fundamentalists tend to take their religion seriously and are less likely to make such a sacrilegious claim.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The problem is the slow economy and lack of jobs. If the choice is having to sign a contract like that, or not have a job, you can see where she might sign it.
    Doesn't mean she didn't violate the terms of a legal contract.

    Funny thing is if she agreed to not have sex because she couldn't afford it (had to sign the contract because she couldn't get a different job) she would have been doing what we've been suggesting others do, that being not to engage in potentially ruinous personal behavior. She agreed, did it anyway, and is now facing the consequences. Perhaps she can contact Planned Parenthood and the ACLU. PP could abort the child and then the ACLU can try to force the school to take her back. That could be a handy precedent. "Yes officer, I was driving drunk, but I didn't think you'd actually STOP me! It's not fair!"

Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •