Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 157

Thread: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

  1. #51
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And I posted a hypothetical justification for requiring parents to supply their children with a car to go to school.
    Your posts created a false reality used to justify your opinion. But what's a little honesty in posting, right?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #52
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    As far as I can see, the reports say nothing about the courts making any decision on the use of a car as punishment. You're just making stuff up
    So the car was an issue because.....................

  3. #53
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, the parents when sued suddenly deny they tried to coerce the child into an abortion and that constitutes fact in your mind? Good for you - perhaps the child was just experiencing morning sickness or some hormonal spike when she decided to sue her parents.
    The parents did deny this - that is a fact

    Your inability to recognize this as a fact is your failing.

    Here is another fact:

    "The parents denied the child the use of the car"

    All parties agreed that the child was denied the use of the car

    Here is something thata *not* a fact:

    "The parents denied her the use of the car as punishment for not wanting/getting an abortion"

    Even though you claim this is a fact, it is not. It is the girls allegation, but it has not been proven.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #54
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So the car was an issue because.....................
    The parents have an obligation to provide medical care for the child. I said that in my first post in this thread

    And I know you read that post because you "liked" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #55
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, the parents when sued suddenly deny they tried to coerce the child into an abortion and that constitutes fact in your mind? Good for you - perhaps the child was just experiencing morning sickness or some hormonal spike when she decided to sue her parents.
    I'm not saying it's a fact, don't put words in my mouth. I'm only saying that they are not arguing that they should be able to force her into an abortion. I gave you what they said. I asked for someone that is arguing that they should be able to force her, and you gave them as an example, and they have not, at anytime, came out and said they should be able to. I'm not saying it's a fact that they didn't, but it is a fact that they are not publicly arguing that.

    So come up with an actual example or retract your false allegation. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Being pro-choice, I support the right of the kid to decide whether to have the child or not. I think the parents have a right to take away the car, unless it is registered in her name. If it is in her name, until she is 18 they still have the right to not allow her to drive.

  7. #57
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You can't guarantee a damn thing, as you obviously have no idea what anyone would think. You can't just run around throwing out unsubstantiated, and quite frankly, ignorant assertions of everything the otherside would do. No one is arguing that the parents should have punished her the way described, I'm pro-choice and I don't agree with their actions, though I do think some kind of punishment is required for her to understand what's going on, but regardless, I am only saying that it's not your business, my business, or the courts business to stick their nose in on how parents punish their kid. If they are not breaking any laws in the punishment, then it's not our business. BTW, that used to be a conservative ideal, but apparently you conservatives change your mind on that frequently when you have no logic behind your assertions.
    In case you missed it, conservatives believe in constitutional rights, even ones that the Supreme Court invents, and we also believe in the rule of law as adjudicted by courts. Conservatives have no problem with people seeking relief from courts when they feel their rights have been infringed. Conservatives oppose the government insinuating themselves into the private lives of citizens and providing blanket solutions where no problem exists.

  8. #58
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    "The parents denied her the use of the car as punishment for not wanting/getting an abortion"

    Even though you claim this is a fact, it is not. It is the girls allegation, but it has not been proven.
    Seems to me the court looked at the preponderance of the evidence and determined the girls allegations were indeed fact and ordered that it stop. That's what courts do.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    What if it was old school days - the parents said she could have the baby, but she'd have to give it up for abortion?

    Babies, as we all know, are massively expensive. Maybe the parents don't have the finances to pay for another baby.
    Even if the boy's parents agree to pay for half of everything.....

    What are the rights of the "grandparents" here?

    Since they will foot a good deal of the finances for a child they did not want or agree to have?

    Are they SOL simply because their child did something stupid?
    AFAIK, the grandparents have no legal obligation to pay for, or care for, the child. Only the teenager and the biological father have that obligation if they decode to keep the child.

  10. #60
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    In case you missed it, conservatives believe in constitutional rights, even ones that the Supreme Court invents, and we also believe in the rule of law as adjudicted by courts. Conservatives have no problem with people seeking relief from courts when they feel their rights have been infringed. Conservatives oppose the government insinuating themselves into the private lives of citizens and providing blanket solutions where no problem exists.
    Then maybe you should start showing these ideals somewhere in this thread. Right now you are saying that progressives are supporting the parents punishing her, when in reality, the only support i have seen in this thread is that parents do have a right to punish their children, not that everyone agrees with the punishment, or that they agree she should be punished for not having an abortion. You are making false claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •