Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 462

Thread: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slavery

  1. #281
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Prove it.
    "57 states".......
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    "57 states".......
    You're being too kind.

    Back in 2008, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's (D-Nev.) encouragement of Obama was unequivocal. He was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one," as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination.

    Or maybe that's just cynical.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Where has Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton been all these years!?!?

    Was this like an open secret or something?

  4. #284
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,653

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Libbos aren't stupid, however they're not nearly as intellecutally superior as they would like eveeyone believe.
    Extremists on either side, Left or Right, are not as bright as they seem to think they are. Your average wingnut and libtard have no clue what it takes to run a nation as large as this one. Wingnuts think the government should not be involved with building bridges, damns and schools, Libtards think we should put unqualified people in charge of the project.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You're being too kind.

    Back in 2008, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's (D-Nev.) encouragement of Obama was unequivocal. He was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one," as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination.

    Or maybe that's just cynical.
    Comon sense. The republicans should try using it once in a while instead of relying on paranoid fears of blacks "taking over the country">

  6. #286
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,653

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You're being too kind.

    Back in 2008, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's (D-Nev.) encouragement of Obama was unequivocal. He was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one," as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination.

    Or maybe that's just cynical.
    I think the fact that Obama is half white helped him win. Yes. So too did the fact that he went to Harvard. Absolutely.

    What exactly are you trying to say, anyway?

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Comon sense. The republicans should try using it once in a while instead of relying on paranoid fears of blacks "taking over the country">
    Common sense?

    Since when is electing a person with no managerial experience or business experience 'common sense'. BHO was elected because of the color of his skin, not the content of his character, which is why the leftists want as few inquiries into his past as possible.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I think the fact that Obama is half white helped him win. Yes. So too did the fact that he went to Harvard. Absolutely.

    What exactly are you trying to say, anyway?
    What part do you not understand?

    Going to Harvard University, where affirmative action played a major role in Obama's admittance and his selection to HLR, does not immediately qualify anyone to be President. His color was the deciding factor in the elections, not competence, and it was affirmative action on an international scale.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Common sense?

    Since when is electing a person with no managerial experience or business experience 'common sense'. BHO was elected because of the color of his skin, not the content of his character, which is why the leftists want as few inquiries into his past as possible.
    Don't forget, george washington was a farmer. Obama could even be related to him or tom jefferson.

  10. #290
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    After watching the film, which depicts the political fight to pass the 13th Amendment, Batra did some research. He learned that the amendment was ratified after three-fourths of the states backed it in December 1865. Four remaining states all eventually ratified the amendment -- except for Mississippi. Mississippi voted to ratify the amendment in 1995 but failed to make it official by notifying the U.S. Archivist.


    After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slavery - CBS News



    Waiting until 1995 was funny enough but 2013 made my day. Way too funny.
    And the Equal Right Amendment for women has yet to be ratified anywhere. So what's your point? Oh, right. You don't have one.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •