Page 95 of 147 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1467

Thread: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

  1. #941
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by gingern44 View Post
    150,000 jobs per month and we're pumping 85 billion into the system per month, by my calculations that's $566,666.66 per job. And of course that's on top of the $5Tr already spent.

    One step forward, two steps back. OK maybe three steps back.
    When we stop pumping dough into the longest war in American history that will be an expense of $613385584648 we can wipe offa the books.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #942
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    When we stop pumping dough into the longest war in American history that will be an expense of $613385584648 we can wipe offa the books.
    The longest war in history is still going on and Obama could have ended it in 2009 but extended it including adding supplemental funding for the surge. The Iraq War ended due to a Status of Forces Agreement negotiated in 2008 under the Bush Administration. Your 613 billion dollar number is a drop in the bucket with the 16.5 trillion dollar debt. Keep drinking the liberal kook-aid

  3. #943
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The longest war in history is still going on and Obama could have ended it in 2009 but extended it including adding supplemental funding for the surge. The Iraq War ended due to a Status of Forces Agreement negotiated in 2008 under the Bush Administration. Your 613 billion dollar number is a drop in the bucket with the 16.5 trillion dollar debt. Keep drinking the liberal kook-aid
    How much of that debt is Obama to blame for?

  4. #944
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    How much of that debt is Obama to blame for?
    What ever he spent since taking office on January 21, 2009, almost 6 trillion dollars.

  5. #945
    Educator Adagio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    3

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about and have no concept of debt or deficits. It is tough dealing with kids so brainwashed that they cannot admit when wrong. The money that was spent off budget is still part of the deficit for the year it occurred and always have been. You really need to do better research and stop buying what Obama and his surrogates tell you.

    Further you really need to straighten out the bank account of the United States because that doesn't show a surplus. It was a projected surplus that the CBO projected based upon assumptions, assumptions that ignored the Clinton recession and of course had no idea we would have 9/11 which the GAO says cost over a trillion dollars.

    Obama retroactively did nothing to the debt which again shows you have no idea what you are talking about which makes you a typical Obama supporter.

    The money that was spent off budget is still part of the deficit for the year it occurred and always have been.
    Of course it was. However you didn't know that, and all the subsequent projected budgets never took that into account until $4 Trillion was added to the deficit when Obama took office. Surprise! Enter the outrage. What would you say of Obama simply removed $4 Trillion from our deficit by taking all that crap off the books and pretended that it didn't exist and all our new budgets didn't reflect that spending? I suspect you'd be breaking out the pitchforks and ropes and marching on the White House.
    Extremism: A threat at home, a threat abroad.

  6. #946
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What ever he spent since taking office on January 21, 2009, almost 6 trillion dollars.
    And who is to blame for the remaining ten and half?

  7. #947
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Total Cost of Wars Since 2001



    Cost of War to the United States | COSTOFWAR.COM
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #948
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Adagio View Post
    Of course it was. However you didn't know that, and all the subsequent projected budgets never took that into account until $4 Trillion was added to the deficit when Obama took office. Surprise! Enter the outrage. What would you say of Obama simply removed $4 Trillion from our deficit by taking all that crap off the books and pretended that it didn't exist and all our new budgets didn't reflect that spending? I suspect you'd be breaking out the pitchforks and ropes and marching on the White House.
    You simply cannot admit that you are wrong and simply have no idea how the budget process works. Obama did no such thing as to add Bush deficits to the debt. None of the deficit Obama has generated and added to the debt came from anything Bush did but you are too brainwashed to realize that. This has to be an act for no one can be this naive, gullible, and poorly informed as you act.

    Please take your issue up with the Treasury Dept as they disagree with your contention.

  9. #949
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The longest war in history is still going on and Obama could have ended it in 2009 but extended it including adding supplemental funding for the surge. The Iraq War ended due to a Status of Forces Agreement negotiated in 2008 under the Bush Administration. Your 613 billion dollar number is a drop in the bucket with the 16.5 trillion dollar debt. Keep drinking the liberal kook-aid
    To paraphrase(adjusted for inflation) one of the last REAL Republicans, Everett Dirksen,not these phonies that hijacked the party. $613 billion here, $613 billion there, pretty soon were talking about real money.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #950
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    And who is to blame for the remaining ten and half?
    All previous Presidents since Carter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •