Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69

Thread: Gas prices climb to four-month high

  1. #41
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    I look at this:

    CPI Inflation Calculator

    That is a calculator of inflation.

    Our currency has been devaluing at relatively steady rate. It tells me that no one administration has been completely at fault, but the policies of The Fed have been. Not one administration has tried to audit or stop the printing which puts blame on a lot of other administrations including the current one.

    Well, on that I agree whole heartily....However, rather than go back and try and bring other past administrations in when there is no way they can do anything now, is the point. Obama's administration is in power, and has the ability to look at this real time, and see that this policy of artificially holding down inflation by ever increasing the money supply, even if digitally is going to come back a bite us all in the arse in terms of inflation down the road. That is a certainty.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #42
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Global oil prices wouldn't decrease rapidly if the current occupier of the White House announced we were opening up all federal lands including ANWR to oil recovery and encouraging building new refineries. Oh and add approval of Keystone. And "pronouncing" (with a magic wand, I suppose) that America would be energy independent in four years.

    The math doesn't work out, dude. Remember oil is a global commodity. You have to compare our theoretical increase in output with global supply and demand. Drop in the bucket.
    This is the damnable lie that needs to be exposed every time y'all try to use it...We are NOT a "drop in the bucket" in terms of the oil, and natural gas, and coal we have in the ground. We are, only if you and your ilk continue to keep that resource off limits to extract, and continue to keep us dependent on foreign imports.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #43
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This is the damnable lie that needs to be exposed every time y'all try to use it...We are NOT a "drop in the bucket" in terms of the oil, and natural gas, and coal we have in the ground. We are, only if you and your ilk continue to keep that resource off limits to extract, and continue to keep us dependent on foreign imports.
    Keep using the word ilk. It really serves to strengthen your argument.

    Now, I didn't say US production is a drop in the bucket. I'm saying the projected increase in oil output is a drop in the bucket when compared to total oil production.

    According to the EIA:
    "The opening of ANWR is projected to have its largest oil price reduction impacts as follows: a reduction in low-sulfur, light crude oil prices of $0.41 per barrel (2006 dollars) in 2026 for the low oil resource case, $0.75 per barrel in 2025 for the mean oil resource case, and $1.44 per barrel in 2027 for the high oil resource case, relative to the reference case."[25] "Assuming that world oil markets continue to work as they do today, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) could neutralize any potential price impact of ANWR oil production by reducing its oil exports by an equal amount."[25]
    The projection puts its peak output between .4% and 1.2% of global production around 2030.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #44
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Keep using the word ilk. It really serves to strengthen your argument.
    It was a proper usage of the term....

    Noun
    ilk (plural ilks)
    A type, race or category; a group of entities that have common characteristics such that they may be grouped together.

    Now, I didn't say US production is a drop in the bucket. I'm saying the projected increase in oil output is a drop in the bucket when compared to total oil production.
    And I am saying that this is propaganda of those who want to artificially keep oil prices high to further the agenda of so called green energy....

    According to the EIA:
    "The opening of ANWR is projected to have its largest oil price reduction impacts as follows: a reduction in low-sulfur, light crude oil prices of $0.41 per barrel (2006 dollars) in 2026 for the low oil resource case, $0.75 per barrel in 2025 for the mean oil resource case, and $1.44 per barrel in 2027 for the high oil resource case, relative to the reference case."[25] "Assuming that world oil markets continue to work as they do today, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) could neutralize any potential price impact of ANWR oil production by reducing its oil exports by an equal amount."[25]
    The projection puts its peak output between .4% and 1.2% of global production in 2030.
    So you are relying on a government agency, under the control of the administration, that has the stated goal of 'energy prices necessarily skyrocketing'....mmmmmmmyeahok.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #45
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It was a proper usage of the term....

    Noun
    ilk (plural ilks)
    A type, race or category; a group of entities that have common characteristics such that they may be grouped together.



    And I am saying that this is propaganda of those who want to artificially keep oil prices high to further the agenda of so called green energy....



    So you are relying on a government agency, under the control of the administration, that has the stated goal of 'energy prices necessarily skyrocketing'....mmmmmmmyeahok.
    I'm such a doofus, I forgot to link my source. Sorry about that.

    http://www.eia.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/a...82008%2903.pdf

    The report was issued under the Bush administration.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #46
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'm such a doofus, I forgot to link my source. Sorry about that.

    http://www.eia.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/a...82008%2903.pdf
    The report was issued under the Bush administration.
    I guess since I supported Bush in the wars, then oh, I must shrink from criticizing everything out of his, or any politicians administration just because they are GOP eh? Funny, you didn't like me using the word 'ilk' but have no problem lumping any conservative in with the big bad Bush boogey man....I love how that works.

    Look, what makes you think that Bush was a true conservative in the first place? He wasn't. He was a big government guy on the right of center, just like your guy is a big government guy, but the difference is that at least Bush didn't want to "fundamentally transform" the country by tearing it down first.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #47
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I guess since I supported Bush in the wars, then oh, I must shrink from criticizing everything out of his, or any politicians administration just because they are GOP eh? Funny, you didn't like me using the word 'ilk' but have no problem lumping any conservative in with the big bad Bush boogey man....I love how that works.

    Look, what makes you think that Bush was a true conservative in the first place? He wasn't. He was a big government guy on the right of center, just like your guy is a big government guy, but the difference is that at least Bush didn't want to "fundamentally transform" the country by tearing it down first.
    Wow, talk about an attempt at redirection. This isn't a discussion about the size of government or wars. And I certainly wasn't lumping anyone into a group, merely disproving your assumption that this was a hostile Obama administration fudging the numbers. There isn't even a boogeyman here. You're so used to this kneejerk "LIBRULS BLAME BUSH" response that you just went and assumed I was blaming somebody for something. It's a report from an agency regarding expected oil production. I've no reason to suspect it was fraudulent, regardless of which person was in the white house at the time.

    It's a discussion about oil production. Are you trying to tell me that the Bush administration was hostile enough to oil production that they had the EIA put out pessimistic numbers regarding the ANWR?

    Do you have any other source with radically different numbers regarding the rate of projected production at ANWR?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #48
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wow, talk about an attempt at redirection. This isn't a discussion about the size of government or wars. And I certainly wasn't lumping anyone into a group, merely disproving your assumption that this was a hostile Obama administration fudging the numbers. There isn't even a boogeyman here. You're so used to this kneejerk "LIBRULS BLAME BUSH" response that you just went and assumed I was blaming somebody for something. It's a report from an agency regarding expected oil production. I've no reason to suspect it was fraudulent, regardless of which person was in the white house at the time.

    It's a discussion about oil production. Are you trying to tell me that the Bush administration was hostile enough to oil production that they had the EIA put out pessimistic numbers regarding the ANWR?

    Do you have any other source with radically different numbers regarding the rate of projected production at ANWR?
    No, I am telling you that like Mark Twain said so long ago, "there are three kinds of lies....Lies, damned lies, and statistics." Period. As a matter of course DC often manipulates numbers to their own benefit. So, did Bush try and open more lands to exploration? Yes he did. Did libs in congress block those attempts? Yes they did. Are we now sitting on huge energy reserves that we are not allowed to tap because of political considerations? Yes we are. And whom does that hurt the most? The poor, the working poor, and the middle classes....So let's be clear ok?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I am telling you that like Mark Twain said so long ago, "there are three kinds of lies....Lies, damned lies, and statistics." Period. As a matter of course DC often manipulates numbers to their own benefit. So, did Bush try and open more lands to exploration? Yes he did. Did libs in congress block those attempts? Yes they did. Are we now sitting on huge energy reserves that we are not allowed to tap because of political considerations? Yes we are. And whom does that hurt the most? The poor, the working poor, and the middle classes....So let's be clear ok?
    Yes, let's be clear:

    You're just handwaving away the numbers because you don't like what they say. Feel free to offer an alternative estimate of your choosing. Important note: rate of extraction is the key figure. A trillion barrels of oil does nobody any good if only one can be extracted per day. Conversely, if you extracted a trillion barrels of oil this week you'd see a supply glut and a major price reduction as companies tried to get rid of it all.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Gas prices climb to four-month high

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, let's be clear:

    You're just handwaving away the numbers because you don't like what they say. Feel free to offer an alternative estimate of your choosing. Important note: rate of extraction is the key figure. A trillion barrels of oil does nobody any good if only one can be extracted per day. Conversely, if you extracted a trillion barrels of oil this week you'd see a supply glut and a major price reduction as companies tried to get rid of it all.
    Well, this is not a new argument for sure....But, I think that the numbers have been hashed, rehashed, and baked again and served in thread after thread. Let me approach it this way, do you agree that the US artificially holds down its production of oil, natural gas, and coal due to not only over burdensome regulation, but on political considerations as well?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •