Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 161

Thread: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

  1. #31
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you can show where the teacher is a liberal? Bet you can't. Face it, you made an assumption based on no facts.
    Oh come on now....really? I think we are long beyond determining the if it walks, talks, and acts like a duck then it might be a horse argument aren't we?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #32
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,194

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is where the whole thing gets silly since the shirt in question does not violate the dress code and the father never bothered to actually, you know, check that before going to the media. There is so much stupid in this whole thing it is amazing.
    Agreed - however, readng between the lines I can imagine he didn't get much cooperation at the school level when he first complained - I used to work in education administration so I saw how prison-like some schools can be when the school administration gets too power drunk.

  3. #33
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    don't fault the father

    his kid (reluctantly) complied with the (over)enforcement of the rules

    no reason not to believe his kid was being denied the ability to wear his attire for bogus reasons
    Right up to the point, but the father then went to the media with a claim he never bothered to check.

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    The problem here, the really really big problem here is not the shirt, it is not the dress code, it is not a liberal teacher going nuts about the image of an assualt rifle. It is not that it took the super a day or two to fix it. The problem here is clearly Fox news searching for an outrage, every day, 24hours a day 7 days a week. This story did not even make the local papers. It is stupid and meaningless. We only heard of it so Fox can stir up the RW nutjobs out there looking for something to get all stirred up about. Another example of those damn libs in our school system hating on our God, Country and Corps. This is an outrage, but it is not the outrage Fox is pushing.
    That is not FOX news, that is the media in total, who have to sell papers and draw viewers. Outrage is good at doing that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh come on now....really? I think we are long beyond determining the if it walks, talks, and acts like a duck then it might be a horse argument aren't we?
    I figured you would not be able to actually back up your made up claim. Good to know I was right.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Agreed - however, readng between the lines I can imagine he didn't get much cooperation at the school level when he first complained - I used to work in education administration so I saw how prison-like some schools can be when the school administration gets too power drunk.
    I do not see any such indication in the article.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    BWHAAAAA! yeah that's it....hahahahaha......because the education system is so over wrought with conservatives... ....God Red...Sometimes you crack me up....
    No, but there are definitely conservatives individuals in it. Both my Sister and my Cousin would qualify as two Conservative teachers I know.

  7. #37
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    From even Fox's story the Superintendnt fixed the situation immedaiately. Again, just another meaningless Fauxrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not see any such indication in the article.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #38
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you can show where the teacher is a liberal? Bet you can't. Face it, you made an assumption based on no facts.
    Yeah, she can be looked up. From the looks of her favs, hard to imagine she's a flaming liberal.

  9. #39
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is where the whole thing gets silly since the shirt in question does not violate the dress code and the father never bothered to actually, you know, check that before going to the media. There is so much stupid in this whole thing it is amazing.
    the kid came home with his shirt inside out and was told he either had to comply or be suspended.

    I'm glad the father went to the media. now that idiot teacher has her name attached to her decision.

    by the way, you are wrong about the father. He knows the shirt wasn't a problem, but feels if the rules are so loosely interpreted they should be changed.

    This policy that they have in place can obviously be loosely interpreted, so they need to change it.”
    Last edited by ARealConservative; 02-26-13 at 02:49 PM.

  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, she can be looked up. From the looks of her favs, hard to imagine she's a flaming liberal.
    Religious middle aged mother of 2, that just screams liberal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •