Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 462

Thread: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slavery

  1. #71
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Unless you can point out any errors in fact then yes, it must be true.

    Can you spot any factual errors?? If so I'd really like to see them and we can expose the truth together.
    The whole thing is absurd.

    I really doubt your are worried about the truth....but for beginners we can talk about the idea that political parties in the US are static entities. That an 1800's Republican is the same as a 2014 Republican or that a Democratic Party member in the 1800's is the same thing as a 2014 Democratic Party member.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    The whole thing is absurd.

    I really doubt your are worried about the truth....but for beginners we can talk about the idea that political parties in the US are static entities. That an 1800's Republican is the same as a 2014 Republican or that a Democratic Party member in the 1800's is the same thing as a 2014 Democratic Party member.
    You seem to have changed your tune a little here, which is commendable.

    History is something the Democrats have to live with and as the video pointed out, they are still legislating against Blacks as though they were inferior people. If you saw the video to the end you'll know what I'm referring to.

    The Negro Family: The Case For National Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Moynihan generally concluded in the report: "The steady expansion of welfare programs can be taken as a measure of the steady disintegration of the Negro family structure over the past generation in the United States".

    Far from freeing Black men with their Social programs, they made Black men dispensable. Democrats try to take credit for these programs, as another poster did when referring to LBJ, but they will not admit to the very real social harm these misguided, and ruinous, social programs have initiated.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    The whole thing is absurd.

    I really doubt your are worried about the truth....but for beginners we can talk about the idea that political parties in the US are static entities. That an 1800's Republican is the same as a 2014 Republican or that a Democratic Party member in the 1800's is the same thing as a 2014 Democratic Party member.
    How do you believe an 1860's Republican differs from a 2012 Republican?

  4. #74
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, I'm a Conservative and will call out the Rebuplicans for their nonsense just as fast as I'll call out Democrats.

    The criticism is comming from the left. The unfair criticism that attepts to broad brush the Cons AND Republicans as racist.

    I do not suffer fools well and will simply offer up honest factual information to stop the progressive lie in its tracks.
    Pre-civil rights, it was a very conservative attitude to leave things as they were. That is essentially what conservatism is about, not changing society. Look back to the 1850s - the radicals were the abolitionists. They formed the Republican party.

    You're making the mistake of Liberal = Democrat, which is the same mistake as Conservative = Republican.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #75
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How do you believe an 1860's Republican differs from a 2012 Republican?
    1860s Republicans were radicals. They were the ones who wanted to completely change the social order. The conservatives, who favored the existing social order, were Democrats.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    1860s Republicans were radicals. They were the ones who wanted to completely change the social order. The conservatives, who favored the existing social order, were Democrats.
    The Republicans then, as Republicans now, feel that all people should have equal rights in law. The Democrats, then as now, feel otherwise.

  7. #77
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,600

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Nice try, and a common leftist attempt at historical revision, but it just aint true.

    Watch and learn! Bill Whittle - Racism - Democrats and Republicans switch sides? - YouTube
    Leftist?

    Facts have a liberal bias. Is that it?

  8. #78
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The Republicans then, as Republicans now, feel that all people should have equal rights in law. The Democrats, then as now, feel otherwise.
    Therein you show your complete misunderstanding of the word "conservative" in addition to your complete misunderstanding of what the 2 parties stand for. As I have long suspected, you can only run the Limbaugh playbook which knows nothing of history.

    Do Republicans think that homosexuals should have equal rights to marry or adopt children? Not last I checked, so the whole "all people should have equal rights" is in fact, crap.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Leftist?

    Facts have a liberal bias. Is that it?
    Not really.

    Liberals have little grasp of history and the facts. Indeed, that's why they are Liberals.

  10. #80
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You seem to have changed your tune a little here, which is commendable.
    .
    I haven't changed my tune at all.

    History is something the Democrats have to live with
    This is the part where history (Republican party was anti-slavery Democratic party was pro-slavery) goes from factual to absurd. Last I checked I did not vote for an 1800's or even 1960's Democrat. I'm pretty sure no living Republican has voted for Abraham Lincoln. The fact you have to go back at least to the 1960's in order to make a counter argument to a strawman argument that all Republicans are racist says a lot!

    as the video pointed out, they are still legislating against Blacks as though they were inferior people. If you saw the video to the end you'll know what I'm referring to.
    Which is just ridiculous. Either the person making that argument is ignorant of Democratic reasons or just a liar. I honestly don't know which for the individual in the video because both would be believable.

    Moynihan generally concluded in the report: "The steady expansion of welfare programs can be taken as a measure of the steady disintegration of the Negro family structure over the past generation in the United States".

    Far from freeing Black men with their Social programs, they made Black men dispensable. Democrats try to take credit for these programs, as another poster did when referring to LBJ, but they will not admit to the very real social harm these misguided, and ruinous, social programs have initiated.
    Yes yes...we all know this line...up is down...it's immoral to help someone in need...the true moral response to someone living in poverty is to not help them.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •