Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 462

Thread: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slavery

  1. #231
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So those democrats were against big government ?
    No, those Democrats were Conservatives. Luckily, they've either all died or become Republicans.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #232
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Kinda like when white voters were intimidated in Philidelphia by racist blacks and the DOJ ignored it. Right?
    You are actually comparing a couple of Black Panther idiots showing up at a polling place with hundreds of years of discrimination and intimidation? God, no wonder you can't get any black votes.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #233
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,310

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    The only black racists I've seen are republican, Toms.
    Toms ? Thats racist in itself but actually the 60's Democrats just traded their goofy white hoods in for insitituting social programs that assisted in destroying black families and caused generational dependence.

    So the democrat party hasn't really changed a bit.

    Racism or the accusations of racism to force destructive legislation on black communities is pretty much akin to slavery.

    You guys just institutionalized it to buy votes.....classy

  4. #234
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,310

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    No, those Democrats were Conservatives. Luckily, they've either all died or
    become Republicans.
    No, they were democrats all right who changed their process from overt racism to a insidious form of control using dependence.

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why weren't the black legislators bringing this to the forefront? My point being, maybe they had bigger fish to fry than waste time worrying about an issue that's more symbolic than anything else and has zero to do with the real world problems faced by the poorest state in the union.

    Another point, is why are we screaming "racism" but only applying it to the white legislators and giving the black legislators a free pass? Is this just another chance to stereotype southern whites, or flat out hypocrisy?
    Must be because those black legislators, who constitute a very small percentage of the Mississippi Legislature, thought slavery was a good thing.

    I'm continually amazed how you right wing folks wind up blaming the most egregious forms of racism and discrimination on the victims. It's a real art form. Nobody buys it other than your fellow travelers, but it is a neat trick.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #236
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, they were democrats all right who changed their process from overt racism to a insidious form of control using dependence.
    Ahh, the continuing battle cry of the Far Right - 'Those blacks are so stupid they let themselves be manipulated by those rascally Democrats!'
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Toms ? Thats racist in itself but actually the 60's Democrats just traded their goofy white hoods in for insitituting social programs that assisted in destroying black families and caused generational dependence.

    So the democrat party hasn't really changed a bit.

    Racism or the accusations of racism to force destructive legislation on black communities is pretty much akin to slavery.

    You guys just institutionalized it to buy votes.....classy
    Yeah, and those blacks are so stupid they just can't see it, right Fenton? If only they were as smart as you white folks!
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #238
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    The only black racists I've seen are republican, Toms.
    That's hillarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #239
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Must be because those black legislators, who constitute a very small percentage of the Mississippi Legislature, thought slavery was a good thing.

    I'm continually amazed how you right wing folks wind up blaming the most egregious forms of racism and discrimination on the victims. It's a real art form. Nobody buys it other than your fellow travelers, but it is a neat trick.
    I'm not blaming anything on anyone. I'm just asking why you're only questioning the white legislators and not the black legislators. Just askin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,310

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Ahh, the continuing battle cry of the Far Right -

    'Those blacks are so stupid they let themselves be manipulated by those rascally Democrats!'
    If we cried it,and we didn't who did it ?

    Your party. Its pushing dependence now. Why do you think Obama ran food stamp adds on mexican tv stations ?

    Its the only way you'll get votes
    Last edited by Fenton; 02-21-13 at 04:46 PM.

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •