Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 142

Thread: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

  1. #1
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    Senate confirms Hagel as secretary of defense | Reuters

    Senators backed the nomination by a 57-41 vote.
    No surprise here.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #2
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    wow 4 members of the party of NO actually broke ranks? Now THAT is breaking news. Seriously.....the fact that Republicans hate Obama so much that they won't even vote for one of their own is just astounding and screams volumes.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #3
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    Wow, 41 votes against? That's insane. Only 4 republicans could bring themselves to vote for a more than qualified appointee, lol. Shameful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #4
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Wow, 41 votes against? That's insane. Only 4 republicans could bring themselves to vote for a more than qualified appointee, lol. Shameful.
    You obviously didn't watch any of his confirmation hearing...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #5
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    It would be interresting to know what republicans in Kansas think about that.

  6. #6
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You obviously didn't watch any of his confirmation hearing...
    Your point is?

  7. #7
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You obviously didn't watch any of his confirmation hearing...
    Good afternoon, AP.

    Sorry, I didn't watch...may I assume he was confirmed? The voting numbers indicate that he must have, unless some Democrats also voted against?....

  8. #8
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Your point is?
    You appear to be at the same intelligence level of Hagel...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #9
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good afternoon, AP.

    Sorry, I didn't watch...may I assume he was confirmed? The voting numbers indicate that he must have, unless some Democrats also voted against?....
    Good afternoon pg. He was confirmed but not by the normal majority that other defense secretaries usually are...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #10
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Senate Confirms Hagel as Secretary of Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    and all of that chest thumping and political bickering was a big waste of time and money.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •