Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 157

Thread: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

  1. #41
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Says the poster who worries about future car accidents that haven't yet happened
    I posed a hypothetical question regarding and related to the ruling. If you can't tell the difference between that and creating "facts" to support your opinion, I can't help you.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #42
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Nonsense - the court DID NOT rule that the parents had to go out and get her a car to use - the court DID rule that the parents couldn't take away the car as punishment for the child exercising her constitutional right to free choice.
    Which is why I asked a question. A hypothetical question regarding the judges ruling.

    Apparently hypothetical questions are a complex concept. I was not aware they were so hard to understand. My apologies to all of those confused by the concept of a hypothetical question.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #43
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Nonsense - the court DID NOT rule that the parents had to go out and get her a car to use - the court DID rule that the parents couldn't take away the car as punishment for the child exercising her constitutional right to free choice.
    As far as I can see, the reports say nothing about the courts making any decision on the use of a car as punishment. You're just making stuff up
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #44
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    When you want to play by your own rules (re: #2) you can let me know.
    They're not *my* rules. It was *you* who started inventing hypothetical situations
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #45
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    The parents are denying that they ever tried to coerce the girl into having an abortion. They claim they were punishing her for her actions that got her pregnany.

    So, once again, who is out there arguing that parents should be able to force their children to get abortions? Even the parents, as you claim, aren't out there arguing they should be able to, they are arguing that they never even did that.

    Texas parents agree not to pressure teen to have abortion - CNN.com


    You are making stuff up. Now please come up with a real instance of this happening.
    So, the parents when sued suddenly deny they tried to coerce the child into an abortion and that constitutes fact in your mind? Good for you - perhaps the child was just experiencing morning sickness or some hormonal spike when she decided to sue her parents.

  6. #46
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    They're not *my* rules. It was *you* who started inventing hypothetical situations
    Just for clarification:

    Do you understand the difference between a hypothetical situation and a declarative statement of fact? Because you used one and I used the other.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I can't even address the multitude of blatantly incorrect "facts" in this post.
    Sure. Then please don't strain yourself. It's ok, I can manage without your invaluable input.

  8. #48
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I posed a hypothetical question regarding and related to the ruling. If you can't tell the difference between that and creating "facts" to support your opinion, I can't help you.
    And I posted a hypothetical justification for requiring parents to supply their children with a car to go to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #49
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, the parents when sued suddenly deny they tried to coerce the child into an abortion and that constitutes fact in your mind? Good for you - perhaps the child was just experiencing morning sickness or some hormonal spike when she decided to sue her parents.
    Actually, a group sued the parents on the girl's behalf when she called a counselling line with the allegations against her parents.

    The girl doesn't even LIVE with her parents.

    Pregnant Texas teen sues parents to prevent them from forcing an abortion - NY Daily News
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #50
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I can guarantee if the choice was to abort and the parents didn't want her to, the pro-choice crowd would be groaning and moaning if her parents punished her by taking away her access to a car she had before the pregnancy.
    You can't guarantee a damn thing, as you obviously have no idea what anyone would think. You can't just run around throwing out unsubstantiated, and quite frankly, ignorant assertions of everything the otherside would do. No one is arguing that the parents should have punished her the way described, I'm pro-choice and I don't agree with their actions, though I do think some kind of punishment is required for her to understand what's going on, but regardless, I am only saying that it's not your business, my business, or the courts business to stick their nose in on how parents punish their kid. If they are not breaking any laws in the punishment, then it's not our business. BTW, that used to be a conservative ideal, but apparently you conservatives change your mind on that frequently when you have no logic behind your assertions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •