Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

  1. #31
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,734

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Get their asses kicked back across the border? That's kind of the point of law enforcement isn't it?
    They aren't going anywhere. They are going home, in America.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  2. #32
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,195

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Strawman.

    Conservatives are not complaining that Obama is cutting stuff. They are complaining that he is threatening to cut stuff...telling the people how bad they will be hurt by the cuts...and then blaming it all on the Republicans.

    You see, conservatives see Obama's actions as the political game that it is. They know he is not serious about actually reducing the size, scope and power of the government.
    How is it a strawman if it's about the topic?

    Of course it's a political game, everything in Washington is. Both sides agree about the fact that the sequestration is something to be avoided, it's all what they're upset about being cut. He isn't serious about reducing the size and power of the government, and neither is the GOP leadership on the Hill. If you think the GOP is, you obviously aren't paying attention.

    Now why is a "not a Republican" such as yourself upset about him blaming Republicans?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Get their asses kicked back across the border? That's kind of the point of law enforcement isn't it?
    Well, law enforcement just released them back into the public.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    They aren't going anywhere. They are going home, in America.
    There's a difference between what is happening and what ought to be happening. Anyone who is here illegally, but who has committed no crime other than that, and who has no legitimate political reason not to go home, ought to be shipped across the border of whatever country they came from immediately.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #35
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The sequester was a TP idea.
    Actually, it was not. Unless Jack Lew and Rob Nabors are moonlighting at some local tea parties.

    If you mean the concept of sequestration in general, it predates tea parties by more than two decades. The Balanced Budget Act of 1985 already included sequesters.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Well, law enforcement just released them back into the public.
    At the direction of the White House, specifically to scare the public.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #37
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,734

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    At the direction of the White House, specifically to scare the public.
    They should of placed teachers and firefighters behind them when they filmed their release.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #38
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,195

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    Actually, it was not. Unless Jack Lew and Rob Nabors are moonlighting at some local tea parties.

    If you mean the concept of sequestration in general, it predates tea parties by more than two decades. The Balanced Budget Act of 1985 already included sequesters.
    Well, true calling it their "idea" is a little inaccurate, but the whole reason this is now is because of their pressure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #39
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, true calling it their "idea" is a little inaccurate, but the whole reason this is now is because of their pressure.
    Viva los TPs!

  10. #40
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,195

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    Viva los TPs!
    Personally, I think it's a great idea. What the right is upset about now is that it's affecting Defense spending.

    But it passed the House because they thought that the GOP would have control of the Senate and have President Romney, so they'd be able to overspend on what THEY think we should be overspending on.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •