Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 144

Thread: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

  1. #81
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Horses are "good eatin' "
    It's not the flavor that's a problem it's the meat quality for human consumption. Horse owners are not regulated from using certain animal chemicals possibly harmful to people.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It's not the flavor that's a problem it's the meat quality for human consumption. Horse owners are not regulated from using certain animal chemicals possibly harmful to people.
    That said, most states still allow you to buy 44oz sodas, smoke and drink.

  3. #83
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That said, most states still allow you to buy 44oz sodas, smoke and drink.

    Those are contaminants of choice, people aren't being told they're eating horse with drugs.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Those are contaminants of choice, people aren't being told they're eating horse with drugs.
    You're changing your argument. You said:
    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It's not the flavor that's a problem it's the meat quality for human consumption. Horse owners are not regulated from using certain animal chemicals possibly harmful to people.
    You said nothing about choice.

    If you had meant choice you would have said:
    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It's not the flavor that's a problem it's that people aren't being told they're eating horse with drugs.
    Nice try at a dodge, though.

  5. #85
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're changing your argument. You said:

    You said nothing about choice.

    If you had meant choice you would have said:


    Nice try at a dodge, though.
    I'm not arguing or dodging. Horse meat has been mixed in with other meat and consumers were not told.
    It's a simple statement of fact.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #86
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I'm not arguing or dodging. Horse meat has been mixed in with other meat and consumers were not told.
    It's a simple statement of fact.
    And it is a choice issue because if people aren't told, then they aren't being given the choice to not eat horse meat

    Jerrys' argument is weak and pedantic
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #87
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And it is a choice issue because if people aren't told, then they aren't being given the choice to not eat horse meat

    Jerrys' argument is weak and pedantic

    I only brought up the choice issue when he tried to compare it to soda, booze and cigarettes. We know pretty much what we're getting with those purchased items.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #88
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,566
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    He didn't build it anyway.
    Yeah, well, either way it's poor governance.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  9. #89
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,566
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It's not the flavor that's a problem it's the meat quality for human consumption. Horse owners are not regulated from using certain animal chemicals possibly harmful to people.
    You're saying that horse meat is not organic? Who'd a thunk it?

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  10. #90
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Popular D.C. Burger Joint Forced to Shut Down

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    You're saying that horse meat is not organic? Who'd a thunk it?
    Where and or how did you get that assumption from horse meat tainted with medications?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •