Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    The enemy adapts and even though we may have superior technology these "stone age" terrorist seem to be finding ways to thwart our latest and greatest high tech weapons.Obama seems to think we can win with technology but in the end it takes boots on the ground to win a war, always has always will.

    1. It is possible to know the intention and the mission of the drone by using the Russianmade “sky grabber” device to infiltrate the drone’s waves and the frequencies. The device is available in the market for $2,595 and the one who operates it should be a computer know-how.

    2. Using devices that broadcast frequencies or pack of frequencies to disconnect the contacts and confuse the frequencies used to control the drone. The Mujahideen have had successful experiments using the Russian-made “Racal.”

    3. Spreading the reflective pieces of glass on a car or on the roof of the building.

    4. Placing a group of skilled snipers to hunt the drone, especially the reconnaissance ones because they fly low, about six kilometres or less.
    5. Jamming of and confusing of electronic communication using the ordinary water-lifting dynamo fitted with a 30-metre copper pole.
    6. Jamming of and confusing of electronic communication using old equipment and keeping them 24-hour running because of their strong frequencies and it is possible using simple ideas of deception of equipment to attract the electronic waves devices similar to that used by the Yugoslav army when they used the microwave (oven) in attracting and confusing the Nato missiles fitted with electromagnetic searching devices.
    7. Using general confusion methods and not to use permanent headquarters.
    8. Discovering the presence of a drone through well-placed reconnaissance networks and to warn all the formations to halt any movement in the area.
    9. To hide from being directly or indirectly spotted, especially at night.
    10. To hide under thick trees because they are the best cover against the planes.
    11. To stay in places unlit by the sun such as the shadows of the buildings or the trees.
    12. Maintain complete silence of all wireless contacts.
    13. Disembark of vehicles and keep away from them especially when being chased or during combat.
    14. To deceive the drone by entering places of multiple entrances and exits.
    15. Using underground shelters because the missiles fired by these planes are usually of the fragmented anti-personnel and not anti-buildings type.
    16. To avoid gathering in open areas and in urgent cases, use building of multiple doors or exits.
    17. Forming anti-spies groups to look for spies and agents.
    18. Formation of fake gatherings such as using dolls and statutes to be placed outside false ditches to mislead the enemy.
    19. When discovering that a drone is after a car, leave the car immediately and everyone should go in different direction because the planes are unable to get after everyone.
    20. Using natural barricades like forests and caves when there is an urgent need for training or gathering.
    21. In frequently targeted areas, use smoke as cover by burning tires.
    22. As for the leaders or those sought after, they should not use communications equipment because the enemy usually keeps a voice tag through which they can identify the speaking person and then locate him.


    Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full - Telegraph

  2. #2
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Al Qaeda trying to avoid getting killed is not new to the Obama administration.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #3
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Many of these techniques seem to be derived from observing the survival tactics of cockroaches.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #4
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,570
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    The enemy adapts and even though we may have superior technology these "stone age" terrorist seem to be finding ways to thwart our latest and greatest high tech weapons.Obama seems to think we can win with technology but in the end it takes boots on the ground to win a war, always has always will.

    1. It is possible to know the intention and the mission of the drone by using the Russianmade “sky grabber” device to infiltrate the drone’s waves and the frequencies. The device is available in the market for $2,595 and the one who operates it should be a computer know-how.

    2. Using devices that broadcast frequencies or pack of frequencies to disconnect the contacts and confuse the frequencies used to control the drone. The Mujahideen have had successful experiments using the Russian-made “Racal.”

    3. Spreading the reflective pieces of glass on a car or on the roof of the building.

    4. Placing a group of skilled snipers to hunt the drone, especially the reconnaissance ones because they fly low, about six kilometres or less.
    5. Jamming of and confusing of electronic communication using the ordinary water-lifting dynamo fitted with a 30-metre copper pole.
    6. Jamming of and confusing of electronic communication using old equipment and keeping them 24-hour running because of their strong frequencies and it is possible using simple ideas of deception of equipment to attract the electronic waves devices similar to that used by the Yugoslav army when they used the microwave (oven) in attracting and confusing the Nato missiles fitted with electromagnetic searching devices.
    7. Using general confusion methods and not to use permanent headquarters.
    8. Discovering the presence of a drone through well-placed reconnaissance networks and to warn all the formations to halt any movement in the area.
    9. To hide from being directly or indirectly spotted, especially at night.
    10. To hide under thick trees because they are the best cover against the planes.
    11. To stay in places unlit by the sun such as the shadows of the buildings or the trees.
    12. Maintain complete silence of all wireless contacts.
    13. Disembark of vehicles and keep away from them especially when being chased or during combat.
    14. To deceive the drone by entering places of multiple entrances and exits.
    15. Using underground shelters because the missiles fired by these planes are usually of the fragmented anti-personnel and not anti-buildings type.
    16. To avoid gathering in open areas and in urgent cases, use building of multiple doors or exits.
    17. Forming anti-spies groups to look for spies and agents.
    18. Formation of fake gatherings such as using dolls and statutes to be placed outside false ditches to mislead the enemy.
    19. When discovering that a drone is after a car, leave the car immediately and everyone should go in different direction because the planes are unable to get after everyone.
    20. Using natural barricades like forests and caves when there is an urgent need for training or gathering.
    21. In frequently targeted areas, use smoke as cover by burning tires.
    22. As for the leaders or those sought after, they should not use communications equipment because the enemy usually keeps a voice tag through which they can identify the speaking person and then locate him.


    Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full - Telegraph
    What is a "water lifting dynamo"?

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    What is a "water lifting dynamo"?
    I can't seem to find much on it but I will keep looking, you have sparked my curiosity.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    What is a "water lifting dynamo"?
    Probably an electric pump or water-powered generator.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Probably an electric pump or water-powered generator.
    But how does that interfere with or bring down a drone? I have Goggled it and can't find a thing.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Probably an electric pump or water-powered generator.
    Just found this, it moves energy from one thing to another.

    Moving energy from one thing to another 1 | Nuffield Foundation

    edit: Still don't see the drone application though.

  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    But how does that interfere with or bring down a drone? I have Goggled it and can't find a thing.
    Well the 30 meter copper pole means it's probably for projecting an electro-magnetic field that could mess with the drones electronics or something.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #10
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,570
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I can't seem to find much on it but I will keep looking, you have sparked my curiosity.
    "Dynamo" usually refers to a DC generator. Such generators can also act as motors. "Water lifting" sounds like a water pump. So they are putting a DC water pump up on a 30 meter copper pole? Those things have brushes, so they would generate a lot of RF static from the sparking.

    DC water pumps might be common in the Middle East and would play hob with any nearby radios when turned on which could be why they thought of using them for jamming.

    But this is all speculation on my part.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •