Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 182

Thread: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job[W: 104, 181]

  1. #41
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Whiny bitch should have her entire paycheck sent to the Treasury to cover her fair share.
    They all should.

    But that would also be unconstitutional. A sitting Congress cannot adjust its current pay. Until we get an amendment amending that or repealing the existing amendment, what the GOP passed is blatantly unconstitutional.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #42
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    "In addition, bright people are aware that Obama's spending is actually lower than Bush's."

    FactCheck.org : Geithnerís GDP Whopper


    "The administrationís own estimates project spending next year that is higher as a percentage of the economy than in any year since the end of World War II. The average projected by Obamaís budget officials is significantly higher than the average under Reagan or Bush (father or son)."
    Ah but the growth in spending is.

    Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

    Quite significantly too. Obama's extremely low growth in spending makes Clinton look reckless.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #43
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It would, you two are alike.
    Oh? Is it because we can read carefully?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #44
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

    Yes, I do.

    Btw, are those four stars representing foul language an example of those conservative Christian and moral values cons are always blathering on about being overly possessed of?

  5. #45
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Yes, I do.

    Btw, are those four stars representing foul language an example of those conservative Christian and moral values cons are always blathering on about being overly possessed of?

    Is it moral for someone like Pelosi, whom sat on a committee that steered stimulus to one of her husbands business interests in SF, while decrying that sort of thing? She's a liar, and if colorful language harms your delicate sensibilities, then maybe instead of making the argument personal in a debate you should stick to the subject.

    With that said, what would you say about CEO's that grant themselves huge bonuses, and extravagant pay packages while driving their company into the ground, and holding their workers pay down to do it? Oh yeah, I know, but what is the difference between Pelosi, and them?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #46
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is it moral for someone like Pelosi, whom sat on a committee that steered stimulus to one of her husbands business interests in SF, while decrying that sort of thing? She's a liar, and if colorful language harms your delicate sensibilities, then maybe instead of making the argument personal in a debate you should stick to the subject.

    With that said, what would you say about CEO's that grant themselves huge bonuses, and extravagant pay packages while driving their company into the ground, and holding their workers pay down to do it? Oh yeah, I know, but what is the difference between Pelosi, and them?
    Well, I'm going to respond, before I check out your first claim, by saying that, in all the years I've been commenting like this, I've yet to see a conservative correctly grasp what they've read and instead turn it into something they WANT to believe and something that is very bad for the Democrat. And I'm telling you, I've got a 100% accuracy rate going so far.

    Now, you're kind of all over the road, which makes responding difficult. It's kind like verbal "Whack-a-mole". Pelosi is like CEOs who give themselves huge bonuses while driving their companies into the ground??? I don't see the analogy.

    Now, just as I thought, you are not only misrepresenting something, but you are lying (probably because you simply heard something you wanted to believe was true and didn't bother checking it out for yourself) which is kind of ironic since here your comment implies that you believe lying is really bad.

    FactCheck.org : Special Favors from Nancy Pelosi?

    Now, as an example of the 100% rate of cons twisting meaning to suit their agenda and not getting it right, how do you get that I have delicate sensibilities when it comes to foul language? I didn't say anything like, "It offends ME when you speak like that." See? I was pointing out that it runs counter to the mantra from conservatives about how overflowing with moral and Christian values THEY are compared to libs.

    Get it?

    So, you're two for two here on getting it wrong. Try harder next time.

  7. #47
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Transcript of Pelosi Press Conference Today | Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi

    Leader Pelosi. Well, as you know, that's why I don't like across‑the‑board cuts because Ė you used one example, but there are many other examples where an across‑the‑board cut may not make the best sense. [B] Why should people who work on Capitol Hill pay that price and be treated as Members of Congress are? It's a hard question to ask me because most of my colleagues are the breadwinners in their families. A pay cut to me doesn't mean as much. [/B ] I mean, I don't think we should do it. I think we should respect the work we do. I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded, but [if there is] an across‑the‑board cut, there's an across‑the‑board cut, that's just the way it is.

    Mr. Van Hollen has been a leader, as Mr. Hoyer has, and others, on the impact that this will have on federal employees, including people on Capitol Hill, and I wanted to yield to him to talk about that.
    Those people who try to distort the facts deserve no respect.

  8. #48
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Well, I'm going to respond, before I check out your first claim, by saying that, in all the years I've been commenting like this, I've yet to see a conservative correctly grasp what they've read and instead turn it into something they WANT to believe and something that is very bad for the Democrat. And I'm telling you, I've got a 100% accuracy rate going so far.

    Now, you're kind of all over the road, which makes responding difficult. It's kind like verbal "Whack-a-mole". Pelosi is like CEOs who give themselves huge bonuses while driving their companies into the ground??? I don't see the analogy.

    Now, just as I thought, you are not only misrepresenting something, but you are lying (probably because you simply heard something you wanted to believe was true and didn't bother checking it out for yourself) which is kind of ironic since here your comment implies that you believe lying is really bad.

    FactCheck.org : Special Favors from Nancy Pelosi?

    Now, as an example of the 100% rate of cons twisting meaning to suit their agenda and not getting it right, how do you get that I have delicate sensibilities when it comes to foul language? I didn't say anything like, "It offends ME when you speak like that." See? I was pointing out that it runs counter to the mantra from conservatives about how overflowing with moral and Christian values THEY are compared to libs.

    Get it?

    So, you're two for two here on getting it wrong. Try harder next time.
    Relying on FactCheck.org would be like me using the GOP website to cover for any despicable utterance said by a republican congress critter. But, that aside I see that not only your self inflated view of yourself, coupled with righteous indignation, leaves your own post less about the topic at hand, and more inane drivel from the personal attack progressive than anything else.

    If you have something other than that get back to me will ya?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #49
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    and yet, I've yet to see a Republican correctly grasp anything any Democrat ever says, always twisting it into something cynical. Of course, that is willful, and usually just following orders from FOX and Limbaugh, et al.
    And they are extremely rude if you use logic, making them look foolish.

  10. #50
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    More of those conservative moral and Christian values, I guess, huh?

    Btw, doesn't that kind of humor usually end @ fifth grade?
    Danbury is my new hero

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •