Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

  1. #71
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Oh, please.

    Women should get to carry the titles they like.
    Who said they shouldn't? Not me....

    Why shouldn't daddies be proud to have that title forced on them as the only thing of meaning they do?
    Why indeed, and who said they aren't? As a father of three, one who is Master's holder in Or. and two going through collage now, I am proud to have had a hand in raising three outstanding citizens, and proud of my wife, their mother for her role in raising them. And I can tell you that she takes her title as a "Mother" very seriously, in addition to the other things she did/does as a career. She always put the family first, so in addition to being a mother, she is also a graphic designer. So, who is holding her back? She would say no one.

    Because it isn't. That's why. And the same applies to women.
    Raising well adjusted, focused, and centered children to be productive, successful citizens in today's world is a tough job. And it takes BOTH parents IMHO. Now is that to say that single parents can't succeed in this? No, but that makes it harder, and the odds are against the future success of the child.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #72
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    All politicians have their platforms. Birth Control is a big issue for a lot of women and Romney clearly failed at getting his perspective and concerns across to the vast majority of women voters who have placed that high on their lists of what's important to them.
    I don't think you can be so general. Romney got more married women than did Obama, but fewer single women. Much of this was due to the manufactured "war on women" cooked up by slick liberal strategists, and you fell for it.

    I currently pay for my healthcare on my own and the taxes I pay go to other people and their health care in my state so I'm going to take the 'you' in your post as being a generalized 'you' and not aimed specifically at me. In any case I don't see why it's so difficult for anyone to understand why a woman would be more interested in Obama's platform then Romney's, they're not "Bimbo's" as one poster put it for voting for someone who is pandering to their needs and the GOP needs to either get a handle on this and better understand it or find a way to get around losing all those votes from women.
    I don't think that they, or you, are "Bimbo's" or anything of the sort. I do however believe that most of the single women vote we are talking about here going to Obama was due to a slick campaign by Obama's team, and targeted toward women between the ages of 18 to 35, single, and predisposed to vote liberal anyway. They were easily led by the promise of "free" stuff, including BC, and turned out masterfully by the Obama campaign. That doesn't mean that he BS spewed by the Obama campaign was correct, or truthful, but rather that Obama's campaign was better at targeting, and messaging....Don't conflate the two.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #73
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Oh, please.

    Women should get to carry the titles they like. Why shouldn't daddies be proud to have that title forced on them as the only thing of meaning they do?

    Because it isn't. That's why. And the same applies to women.

    Because it isn't "manly" to raise children. That's the little womans job. Come on, this isnt 2013!!


    /sarcasm

  4. #74
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Because it isn't "manly" to raise children.
    Since you made it clear that you are being sarcastic, I am not sure whether you are mocking, or basically saying this as a statement on how society has boxed men out.

    That's the little womans job. Come on, this isnt 2013!!
    Is that any justification for why the administration would continue a policy of paying women in the WH 16% less than men doing the exact same job? Then not even thinking that the American people are smart enough to see through the talking point platitudes?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #75
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Since you made it clear that you are being sarcastic, I am not sure whether you are mocking, or basically saying this as a statement on how society has boxed men out.



    Is that any justification for why the administration would continue a policy of paying women in the WH 16% less than men doing the exact same job? Then not even thinking that the American people are smart enough to see through the talking point platitudes?

    It was 100% MOCK!

    I have not heard of any pay discrepancies in the Whitehouse. Do you have some sort of credible link to show this?

  6. #76
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think you can be so general. Romney got more married women than did Obama, but fewer single women. Much of this was due to the manufactured "war on women" cooked up by slick liberal strategists, and you fell for it.
    There is no war on women. I can't fall for something that I don't believe exists. Your kind of thinking however is what's going to push more and more women away. Obama talks about women's healthcare and continually and consistently fights for it. If healthcare is high on a woman's list when it comes to voting than voting for Obama isn't stupid, she isn't falling for some master plan he's concocted...she's just looking at the facts, he had already proven himself in that arena. Romney clearly hadn't.


    I don't think that they, or you, are "Bimbo's" or anything of the sort. I do however believe that most of the single women vote we are talking about here going to Obama was due to a slick campaign by Obama's team, and targeted toward women between the ages of 18 to 35, single, and predisposed to vote liberal anyway. They were easily led by the promise of "free" stuff, including BC, and turned out masterfully by the Obama campaign. That doesn't mean that he BS spewed by the Obama campaign was correct, or truthful, but rather that Obama's campaign was better at targeting, and messaging....Don't conflate the two.
    What free stuff? I don't see any of this free stuff and if that's what I wanted when I voted I would have first voted for McCain way back when because his plan actually might have benefited me. Like I said, I pay for everything myself and I pay taxes that go to pay for other peoples healthcare in my state and I see none of that money, would it be nice to benefit from that as well? Sure, but this idea that everyone who voted for Obama wanted free things is harmful it's flat out wrong, it ignores the actual reasons that most people voted for Obama and it causes a further divide between the GOP and those who might vote repub. in the future.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  7. #77
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    It was 100% MOCK!

    I have not heard of any pay discrepancies in the Whitehouse. Do you have some sort of credible link to show this?
    Oh, I don't know, what do you consider a "credible link"?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #78
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, I don't know, what do you consider a "credible link"?
    come on, you know. NON PARTISAN? I did a bit of googling and saw all right wing blogs.

  9. #79
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    There is no war on women.
    Tell that to the Obama campaign....That's all we heard from Obama mouthpieces like Axlerod, was how the GOP was waging a war on women because Sandra Fluke couldn't get free contraception.

    What free stuff?
    Birth control....Contraceptives, etc.

    I don't see any of this free stuff and if that's what I wanted when I voted I would have first voted for McCain way back when because his plan actually might have benefited me. Like I said, I pay for everything myself and I pay taxes that go to pay for other peoples healthcare in my state and I see none of that money, would it be nice to benefit from that as well? Sure...
    So, you say you don't want free stuff, but then say it would be nice to get free stuff....Thanks for proving my point.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #80
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Petitioners paint Obama as ‘misogynist’ who’s ‘alienating’ women

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Tell that to the Obama campaign....That's all we heard from Obama mouthpieces like Axlerod, was how the GOP was waging a war on women because Sandra Fluke couldn't get free contraception.



    Birth control....Contraceptives, etc.



    So, you say you don't want free stuff, but then say it would be nice to get free stuff....Thanks for proving my point.
    I'm saying it would be nice to actually benefit from the money that I'm already paying for healthcare that currently goes to other people in my state. I wouldn't call that free stuff would you? Since I'm already paying for it?
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •