Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

  1. #11
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    The workers should get no bonus and the CEO shouldn't make over $100,000 until the debt is paid off. GM should guarantee the CEO a huge bonus once the debt is paid off, the sooner it's paid off, the bigger the bonus.
    You would not find a qualified CEO to run the company for $100 000

    You would get some low level manager, whose skill and knowledge level would be more appropriate for managing a GM dealership rather then GM itself. Which would most likely mean GM's debt would never be paid off
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  2. #12
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    You wouldn't take the challenge of paying off the debt for $100,000 a year and a 30 million dollar bonus upon completion?

    I'm out for tonight, so if you respond then I'll reply tomorrow. Have a good night!


    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    You would not find a qualified CEO to run the company for $100 000

    You would get some low level manager, whose skill and knowledge level would be more appropriate for managing a GM dealership rather then GM itself. Which would most likely mean GM's debt would never be paid off

  3. #13
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    You wouldn't take the challenge of paying off the debt for $100,000 a year and a 30 million dollar bonus upon completion?

    I'm out for tonight, so if you respond then I'll reply tomorrow. Have a good night!


    A hundred grand a year and a potential of 30 million in a few years

    or 9 million a year and a most likely 30 million plus over 3 years, and i would take the 9 million each year


    The potential payout would have to be more then 30 million and more like 100 million and paid out in at most 5 years from the present if I was only going to make 100 000 a year (remember he probably has expenses of $250 000 a year )
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  4. #14
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    A hundred grand a year and a potential of 30 million in a few years

    or 9 million a year and a most likely 30 million plus over 3 years, and i would take the 9 million each year


    The potential payout would have to be more then 30 million and more like 100 million and paid out in at most 5 years from the present if I was only going to make 100 000 a year (remember he probably has expenses of $250 000 a year )
    Well, then maybe you wouldn't be the right guy for the job....If I were a share holder, I think I'd want someone who wants to put the company first, and bring GM back, before thinking of what he is going to get out of the deal....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #15
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, then maybe you wouldn't be the right guy for the job....If I were a share holder, I think I'd want someone who wants to put the company first, and bring GM back, before thinking of what he is going to get out of the deal....
    As a shareholder I would want that as well, too maximized my returns

    As an employee I would want to maximize my salary and bonus's to get me the highest possible returns. Very few people work for free, and at that level you are not going to get someone qualified to work as CEO when nearly 30% of the other management employees are making more per year then the CEO
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  6. #16
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    Oh man...

    I get the whole "needing permission" thing, given the bailout...but I seriously don't like it. On the other hand, I also don't like that we're likely to lose money over all on the GM deal, while they expand pay for....well, ANYBODY. I think that money should go towards cutting down the difference to mitigate the loss to the tax payer before it should go into anybody else's pockets.

    Once we've been paid back in full, w/no loss, GM can do whatever they hell they want with anybody's pay as far as I care.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    As a shareholder I would want that as well, too maximized my returns

    As an employee I would want to maximize my salary and bonus's to get me the highest possible returns. Very few people work for free, and at that level you are not going to get someone qualified to work as CEO when nearly 30% of the other management employees are making more per year then the CEO
    Errr Lee Iacocca did it for one dollar.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    You would not find a qualified CEO to run the company for $100 000

    You would get some low level manager, whose skill and knowledge level would be more appropriate for managing a GM dealership rather then GM itself.
    Someone like Barrack Obama perhaps?

  9. #19
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    US execs should get paid like Japan execs.

    No Outcry About CEO Pay in Japan - Businessweek
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #20
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: GM proposes to pay CEO $11.1 million in '13

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    As a shareholder I would want that as well, too maximized my returns

    As an employee I would want to maximize my salary and bonus's to get me the highest possible returns. Very few people work for free, and at that level you are not going to get someone qualified to work as CEO when nearly 30% of the other management employees are making more per year then the CEO

    I don't disagree. I am saying that a qualified CEO could make a token gesture, however in the end it is all about how he runs the company. If this CEO is taking the company to a healthy place in terms of long term competitiveness and increasing profits for share holders, then he deserves what the board will give him in terms of compensation.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •