Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 182

Thread: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job[W: 104, 181]

  1. #81
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    "....we create reality now." Someone definitely NOT a progressive, and in fact speaking for conservatives and Republicans and even a Republican administration.

    So, saying Progressives create reality is itself creating reality. Don't you love that?

  2. #82
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    I think Ocean is off gathering her evidence that Annenberg/Factcheck are not reliable sources. Either that or, per usual, I asked for evidence JUST as the person I asked had to leave. That seems to happen a lot.
    Please Danbury, don't flatter yourself. You'll get paid just the same.

    It's early here on the West Coast. Mt toast was ready.

  3. #83
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    If you are sincere about how I am, I will tell you that all is well with my family and I. I hope you and yours the same.

    I do not make up stories, however. do you really not believe what I said about my exerience in the pool?

    Of course I am sincere about how you are. Glad to know all is well.

    Do I believe your story? No. But it's no big deal.

  4. #84
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I thought insider trading, backroom deals, and legislating for personal gain was reward in itself...

    Her and the rest of them are a disgrace. You wonder why America is sinking, look to its "best and brightest"....
    To be fair it's the people in their district and state who keep sending them back.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  5. #85
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Typical Progressive. "I want"

    Danbury, Danbury.

    I can't state the facts any better than I have. Factcheck.org is owned and operated by Annenberg, one of the most biased political agenda driven organizations operating in the United States today. It ranks with, and partners with the Tides foundation, Ford Foundation, the Democracy Alliance, etc., etc.. You know this to be an absolute fact.

    Your attempt to deny this is really rather interesting.

    The fact is factcheckers are biased. How many articles have been written about this fact?

    Should I post a link to one?
    Okay, first of all, Ocean, I'm going to be very magnanimous here and suggest that, if you are going to use something as a source, you READ it first, and read it from beginning to end.

    Your "source" that you claim is "evidence" that factcheck.org and Annenberg specifically (it isn't, btw) lack credibility AND are liberally biased, specifically states, and I quote, "Not all questionable fact-checks are slanted left. Factcheck.org brands as a falsehood the Obama camp's claim that the Republican Party platform would ban abortion even in cases of rape and incest; the platform simply doesn't mention these exemptions. Yet, since it states that "the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life," is it illogical to conclude that this right would apply to unborn children conceived through rape?"

    Okay? So YOUR source to "prove" Factcheck is liberally biased and lacking in credibility actually says it is the opposite, NOT slanted left.

    Second, your article is a general COMMENTARY about fact checking. It is NOT a journalistic, researched article on Annenberg and factcheck.org which presents findings as to their being not only liberally biased but lacking in credibility and EVIDENCE to those conclusions. Your article is like me saying that, say, FOX has no credibility because it's run by Roger Ailes, a known conservative, and then putting up as a source of proof of my claim a commentary by one person who is arguing that the news media AS A WHOLE CAN have problems of credibility (and then going on to specifically state that FOX is NOT right-wing biased. I would NOT use that as a source to buttress a claim of mine saying FOX has a conservative bias.).

    Okay? So what I"m looking for from you are EXAMPLES of discredited information put out by Factcheck and Annenberg ALONG with documentation as to WHY it is not credible. Saying "George Soros" is NOT evidence of anything.

    Okay? Can you do that?

    Tip: this time, don't put up a source that directly refutes your claim. And are you now going to say your source is not a good source and is biased liberally because it says that Factcheck is NOT slanted left?

    Quite a pickle you're in. I"m sure you can get out of it by saying something like, "Oh Danbury, you are just so crazy!"

    that should do it!

  6. #86
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Complain of Ocean's: "Libs: 'I WANT evidence! I want evidence!"

    Can you believe those libs? Want, want, want? Who needs EVIDENCE when saying "Soros" over and over is enough?

    Sheesh!

  7. #87
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Please Danbury, don't flatter yourself. You'll get paid just the same.

    It's early here on the West Coast. Mt toast was ready.
    Okay. So where's the evidence that FActcheck and Annenberg are not credible?

  8. #88
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job - The Hill-


    Whiny bitch should have her entire paycheck sent to the Treasury to cover her fair share.
    you'd think that twit would be happy for all the pork and corrupt funds her husband has received due to her being the former speaker and current minority leader



  9. #89
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Ocean must be eating her toast one crumb at a time.

  10. #90
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    It's okay, Ocean.

    But people of character, while difficult, acknowledge when they are mistaken and/or wrong. Nothing wrong with that. We all are on occasion.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •