Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

  1. #21
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Our local HS tried this tactic and everyone reamed them for it, voting out the entire board in the next election. They wanted more money and so they sent letters out to all the parents saying, if the new funding wasn't passed they would have to cut classes. It was a tough time economically for this area so most parents (at least all the ones who continually showed up for the meetings) were okay with shutting down photography classes and some art programs.

    The school countered by saying they would cut math classes instead. Assholes.

  2. #22
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I don't suppose you actually read any of the links. From the OP:


    There is absolutly ZERO proof that anyone has been released yet.


    with officials confirming that the Homeland Security Department has released several hundred illegal immigrants from detention in order to save money.

    It's always "officials". Do you see any names?

    Again, i all BS on this.

    It's simple to claim "officials", but there's no proof.

    can you provide some?

  3. #23
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    There is absolutly ZERO proof that anyone has been released yet.


    with officials confirming that the Homeland Security Department has released several hundred illegal immigrants from detention in order to save money.

    It's always "officials". Do you see any names?

    Again, i all BS on this.

    It's simple to claim "officials", but there's no proof.

    can you provide some?
    Wow, impressive gymnastics. How about an interview with one of the ones released.

    Or would you believe the White House, or the ICE press secretary:

    ICE press secretary Barbara Gonzalez said that worries about possible budget cuts in the process known as sequestration led them to release "several hundred" illegal immigrants facing deportation from detention centers.

  4. #24
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wow, impressive gymnastics. How about an interview with one of the ones released.

    Or would you believe the White House, or the ICE press secretary:
    I stand corrected.
    I didnt hear about any of these stories.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You're kidding, right?

    Now, here are all these illegals, with no place to live or work. What do you suppose they'll do?
    Get their asses kicked back across the border? That's kind of the point of law enforcement isn't it?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #26
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Conservatives before the sequester: "We must cut spending at all costs!"

    Now: "Hey you can't cut that! Stupid Obama!"

    The sequester was a TP idea, and now that it's happening they're blaming it on Obama. Not surprisingly, there are people who will buy ANYTHING the GOP says. The do-nothing Congress (House and Senate) can't do their freaking jobs, and it's Obama's fault. I guess as long as you don't have to blame Boehner, it doesn't matter. The House has not passed anything to stop the sequester in this Congress. In the last Congress, yes, but not since January. The Senate, while not blameless, can't pass those bills now as they expired with the swearing in of a new Congress.
    Bob Woodward: Obama’s sequester deal-changer - The Washington Post

  7. #27
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I stand corrected.
    I didnt hear about any of these stories.
    No problem. I try to avoid going by the first story I read these days, I've been fooled so many times.

  8. #28
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,799

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches - Washington Times



    A two percent cut in the federal budget, out of a budget of 3 trillion, means that we can't afford to hold a few hundred more detainees? That we have to release them early, before the cuts go into effect?

    What is going on here?
    SOP. State governments have been using this tactic for decades. When facing a budget cut and a somewhat uncooperative public: 1. Always cut services that will greatly inconvenience and/or scare the public; 2. Always be regretful, but vocal while lamenting the cuts. Works almost every time.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  9. #29
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    So, let me get this straight: This awful, awful "Sequester" monster-thing makes the feds free people whose only "crime" was to live and work in the Land of Free without GASP! proper paperwork?

    I'm beginning to seriously like this "Sequester"

  10. #30
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Illegal immigrants set free from detention centers as sequester approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Conservatives before the sequester: "We must cut spending at all costs!"

    Now: "Hey you can't cut that! Stupid Obama!"


    The sequester was a TP idea, and now that it's happening they're blaming it on Obama. Not surprisingly, there are people who will buy ANYTHING the GOP says. The do-nothing Congress (House and Senate) can't do their freaking jobs, and it's Obama's fault. I guess as long as you don't have to blame Boehner, it doesn't matter. The House has not passed anything to stop the sequester in this Congress. In the last Congress, yes, but not since January. The Senate, while not blameless, can't pass those bills now as they expired with the swearing in of a new Congress.
    Strawman.

    Conservatives are not complaining that Obama is cutting stuff. They are complaining that he is threatening to cut stuff...telling the people how bad they will be hurt by the cuts...and then blaming it all on the Republicans.

    You see, conservatives see Obama's actions as the political game that it is. They know he is not serious about actually reducing the size, scope and power of the government.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •