Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 161

Thread: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

  1. #51
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Hey madman, where'd you go?

    *crickets*
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And in this case, I can relatively understand a parent trusting that a Teacher actually knew the rules they were supposed to enforce and trusting that teacher rather than going to the school to dig up the rules himself. I think that'd be a relatively standard action for most people who aren't necessarily involved in legal or political things routinely (and thus would think of that kind of thing)
    The point being is that if he went through the process with the school before going to the media, he would have known. If I have an issue with the school, I am not getting the media involved(if at all) until I have taken a few basic steps, such as talking to the school.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #53
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Let's say that the school's dress code didn't allow any shirts with depictions of guns on them. So what's the big deal there? I guarantee that most of the people here support school dress codes to some degree. Who gives a **** what else is on the shirt if the shirt has something that is banned? Would a shirt with two sailors ****ing each other on it be less against the rules if it was on a shirt that also said "US Navy"?

    If the school ain't in your local area, who ****ing cares?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #54
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Did you even read the linked article? This was not supposed to have happened. The USMC shirt, guns or not, was not found to be a violation of the school's dress code. The entire story appears to the the misinterprtation of the school dress code by a single teacher.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #55
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    It gets you guys all rilled up about something that is not really an issue. My Mom will be sending me emails about this tonight. It is a no issue that further divides the right and left for no real reason.
    I don't really see this as a right/left issue.

    This is more like a normal people vs morons issue. Sort of like when PETA comes out wanting us to stop swatting mosquito's. sure it is a non-story, but that it becomes national news is not surprising.

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What a obtuse way of approaching the argument....Getting all offended that the over reacting teacher was offended at the cross arms on a marine t-shirt....maybe it is an assumption on my part about the teachers ideology, but I prefer an educated guess....See, if it were a conservative teacher, he wouldn't have reacted to the t-shirt in that manner. Only a pansy liberal gets all offended by shows of support of our troops, or their weapons...That is my opinion.
    The reaction was to the assumed rule violation. Only liberals seem to think rules should apply.

    See how stupid that kind of argument is?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Who adores Gibbs and NCIS.

    I agree with the admin, she was probably just gun-shy because of all the recent shootings.
    My sister, who is far more conservative than most of the conservatives on this board(as is her husband, you should hear the two of us argue, though it is all in good fun), thinks NCIS is the best show on TV. I have no clue who or what Gibbs is, so no comment on that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #58
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The reaction was to the assumed rule violation. Only liberals seem to think rules should apply.

    See how stupid that kind of argument is?
    That's not true, conservatives believe in rules. BTW, I think madman assumed the father was a conservative, but I don't remember reading any proof of that.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #59
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    SO who is the morons? Maybe the ones making the national story out of nothing? Oh, I bet that's not what you were thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I don't really see this as a right/left issue.

    This is more like a normal people vs morons issue. Sort of like when PETA comes out wanting us to stop swatting mosquito's. sure it is a non-story, but that it becomes national news is not surprising.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That's not true, conservatives believe in rules.
    That would certainly in part highlight how stupid the argument J-mac is using, yes.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •