Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 182

Thread: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job[W: 104, 181]

  1. #131
    Student Vapor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    150

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by gingern44 View Post
    Dignity?
    Work?

    What has Congress done to deserve six-figure salaries? I say put them all on minimum wage and see how that motivates them to get things moving. They can have a pay raise when they stop bawling and actually do some good for the whole country.

  2. #132
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    1. The context with fact checkers is what it always is, someone uses them as a source beyond reproach. I reject that approach and I showed why.

    2. You are drawing the widest possible context to defend your poor reasoning. Its not convincing.
    .
    "The context with Fact Checkers is what it always is" makes no sense. The whole point of context is to make the content of any communication coherent to THAT particular communication.

    But, since you clearly have no intent to GET the context of the conversation to which you responded, I will tell you what it was. I used factcheck.org as a source to back up something I had said. Ocean515 rejected factcheck.org as a source because it is part of the Annenberg Institute and by claiming that George Soros supports both financially, which is false.

    I tried to explain that simply saying a name, declaring it to be liberal, and using buzznames does NOT make something lacking in credit as as source, and I asked her to provide his evidence that factcheck.org and Annenberg are not reliable sources.

    Ocean then put up, as a source, a commentary about "who checks the fact checkers", a broad essay on why not all fact checkers are reliable, and in THAT article, Ocean's own source stated very clearly that "Not all fact checkers are liberal. Factcheck.org...." and went on to explain why factcheck is NOT a liberal organization (in fact, Annenberg was a big donor to Reagan).

    so the conversation you joined was specifically about Factcheck.org and specifically about IT not being liberal and THAT being shown by OCEAN'S own source (Ocean has not been seen around here, or at least around me, ever since).

    so your coming in and going off about how factcheckers are liberal, so, well, you know..(translation: because they're liberal, they're not reliable, to which I responded that I find it odd you agree that libs are fact checkers and conservatives are not, which IS what you said, and to which you went off on a bizarre hissy fit) had NOTHING to do with the context of the conversation.

    See? So context really does matter. It is very important that you know about that of which you are speaking before you speak. But then, someone who doesn't believe in fact checking probably doesn't believe that context matters either, and that does appear to be the case here.

    Now, proceed to simply reject what you just read, per usual, and continue commenting from your bubble.

  3. #133
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job[W: 104]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job - The Hill-


    Whiny bitch should have her entire paycheck sent to the Treasury to cover her fair share.
    that's funny. I sort of thought it was her abuse of the position to massively enrich herself that undercut the dignity of the job.

  4. #134
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,764

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    "The context with Fact Checkers is what it always is" makes no sense. The whole point of context is to make the content of any communication coherent to THAT particular communication.

    But, since you clearly have no intent to GET the context of the conversation to which you responded, I will tell you what it was. I used factcheck.org as a source to back up something I had said. Ocean515 rejected factcheck.org as a source because it is part of the Annenberg Institute and by claiming that George Soros supports both financially, which is false.

    I tried to explain that simply saying a name, declaring it to be liberal, and using buzznames does NOT make something lacking in credit as as source, and I asked her to provide his evidence that factcheck.org and Annenberg are not reliable sources.

    Ocean then put up, as a source, a commentary about "who checks the fact checkers", a broad essay on why not all fact checkers are reliable, and in THAT article, Ocean's own source stated very clearly that "Not all fact checkers are liberal. Factcheck.org...." and went on to explain why factcheck is NOT a liberal organization (in fact, Annenberg was a big donor to Reagan).

    so the conversation you joined was specifically about Factcheck.org and specifically about IT not being liberal and THAT being shown by OCEAN'S own source (Ocean has not been seen around here, or at least around me, ever since).

    so your coming in and going off about how factcheckers are liberal, so, well, you know..(translation: because they're liberal, they're not reliable, to which I responded that I find it odd you agree that libs are fact checkers and conservatives are not, which IS what you said, and to which you went off on a bizarre hissy fit) had NOTHING to do with the context of the conversation.

    See? So context really does matter. It is very important that you know about that of which you are speaking before you speak. But then, someone who doesn't believe in fact checking probably doesn't believe that context matters either, and that does appear to be the case here.

    Now, proceed to simply reject what you just read, per usual, and continue commenting from your bubble.
    LOL so the context was exactly what I said it was, someone used a fact check site as being beyond reproach as a source. Which I debunked--with factcheck.org being the specific target in at least one of those articles. Im sure you have some nuanced word game that says the context isnt what it is.

    Let me know when you can tell the difference between MOST and all, which per bolded, you can't. Do you always have to distort posts to make your point or can you read just whats there? How many more tangental arguments are you going to shoot down that I didnt make?

  5. #135
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    LOL so the context was exactly what I said it was, someone used a fact check site as being beyond reproach as a source. Which I debunked--with factcheck.org being the specific target in at least one of those articles. Im sure you have some nuanced word game that says the context isnt what it is.

    Let me know when you can tell the difference between MOST and all, which per bolded, you can't. Do you always have to distort posts to make your point or can you read just whats there? How many more tangental arguments are you going to shoot down that I didnt make?
    Like I said, ignore what I wrote and continue broadcasting from your bubble.

    Good job.

  6. #136
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,764

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Like I said, ignore what I wrote and continue broadcasting from your bubble.

    Good job.
    Im sorry I refuted you so successfully that you have fallen back on illogical baiting. Dont bring something to the table if you arent ready to defend it more capably than that.

  7. #137
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,482

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    I like Warren Buffet's idea a few years back. Any time a sitting Congress fails to balance the budget, immediately every seat is up for election and no incumbent can run.

  8. #138
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Im sorry I refuted you so successfully that you have fallen back on illogical baiting. Dont bring something to the table if you arent ready to defend it more capably than that.

    Yes. Very good. (Pats OC on head through one of those arm thingies one uses to touch people who live in bubbles).

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    See, I told you that I was brighter than you and your'e no Democrat.

    My Grandfather was a Democrat, and he disassociated from the party when they got hijacked by the likes of HOJ.

    Your'e just a partisan highly uninformed individual who's been co-opted into the progressives disaster.

    he thought, being a WWII vet that the modern day Democrat party was a disgusting joke.

    How you guys only care about soldiers lives when a Republicans in office , or when Stephanopolis quit counting dead soldiers when Obama was elected.

    How you only care about shooting victims when they're white children and you can use their death to gain points on a old liberal argument.

    How many kids have been gunned down in Chicago this year ? Last year ?

    How all of the anti-war protest dried up, or that any grown person could be so stupid as to blame Bush for our current disaster when Clinton gave HUD regulatory power to force the GSEs into buying massive toxic debt and when Clinton in 1995 under EXECUTIVE ORDER forced banks to comply with CRA regulations by loaning to people with poor credit.

    No, the massive "depression" is made and mandated by Clintons actions which included allowing for those toxic loans to be securitized in the first place.

    You libs whine about regulations and banking that caused it. Well your'e partly correct. Regulations under HUD and CRA not only caused it, they mandated it.

    Oh and your'e including TARP in Bush's spending ? Obama voted for that and hey, he "leveled off " spending...


    THATS hillarious. 900 billion last quarter alone. Thats like saying I leveled off shoiting bullets into the home intruder at ...90000 bullets.

    He was probably dead after the first 3 or 4.

    It looks like your'e trying to say a Keynesian approach is needed to repair the collapse of the Democrat mandated bubble? You actually believe that borrowing and taking money out of the private sector to put back into the private sector is going to turn the economy around ?

    And at the same time threatening more regulations, higher taxes on producers and then unleashing ObamaCare on companies with more than 50 employees ?

    Not to ention the sur taxes in ObamaCare. You think thats how you grow a private sector economy ?

    This isn't Keynesian, its desperation. Keynes never argued for massive structural debt with no economic growth. You guys have corrupted Keynes theories.

    Youv'e actually bought into the manufactured "eat the rich " lie ? How unfortunate.

    You see Obama's approach has people with real wealth holding onto their cash, instead of pushing it out into the market. They figure only an idiot would invest in Obama's economy and they're right.

    I mean you actually publicly claimed Obama has spent less than Bush...LOL !!

    Do you realize banks are holding onto massive reserves ? Yup. And since 2008 they're getting paid interest on those reserves by the FED. Thats money they by law HAVE to have on hand.
    The author of this rant considers himself bright? Go figure.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I'm Checking with the AKC. They'll know.
    Is that where you met your wife?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •