Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 231

Thread: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

  1. #111
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    SCOTUS said that African slaves weren't citizens and therefore had no rights, too. Just because SCOTUS says it doesn't make it right.
    Talk about a red herring. Slavery has nothing to do with this issue. The SCOTUS interpreted this one correctly in my opinion. Due to public safety concerns, some regulation is necessary. The general welfare does take precedent ion this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #112
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I could better accept it if the "small fee" was the same for both, after all, it is just a cheap piece of plastic with a photo on it. I still see no valid reason that the state may rent your Constitutional rights back to you or lock you up if you refuse to pay that rights rental fee. While driving is a mere state issued privilege the 2A, in its entirety (keep and bear), is a Constitutional right that "shall not be infringed".
    Well small fee is subjective. A small fee for one is not necessarily for all.

    Charging a fee is not infringement according to the courts. I see why some regulation is necessary so I am in no position to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #113
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Talk about a red herring. Slavery has nothing to do with this issue. The SCOTUS interpreted this one correctly in my opinion. Due to public safety concerns, some regulation is necessary. The general welfare does take precedent ion this case.
    It has everything to do with it, because it proves that SCOTUS doesn't always get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #114
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Who gets to decide what item gets the (extra tax)? Why limit it to guns?
    Our elected officials. This is why we elect them, to speak for us and pass laws as we the people need or want.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Lets go ahead and add an extra tax on vid games and consules, going to the violent movies, buying popcorn at the movies or a large soft drink. How about hammers, knives, slingshots, bows, etc.
    Using your stance, if you can afford it pay the extra fee, it nothing, right?.
    That's the way the government of certain states see it. Some charge a luxury tax on motorcycles for example and some don't. It depends on the state you live in. If you don't like the laws of the state you are in, move. That's what I had to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Adding extra laws and fees will not curtail the violence.
    I absolutely agree with this. This is not about curtailing violence as I pointed out earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    We have laws making it a crime to rob banks. Bank still get robbed. Its a crime to murder, but murders still happen.
    Maybe we need to get tougher on criminals and leave law abiding people alone.
    Again I agree. This does not however change the fact I moved to a state where I like the laws. Anyone can do it. Takes a little drive, but it can be done. I don't except excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #115
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It has everything to do with it, because it proves that SCOTUS doesn't always get it right.
    So what? That's your opinion on this specific issue. You are no more an authority on this than I am. It is your opinion vs mine. Only difference is my opinion is backed up by actual law and what the courts have decided. Does this make them right on everything? Of course not. On this issue I think they are correct. So that puts the law on my side of the debate whether you agree or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #116
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    So what? That's your opinion on this specific issue. You are no more an authority on this than I am. It is your opinion vs mine. Only difference is my opinion is backed up by actual law and what the courts have decided. Does this make them right on everything? Of course not. On this issue I think they are correct. So that puts the law on my side of the debate whether you agree or not.
    Are you going to say "so what?" When they come after the rest of your civil rights? Washington state is already trying take away the right to warranted searches along with gun control regulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #117
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you going to say "so what?" When they come after the rest of your civil rights? Washington state is already trying take away the right to warranted searches along with gun control regulation.
    Strawman. This has literally nothing at all to do with anything.

    No one at this point is coming for anyone's civil rights.

    Just because one state is trying to pass a stupid law does not mean it will pass. If it does, well that state voted those representatives in. We have a court system to challenge unconstitutional laws for this very reason.

    I looked for such legislation at Washing States government website and found nothing. Do you have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #118
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,016

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Our elected officials. This is why we elect them, to speak for us and pass laws as we the people need or want.



    That's the way the government of certain states see it. Some charge a luxury tax on motorcycles for example and some don't. It depends on the state you live in. If you don't like the laws of the state you are in, move. That's what I had to do.



    I absolutely agree with this. This is not about curtailing violence as I pointed out earlier.



    Again I agree. This does not however change the fact I moved to a state where I like the laws. Anyone can do it. Takes a little drive, but it can be done. I don't except excuses.
    I like Arizona gun laws. open carry/concealed weapon.

  9. #119
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Strawman. This has literally nothing at all to do with anything.

    No one at this point is coming for anyone's civil rights.

    Just because one state is trying to pass a stupid law does not mean it will pass. If it does, well that state voted those representatives in. We have a court system to challenge unconstitutional laws for this very reason.

    I looked for such legislation at Washing States government website and found nothing. Do you have a link?
    "Gee, it won't pass", is the wrong answer. It should concern all of us that they would even try.

    WA gun bill includes police searches without warrants Hot Air
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #120
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Our elected officials. This is why we elect them, to speak for us and pass laws as we the people need or want.



    That's the way the government of certain states see it. Some charge a luxury tax on motorcycles for example and some don't. It depends on the state you live in. If you don't like the laws of the state you are in, move. That's what I had to do.



    I absolutely agree with this. This is not about curtailing violence as I pointed out earlier.



    Again I agree. This does not however change the fact I moved to a state where I like the laws. Anyone can do it. Takes a little drive, but it can be done. I don't except excuses.
    Elected officials don't have carte blanche to pass any law they want. That's why we have a costitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •