Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 462

Thread: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slavery

  1. #121
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What do you mean?
    Those Dems joined the GOP, party of the Southern Strategy.

  2. #122
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Southern Democrats left the party when the party leadership pushed through Civil Rights. Simple as that, though some would interpret the spilt as more about economics than race.

    Be all that as it may, fact remains, the D's of the 60's are not the same as the D's post the Civil Rights era.
    Why did they join the Republicans, when so many more Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Bill?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #123
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Those Dems joined the GOP, party of the Southern Strategy.
    92% of the members of the party of the "Southern Strategy" voted yay for the Civil Rights Bill. Why would racists from the Democrat Party join the Republican party, for racst reasons. See how idiotic that notion is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Those Dems joined the GOP, party of the Southern Strategy.
    Your proud of your partkes institutionalized dependence and the damage its done to the black family ?

  5. #125
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your proud of your partkes institutionalized dependence and the damage its done to the black family ?
    That's the reason LBJ pushed the CRB...it was the best way to keep blacks under control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #126
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,706

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why did they join the Republicans, when so many more Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Bill?
    The Republican party slowly shifted to become the anti-civil Rights Party. It began with Barry Goldwater, and then quickly evolved with William Buckley pushing conservatives to the forefront of the party, primarily via his writings in the National Review.
    It is true that most Republicans in 1964 held vastly more liberal positions on civil rights than Goldwater. This strikes Williamson as proof of the idiosyncratic and isolated quality of Goldwater’s civil rights stance. What it actually shows is that conservatives had not yet gained control of the Republican Party.

    But conservative Republicans — those represented politically by Goldwater, and intellectually by William F. Buckley and National Review — did oppose the civil rights movement. Buckley wrote frankly about his endorsement of white supremacy: “the White community in the South is entitled to take such measures as are necessary to prevail, politically and culturally, in areas in which it does not predominate numerically.” More often conservatives argued on grounds of states’ rights, or freedom of property, or that civil rights leaders were annoying hypocrites, or that they had undermined respect for the law.

    The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights -- Daily Intelligencer
    After that, the GOP journeyed further into the abyss under Nixon.

  7. #127
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,706

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's the reason LBJ pushed the CRB...it was the best way to keep blacks under control.
    One argument is the Jews pushed for integration and the elimination of Jim Crow laws so that they could sell to Blacks in their department stores instead of segregated Blacks shopping exclusively at Black-owned businesses. Many people argue, not necessarily in error, that desegregation harmed Black entrepreneurs. Of course, the fact that Southern Whites dressed in sheets burned crosses on lawns and lynched Blacks who ran successful, competing businesses didn't help either.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The Republican party slowly shifted to become the anti-civil Rights Party. It began with Barry Goldwater, and then quickly evolved with William Buckley pushing conservatives to the forefront of the party, primarily via his writings in the National Review.

    After that, the GOP journeyed further into the abyss under Nixon.
    This is complete nonsense. Complete high school and read some history books.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    One argument is the Jews pushed for integration and the elimination of Jim Crow laws so that they could sell to Blacks in their department stores instead of segregated Blacks shopping exclusively at Black-owned businesses. Many people argue, not necessarily in error, that desegregation harmed Black entrepreneurs. Of course, the fact that Southern Whites dressed in sheets burned crosses on lawns and lynched Blacks who ran successful, competing businesses didn't help either.
    The Jews, huh?

    Another racist Leftist. It's just incredible!

  10. #130
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: After 148 years, Mississippi finally ratifies 13th Amendment, which banned slaver

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The Republican party slowly shifted to
    become the anti-civil Rights Party. It began with Barry Goldwater, and then quickly evolved with William Buckley pushing conservatives to the forefront of the party, primarily via his writings in the National Review.

    After that, the GOP journeyed further into the abyss under Nixon.
    No, your wrong...again.

    The narrative from the left who has no evidence whats so ever is that the GOP is a anti-civil rights party.

    Its part of the same narrative thats torn apart the black community and hped create places like Detroit, South Chicago and New Orleans Housing projects.

    And you guys are still corrupt enough to use the false narrative after all of the evidence exist that shows what your policies have done.

    Kind of a special place in hell sort of thing here..

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •