Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 182

Thread: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job[W: 104, 181]

  1. #111
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job[W: 104]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    They all should.

    But that would also be unconstitutional. A sitting Congress cannot adjust its current pay. Until we get an amendment amending that or repealing the existing amendment, what the GOP passed is blatantly unconstitutional.
    I know.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #112
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    They all should.

    But that would also be unconstitutional. A sitting Congress cannot adjust its current pay. Until we get an amendment amending that or repealing the existing amendment, what the GOP passed is blatantly unconstitutional.
    A great point. Yet the GOP will whine about an executive order in a heartbeat. They wonder why they are going down in flames.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #113
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post

    Try to follow the context of the conversation.

    And yes, the new conservative "the fact checkers are wrong" meme goes right along with their "We create reality now."

    I have acknowledged that, for conservatives, the criterion for something being true is if they like and/or agree with it. If they don't, it's false. Nice and simple.

    We in the reality based community will continue to sort out truth from fiction via traditional means: documentation, logic, evidence....I know, soooooooooo quaint!

  4. #114
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,782

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Try to follow the context of the conversation.

    And yes, the new conservative "the fact checkers are wrong" meme goes right along with their "We create reality now."

    I have acknowledged that, for conservatives, the criterion for something being true is if they like and/or agree with it. If they don't, it's false. Nice and simple.

    We in the reality based community will continue to sort out truth from fiction via traditional means: documentation, logic, evidence....I know, soooooooooo quaint!
    So arrogant. Confirmation bias is just as prevailent with fact checkers as it is with anyone else. Since most fact checkers are liberal, well, you know.

    Dismissal of that many examples of fact checking gone awry and this is your response? I dont think the reality based community is in your wheelhouse.

  5. #115
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    So arrogant. Confirmation bias is just as prevailent with fact checkers as it is with anyone else. Since most fact checkers are liberal, well, you know.

    Dismissal of that many examples of fact checking gone awry and this is your response? I dont think the reality based community is in your wheelhouse.
    What's arrogant? You got the context of the conversation wrong. Any interest in getting it right?

    And are you in fact admitting that conservatives have no interest in fact checking? I happen to agree, but I'm surprised to hear a conservative admit that "fact-checking is a liberal thing." Wow.

  6. #116
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,782

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    What's arrogant? You got the context of the conversation wrong. Any interest in getting it right?
    And are you in fact admitting that conservatives have no interest in fact checking? I happen to agree, but I'm surprised to hear a conservative admit that "fact-checking is a liberal thing." Wow.
    Did I say conservatives have no interest in fact checking? **** no.
    Did I say fact checking is a liberal thing? **** no.

    No, journalism is a liberal thing. What are most fact checkers? Journalists.

    Stop tossing up arguments no one is making.

    FYI bolded is pretty ****ing arrogant.

  7. #117
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Did I say conservatives have no interest in fact checking? **** no.
    Did I say fact checking is a liberal thing? **** no.

    No, journalism is a liberal thing. What are most fact checkers? Journalists.

    Stop tossing up arguments no one is making.

    FYI bolded is pretty ****ing arrogant.
    Yes, how crazy of me to interpret this "Since most fact checkers are liberal, well, you know" as your saying fact checking is a liberal thing!

    Wow.

    Also impressed with your admission that journalism is liberal and that conservatives are not interested in journalism. I believe that IS reflected in right-wing media.

    You sound like a charming guy, btw. Grown men who use the "F" word in every sentence is really classy and a huge turn-on. (sarcasm). Must be those conservative Christian and moral values we hear about so often.

  8. #118
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,782

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Yes, how crazy of me to interpret this "Since most fact checkers are liberal, well, you know" as your saying fact checking is a liberal thing!

    Wow.

    Also impressed with your admission that journalism is liberal and that conservatives are not interested in journalism. I believe that IS reflected in right-wing media.

    You sound like a charming guy, btw. Grown men who use the "F" word in every sentence is really classy and a huge turn-on. (sarcasm). Must be those conservative Christian and moral values we hear about so often.
    Journalists as a group vote overwhelmingly left and lean overwhelmingly liberal. There ARE right leaning journalists, there are just far fewer of them. But you know that. Again with an argument I did not make. Try again and read the post this time.

    Second part: more or less a personal attack. Stop baiting, you dont get any points for cutesy bs. BTW, Im more or less a fiscal conservative, most of the social issues dont concern me as much, so play your little game with someone else, I wont be conforming to your idiotic viewpoint of what a conservative should be.

  9. #119
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Journalists as a group vote overwhelmingly left and lean overwhelmingly liberal. There ARE right leaning journalists, there are just far fewer of them. But you know that. Again with an argument I did not make. Try again and read the post this time.

    Second part: more or less a personal attack. Stop baiting, you dont get any points for cutesy bs. BTW, Im more or less a fiscal conservative, most of the social issues dont concern me as much, so play your little game with someone else, I wont be conforming to your idiotic viewpoint of what a conservative should be.
    Sorry, but you are responsible for your words, and when YOU say fact-checking is done by liberals, so you know, that IS saying that fact checking is not a reliable science because it's a liberal thing. And your thinking is wrong anyway. Just because journalists are "overwhelmingly left" does NOT mean they are not professional and do their jobs correctly. That is your implication. MOst people lean one way or another. Are you saying they can't do their jobs right because of that? are you saying YOU can't do your job professionally because of your political persuasions??? That IS actually what you're saying. You are seeing things in a vacuum and with the usual conservative wrongheaded thinking that "if it's left, THAT makes it wrong."

    As for your whine about a personal attack, commenting on how YOU post is a personal attack? As opposed to "...your idiotic viewpoint" and using "****ing" before every adverb or adjective????

    There's that "It's different when I/we" do it thing again. THAT is arrogance, OC.

  10. #120
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,782

    Re: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Sorry, but you are responsible for your words, and when YOU say fact-checking is done by liberals, so you know, that IS saying that fact checking is not a reliable science because it's a liberal thing. And your thinking is wrong anyway. Just because journalists are "overwhelmingly left" does NOT mean they are not professional and do their jobs correctly. That is your implication. MOst people lean one way or another. Are you saying they can't do their jobs right because of that? are you saying YOU can't do your job professionally because of your political persuasions??? That IS actually what you're saying. You are seeing things in a vacuum and with the usual conservative wrongheaded thinking that "if it's left, THAT makes it wrong."

    As for your whine about a personal attack, commenting on how YOU post is a personal attack? As opposed to "...your idiotic viewpoint" and using "****ing" before every adverb or adjective????

    There's that "It's different when I/we" do it thing again. THAT is arrogance, OC.
    Your problem is you cannot read.

    So arrogant. Confirmation bias is just as prevailent with fact checkers as it is with anyone else. Since most fact checkers are liberal, well, you know.
    I placed the word MOST there for a reason. But you take it out and ascribe it to ALL. Lord, I know you are new here but did the board you were at before let such lazy, asinine bull**** fly?

    Your other problem is that you are taking posts and ascribing it to ME personally and equating it to my values, which you know nothing about.

    reminder:
    You sound like a charming guy, btw. Grown men who use the "F" word in every sentence is really classy and a huge turn-on. (sarcasm). Must be those conservative Christian and moral values we hear about so often.
    Call it a personal attack or call it baiting, its more or less a cheap shot.

    Learn to read and learn how to debate the posts and not take cheap shots and we can have civil conversations. Continue to do stupid crap and you can expect to be treated like crap because you are earning exactly that.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •