Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 182

Thread: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job[W: 104, 181]

  1. #71
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Anyway, Ocean, your thinking is wrong right from the start. You obviously don't look at the INFO being presented, the CASE being made. What you do instead is, if it's info. you don't like ,you go looking for a NAME associated with Democrats or liberals, and then, if you find it, you automatically hang your hat on that. But that is wrong-headed. Let's see if I can illustrate this for you. Probably not, but I'll try:

    "Today, mathematicians at MIT stated that 2+2=4. They found that, placing two items on a table, and then placing two more items on a table, resulted in FOUR items being on a table. This experiment was conducted using different objects, at different temperatures, and with different people placing the items on the table, and there was a 100% accuracy rate, concluding that 2+2 does in fact = 4."

    Ocean: "MIT is a liberal indoctrination factory and Paul Krugman went there, so, sorry, no dice."

    Huh?
    Last edited by Danbury; 02-16-13 at 10:00 AM.

  2. #72
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Uh huh.

    Sorry, just 'cause you say so, doesn't make it so Danbury.

    FactCheck.org | A Project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center


    Progressive Reality = We pay for the facts we require you to know.
    Okay Ocean, let's try it this way:

    Why don't you provide the EVIDENCE you have that Factcheck is not credible. And yes, feel free to start by showing the evidence you have that Annenberg is not credible. Name association is NOT evidence, btw. that is EMOTIVE, but it's not evidence. I'm recovering from an injury and can't do much, so I've got all day to hear your evidence, or wait for it, which I suspect is going to happen. Sigh.

  3. #73
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Sure you did.
    Is that the best you've got?

  4. #74
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Anyway, Ocean, your thinking is wrong right from the start. You obviously don't look at the INFO being presented, the CASE being made. What you do instead is, if it's info. you don't like ,you go looking for a NAME associated with Democrats or liberals, and then, if you find it, you automatically hang your hat on that. But that is wrong-headed. Let's see if I can illustrate this for you, probably not, but I'll try:

    "Today, mathematicians at MIT stated that 2+2=4. They found that, placing two items on a table, and then placing two more items on a table, resulted in FOUR items being on a table. This experiment was conducted using different objects, at different temperatures, and with different people placing the items on the table, and there was a 100% accuracy rate, concluding that 2+2 does in fact = 4."

    Ocean: "MIT is a liberal indoctrination factory and Paul Krugman went there, so, sorry, no dice."

    Huh?

    This will be fun. As usual, you blaze off on some curious trajectory completly unrelated to the point.

    You claim factcheck is professional because, well, you say so. It's owned and operated by one of the most liberal/progressive organizations in the United States. That's a fact. Of course, newbusters isn't owned and operated by one of the most liberal/progressive organizations in the United States, so it isn't professional.

    See how that works?

    Progressives = Creating a new reality, one website at a time.

  5. #75
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Is that the best you've got?
    No. I save that for worthy causes. How goes it 66?

  6. #76
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    This will be fun. As usual, you blaze off on some curious trajectory completly unrelated to the point.

    You claim factcheck is professional because, well, you say so. It's owned and operated by one of the most liberal/progressive organizations in the United States. That's a fact. Of course, newbusters isn't owned and operated by one of the most liberal/progressive organizations in the United States, so it isn't professional.

    See how that works?

    Progressives = Creating a new reality, one website at a time.
    Again, Ocean, credibility has nothing to do with political affiliation. You're argument is that something is not credible BECAUSE it's progressive or liberal or Democrat. That is NOT a viable argument. It is, in fact completely illogical.

    I've asked you to give me the EVIDENCE you have that shows Factcheck and Annenberg to have been discredited. Yes, you keep saying, "They're progressive"...1) that is not evidence of a lack of credibility; 2) What even makes you say they're progressive??

    I want EVIDENCE, not buzzwords and buzznames. Please provide.

  7. #77
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    No. I save that for worthy causes. How goes it 66?
    If you are sincere about how I am, I will tell you that all is well with my family and I. I hope you and yours the same.

    I do not make up stories, however. do you really not believe what I said about my exerience in the pool?

  8. #78
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post

    Progressives = Creating a new reality, one website at a time.

    "....we create reality now." Someone definitely NOT a progressive, and in fact speaking for conservatives and Republicans and even a Republican administration.

    So, saying Progressives create reality is itself creating reality. Don't you love that?

  9. #79
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    If you are sincere about how I am, I will tell you that all is well with my family and I. I hope you and yours the same.

    I do not make up stories, however. do you really not believe what I said about my exerience in the pool?

    I think Ocean is off gathering her evidence that Annenberg/Factcheck are not reliable sources. Either that or, per usual, I asked for evidence JUST as the person I asked had to leave. That seems to happen a lot.

  10. #80
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Again, Ocean, credibility has nothing to do with political affiliation. You're argument is that something is not credible BECAUSE it's progressive or liberal or Democrat. That is NOT a viable argument. It is, in fact completely illogical.

    I've asked you to give me the EVIDENCE you have that shows Factcheck and Annenberg to have been discredited. Yes, you keep saying, "They're progressive"...1) that is not evidence of a lack of credibility; 2) What even makes you say they're progressive??

    I want EVIDENCE, not buzzwords and buzznames. Please provide.

    Typical Progressive. "I want"

    Danbury, Danbury.

    I can't state the facts any better than I have. Factcheck.org is owned and operated by Annenberg, one of the most biased political agenda driven organizations operating in the United States today. It ranks with, and partners with the Tides foundation, Ford Foundation, the Democracy Alliance, etc., etc.. You know this to be an absolute fact.

    Your attempt to deny this is really rather interesting.

    The fact is factcheckers are biased. How many articles have been written about this fact?

    Should I post a link to one?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •