Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 214

Thread: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

  1. #151
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,622

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines


    Attention whoring at its finest. Pathetically low class, turning the White House into an extension of Hollywood.
    Laura Bush had her say on the Oscars when she was fisrt lady. And two presidents have also been part of the Oscars. And remember where Ronald Reagan came from.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Laura Bush had her say on the Oscars when she was fisrt lady. And two presidents have also been part of the Oscars. And remember where Ronald Reagan came from.
    Danville Illinois? Yeah but he was nowheres close to the Magnificent Mile

  3. #153
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Laura Bush had her say on the Oscars when she was fisrt lady. And two presidents have also been part of the Oscars. And remember where Ronald Reagan came from.
    Of them all, POTUS and FLOTUS, Ronnie was the only one ever to have a legitimate cause to be a part of the Oscars and the Hollywood kiss-assery. He was president of the screen acters and had worked for years to make the industry strong.

  4. #154
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    The lovely and gracious Michelle was invited to give the award because they mistakenly thought that horrible movie "Lincoln" would win Best Picture and, as we all know, Obama is Lincoln.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The lovely and gracious Michelle was invited to give the award because they mistakenly thought that horrible movie "Lincoln" would win Best Picture and, as we all know, Obama is Lincoln.
    Well, not to mention Speilberg Produced the Movie.....just sayin!

  6. #156
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,805

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    Hmm, considering I have no clue who won Best Picture, actor or WTF-ever, I'm wondering, did any one here watch the Oscars? Has anyone here watched one in the past dozen years or so?

    Just curious.

  7. #157
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Hmm, considering I have no clue who won Best Picture, actor or WTF-ever, I'm wondering, did any one here watch the Oscars? Has anyone here watched one in the past dozen years or so?

    Just curious.
    Yep. I did. Lots of people did. Seth McFarland was more than a bit outrageous and (in my opinion) wicked funny.

    Good show overall. Very creative.....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  8. #158
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,805

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Yep. I did. Lots of people did. Seth McFarland was more than a bit outrageous and (in my opinion) wicked funny.

    Good show overall. Very creative.....
    Thanks. The last one I clearly remember seeing was when Tootsie went up against Ghandi. I must have seen others since then, but they don't ring any bells.

  9. #159
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Thanks. The last one I clearly remember seeing was when Tootsie went up against Ghandi. I must have seen others since then, but they don't ring any bells.
    As i recall those movies were in B&W.

    (It has been a while for you.....)


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  10. #160
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53

    Re: Michelle Obama surprises Oscars by presenting Best Picture award

    I'm new here and I must admit I'm somewhat shocked. I thought this was a site for real debate. I can't believe that these Obama haters have some much of nothing to complain about then to gripe about Mrs. Obama appearing on a tv show. Why would you even care. It is sooooooo petty. Other presidents and First Ladies have done it. Why quibble over such minior issues. It not degrading of the position it was done tastefully and it didn't cost much if anything to do. WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL??????? Can the Obama haters find nothing else to witch about?

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •