Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 138

Thread: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

  1. #61
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    The driver just sees a meteor starting at sometimes in minute .28 and continues driving like nothing has happened. Can anyone translate what he says in Russian?

    I hope it is not something dumb like "Meh, just a meteorite heading my way..."
    I think Russians are just less hysterical than Americans would be.

  2. #62
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,820

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    The big one missed us this afternoon. Thank Obama. It's almost like all those jobs that could've been lost but were saved. Think for a minute of all the asteroids that could hit us, but haven't, and thank Obama. We have been hit by some hemorrhoids, but they've thankfully all landed in DC.
    My uncle had asteroids once. Sumbitch could hardly walk. My aunt thought it was hilarious.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #63
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    NASA Scientist: "Holy crap did you see that? That was awesome! Did you guys see that too? Oh you totally gotta check this out!"
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #64
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    My uncle had asteroids once. Sumbitch could hardly walk. My aunt thought it was hilarious.
    He shudda called Obama. Obama's like Preparation H for the whole country and he hangs out around a lot of ass holes.

  5. #65
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,820

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    He shudda called Obama. Obama's like Preparation H for the whole country and he hangs out around a lot of ass holes.
    He has already been trying to stuff it up everyone's butt.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #66
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Didn't something like this kill the dinosaurs?

    I wonder what is next.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Wow! I just watched it on the news, and that was just INCREDIBLE! Those poor people must have been wondering what the hell was going on!

  8. #68
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Didn't something like this kill the dinosaurs? I wonder what is next.
    No, this was only 150 feet wide. The one that killed the dinosaurs was over 6 miles wide. Of course, this isn't to say that even a meteorite as small as this isn't dangerous. That city would have been completely destroyed had the meteorite survived entry and impacted.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Now this cracks me up.....all this coverage over this event and check it out.

    Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests

    Moscow. Farid Akberov – APA. Russian nationalist lawmaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky, long known for his flamboyance and outrageous remarks, said Friday that meteorite fragments had not rained down on Russia in the morning, but that the light flashes and tremors in several of the country’s regions resulted from US weapons tests, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.

    “Those aren’t meteors falling, it’s the Americans testing new weapons,” Zhirinovsky, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, told journalists several hours after the Emergencies Ministry began issuing statements on the incident, which has injured hundreds and damaged scores of buildings.

    He also said US Secretary of State John Kerry had wanted to warn Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov about the “provocation” on Monday, but couldn’t reach him.....snip~

    APA - Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests

    I can't believe this guy is a real politician.

  10. #70
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Meteorite strikes, 'around 100 injured'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Now this cracks me up.....all this coverage over this event and check it out.

    Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests

    Moscow. Farid Akberov – APA. Russian nationalist lawmaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky, long known for his flamboyance and outrageous remarks, said Friday that meteorite fragments had not rained down on Russia in the morning, but that the light flashes and tremors in several of the country’s regions resulted from US weapons tests, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.

    “Those aren’t meteors falling, it’s the Americans testing new weapons,” Zhirinovsky, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, told journalists several hours after the Emergencies Ministry began issuing statements on the incident, which has injured hundreds and damaged scores of buildings.

    He also said US Secretary of State John Kerry had wanted to warn Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov about the “provocation” on Monday, but couldn’t reach him.....snip~

    APA - Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests

    I can't believe this guy is a real politician.
    Awwww GEEEEEZ! Not THIS crap again. I thought we got rid of this idiotic stuff in the early 90's. In what way does this do any good for their country? Why would he try to make us look bad? Why start another cold war?
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •