Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 182

Thread: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job[W: 104, 181]

  1. #61
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    I have a cute little story as well.

    I'm ready to get into the pool at my gym to do laps. I ask an older gentleman if he would mind sharing his lane because they were all full. He said, "if you voted for the right person". This was in late November. I said, "my family and friends would tell you not to get me started." That did not phase him. He told me boastfully that he retired from being a high school history teacher. He proceeded to ramble Faux News blather. He said, "What I don't like about Obama is that he has never had a real job and he wants to suck off the gov't. I informed him that he had done exactly that himself all his life and told him he was brainwashed. Everyone else in the pool started laughing.
    Did you ask him if, as a high school history teacher, he indoctrinated his students to be liberals? Lol.

  2. #62
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    You are aware factcheck.org is the brainchild of the Annenberg Public Policy Center, an operation that partners with George Soros and his Progressive Machine? Why is it not surprising your attached to it?
    Hands Ocean a drool cup.

    Those buzzwords and names make a mess, don't they, Ocean?

  3. #63
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Oh, my Lord! Really? Well then, that inherently means they cannot be a professional and reliable journalistic outfit!

    Lol.

    Sorry, Ocean, factcheck is a solid source. Besides, "I believe it because it's negative toward Nancy Pelosi" is really bad thinking and reasoning.

    It that the new Progressive reality? It's a good source because I say it is? Newsbusters is GOP so it's biased. factcheck is owned by one of the more radical progressive operations in the U.S. and it's reliable and professional.

    Sorry Danbury, no soup for you.

  4. #64
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    I bet if you cut congressional staff payroll they wont pass bills that are so lengthy and focus on problems piecemeal, as they probably should.

    Giant omnibus bills make it oh so much easier to hide pork and bad policy.
    Don't get me wrong, I do not feel that most of congress genuinely earns their pay and benefits. What I find disturbing is people like Rand Paul who thinks gov't is the problem and then does everything he can to become the problem and prove it. Never trust someone who has something desirable and tells you what they have is the problem while they do cartwheels keeping the status quo.

  5. #65
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Hands Ocean a drool cup.

    Those buzzwords and names make a mess, don't they, Ocean?
    I thought facts were your forte, now you don't like facts?

    There you go, another radical progressive recreating reality to fit the parallel universe they live in.

    Amazing to view

  6. #66
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Did you ask him if, as a high school history teacher, he indoctrinated his students to be liberals? Lol.
    I told him that and more. I told him he was incompetent to teach history because he did not know how to stick to facts.

  7. #67
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    It that the new Progressive reality? It's a good source because I say it is? Newsbusters is GOP so it's biased. factcheck is owned by one of the more radical progressive operations in the U.S. and it's reliable and professional.

    Sorry Danbury, no soup for you.
    Huh? No. It's the new Conservative reality. If you don't like the info., bash the source as being liberal, regardless of whether that source documents its information or not.

  8. #68
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    I have a cute little story as well.

    I'm ready to get into the pool at my gym to do laps. I ask an older gentleman if he would mind sharing his lane because they were all full. He said, "if you voted for the right person". This was in late November. I said, "my family and friends would tell you not to get me started." That did not phase him. He told me boastfully that he retired from being a high school history teacher. He proceeded to ramble Faux News blather. He said, "What I don't like about Obama is that he has never had a real job and he wants to suck off the gov't. I informed him that he had done exactly that himself all his life and told him he was brainwashed. Everyone else in the pool started laughing.

    Sure you did.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Perhaps they should just be paid per diem with no benefits what so ever. This was what the first couple of congress's received. No pay for doing the peoples work. The idea was to donate a couple of years, a term or two from ones normal job, do ones civic duty and then return to your job. Not make a career out of being a member of congress. Per diem only, housing can be had at Ft. McNair or other military installations in the D.C. area. Have them meet and stay in D.C. thoughout each session without being able to return home. Work a full week, Monday through Friday, not Friday being a travel day to return to ones home district and Monday the day of return and only do you job Tuesday through Thursday. I could add and add, but you get the idea.
    I think most of the peoples business could be conducted via Skype. Give each a tablet or laptop, a small office in their district, and maybe meet a few days a year when it is necessary. They would be more accessible to those who serve, costs would go down, and trying to lobby each would be a nightmare.

    I ran a business that way for 30 years. Never did have an office. everybody worked from home. Highly profitable and no travel time involved.

  10. #70
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Huh? No. It's the new Conservative reality. If you don't like the info., bash the source as being liberal, regardless of whether that source documents its information or not.
    Uh huh.

    Sorry, just 'cause you say so, doesn't make it so Danbury.

    FactCheck.org | A Project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center


    Progressive Reality = We pay for the facts we require you to know.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •