Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102

Thread: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

  1. #61
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    It's a lot like OJ, in that the now dead victim told friends she believed her husband would kill her, even going so far as telling a friend that he threatened to kill her. The jury heard the statement, the defense had a chance to cross-examine the witness alleging the victim made the statement. They believed it. I'm convinced.
    I wonder if that type of evidence is anything like a "dying declaration." I know that dying declarations hold alot of weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #62
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,578

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I wonder if that type of evidence is anything like a "dying declaration." I know that dying declarations hold alot of weight.
    I'm personally glad they allow it. If I'm afraid for my life because someone is acting threateningly toward me--it's not overt enough to press charges, but it is enough to scare the bejesus out of me, so I tell friends and family--I'd hope that fact could come out at trial if I end up dead.

  3. #63
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    You say that he beat her regularly.....then why wasn't there photos and documentation of any of this. Where were the photos by her relatives when she ran over to see them? They never produced any. Also I think you would have to look into the testimony of that coroner and what he stated and what was stated at the first time the Coroners Office reported on the matter.

    It will be one of Petersons main Appeals arguments.
    Don't know. Am not privy to that. All I know is 18 times during the last 2 years of their marriage, the police were called to the home over domestic disturbance. I'm sure that that was brought into evidence. Cant' imagine it wasn't. Also, the 2nd wife said that he beat her, too. The 4th wife can't say he beat her, either, because she's dead. She did say that she feared for her life, to other people.

    Illinois law allows hearsay evidence if prosecutors believe the victim was killed to prevent his or her testimony. It's pretty cut and dried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  4. #64
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    NO, what he is saying I believe is that its better for 10 scumbags to be set free than one innocent man ruined and when we start cutting corners in order to achieve a desired end, the innocent will get caught up in the desire to punish the evil

    Caveat-I have not followed the case and I don't know if reasonable doubt existed
    Ya know, TD...I can read. Ex had drawn conclusions from my very first post to him in which he created his own meaning. He aggressively went off on my comments like he knows every ****ing thing there is to know in the legal world...and decides to slam my comments.

    And rest assured...I don't care anymore about your going off on my posts...than Ex going off. In case you don't know this...everybody has opinions. But to make this all clear...I didn't make a single declaration of Peterson's guilt or innocents in my post...ya dig? No seriously...do you understand?

    Both you an Ex...need to get a grip.

  5. #65
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    And to this day he has many women writing to him. Younger women. I dont understand that AT ALL! Him getting visits with them too. It sickens me that ANYONE would do anything but want to spit in his face.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  6. #66
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    He was about to get married again, when he was arrested. Also, he started dating Stacy when she was 16 and he was like 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #67
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,578

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    He was about to get married again, when he was arrested. Also, he started dating Stacy when she was 16 and he was like 50.
    WTF was wrong with Stacy? I never did quite get what she could have seen in that dude, unless he had a lot of cocaine or something.

  8. #68
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    /shrugs Dunno. He's not that good looking. Maybe 16 year old girls like middle-aged paunchy douchebags now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  9. #69
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    He was about to get married again, when he was arrested. Also, he started dating Stacy when she was 16 and he was like 50.
    I cant even meet someone thats single and I like and this old HUUUUUGE A-hole..... disgusting personality has young attractive women wanting to MARRY him. If a woman can chime in and tell us what would POSSIBLY be remotely attractive about this douchebag murderer I would appreciate it. Its almost like he sold his soul to Satan.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years for wife's death

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I cant even meet someone thats single and I like and this old HUUUUUGE A-hole..... disgusting personality has young attractive women wanting to MARRY him. If a woman can chime in and tell us what would POSSIBLY be remotely attractive about this douchebag murderer I would appreciate it. Its almost like he sold his soul to Satan.
    "Oh," want to know what women are looking for in an overweight paunchy guy .....It will cost ya!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •