Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 462

Thread: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slavery

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Mississippi failed to ratify freeing slaves for over a century and you think that the person not being pleased with that is the race baiter? You couldn't possibly be more assbackwards if you tried.
    I guess this means Mississippi has to free their slaves now?

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Yeah. I'm just trying to lighten things up.
    I hear ya bro... levity is a good thing sometimes.

    as an aside, I'll probably be heading to Vegas in June....

  3. #33
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I guess this means Mississippi has to free their slaves now?
    Well if the states rights crowd had their way they sure as hell would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well if the states rights crowd had their way they sure as hell would.
    those states rights folks are evil and stupid.
    it's almost like they think there are 50 separate states that the make up the nation or something..... pfft, idiots.

    so, what do they do about all those slaves in Mississippi that y'all pretend still exist?... do they pretend-free them, or pretend-keep them?

  5. #35
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Mississippi failed to ratify freeing slaves for over a century and you think that the
    person not being pleased with that is the race baiter? You couldn't possibly be more assbackwards if you tried.
    No I think your ilk needs as much illegitimate ammunition as possible to perpetaute as many race baiting stories as is currentlty possible.

    Kind of like your President pushing gun control and Immigration reform when the economy is taking a nose dive.

    Unless you agree that racebaiting is a legitimate tactic in perpetuating a bankrupt ideogy ?

    Honestly ,Mississipi's racist past lies firmly with past Mississippi Democrats. Hell, I thought you might agree with me.

    Truth is that those Democrats didn't stop with burning white crosses and standing around in silly white hats.

    They ( and their ilk) instituted policies that would help tear apart the black family and put generations of people on Govt assistance.

    Wait, it kinda makes sense now. Only thing is those policies are being doubled down on and are being extended out to our illegal guest and just about everyone who ask for Govt assistance.

    You think it was just a ratification for the sake of ceremony ?

  6. #36
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    those states rights folks are evil and stupid.
    it's almost like they think there are 50 separate states that the make up the nation or something..... pfft, idiots.

    so, what do they do about all those slaves in Mississippi that y'all pretend still exist?... do they pretend-free them, or pretend-keep them?
    I've not big issue with states rights to an extent but you have a guy in this very thread saying that states rights are supreme. If that's the case, their not following federal slavery abolition in his eyes means that slavery is still in existence there legally. Of course its not. And of course it would be rather symbolic but to a black family in Mississippi, I think it's symbolism worth showing and that it had a hard time getting through is definitely the wrong symbol to show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I've not big issue with states rights to an extent but you have a guy in this very thread saying that states rights are supreme. If that's the case, their not following federal slavery abolition in his eyes means that slavery is still in existence there legally. Of course its not. And of course it would be rather symbolic but to a black family in Mississippi, I think it's symbolism worth showing and that it had a hard time getting through is definitely the wrong symbol to show.
    well, I'm just glad slavery is finally abolished in Mississippi.... 150 years after it was abolished in Mississippi (and every other state).

    that black family in Mississippi can symbolically rest easy knowing it is symbolically free from symbolic slavery that doesn't exist.


    whomever believes states are supreme on any and every topic is an idiot...so are folks who think ratifying the amendment 150 years after it was adopted is something special.

  8. #38
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Well, I guess now that Republicans have a majority in the Mississippi House, for the first time since the Reconstruction, ratifying the 13 Amendment is a relatively safe thing to do

  9. #39
    Guru
    Velvet Elvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    You mean I could have had me a slave to do all my housework, up until 1995???? Damn.

  10. #40
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    The entire point of a tread of this nature is that liberals have lists of things that they are told to hate. When things that are on the Hate List are mentioned, the loon's estrogen/emotion generator kicks in and they feel hate and as we all know, when loons feel something, it must be expressed immediately and any nearby loons must be rallied to join the braying.

    Mississippi is on that Liberal Hate List so that is why we have a thread of this nature desperately searching for a reason for existence, yet filled with directionless emotion. Topics such as this, while pointless to normal people, are immensely satisfying to the ever bleating loons. This is part of their unusual, but fascinating, pathology.
    Last edited by Ray410; 02-19-13 at 04:26 AM.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •