Page 81 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1467

Thread: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

  1. #801
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,810

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Oh look at that... Forbes refutes you and all other republicans that bark that nonsense.

    Btw your author appears totally non partisan:
    Rick Ungar, Contributor

    Writing from the left on politics and policy.
    Stop sourcing bull****.

  2. #802
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Who cares the Forbes article pointed right back to Marketwatch? The original data was deeply flawed, who calls it true doesnt matter, because it isn't. My original comment stands:
    You slam my sources... INCLUDING forbes and marketwatch yet offer nothing in return and expect readers to believe you as a more viable source than my links? Ain't it easy being the stone thrower instead of having to prove anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #803
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,810

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Aren't you just in the source slamming mood tonight...

    US President Barack Obama is the target of more than 30 potential death threats a day and is being protected by an increasingly over-stretched and under-resourced Secret Service, according to a new book.
    You know what the problem with your sourcing is?
    The Secret Service does not reveal the amount of threats on the President. Again, stop sourcing bullcrap.

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You're quick. So quick in fact that you missed that I edited and changed the link to a Forbes story. Just because I new someone would complain about politifact.
    Look at the numbers for Chrissakes. Its simple hocus-pocus for the low-information voter.

  5. #805
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    You know what the problem with your sourcing is?
    The Secret Service does not reveal the amount of threats on the President. Again, stop sourcing bullcrap.
    Everyone's lying right?

    You refuted politifact as a source saying it's bias... didn't provide **** to prove it.
    You refuted Forbes as a source saying the story was bias... didn't provide a source to prove it.
    You refuted the book written about death threats on Obama by implying that it's all lies... and you didn't provide **** to prove it.

    You are simply trying to take an easy angle of whining and bringing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #806
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,810

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You slam my sources... INCLUDING forbes and marketwatch yet offer nothing in return and expect readers to believe you as a more viable source than my links? Ain't it easy being the stone thrower instead of having to prove anything?
    CAN YOU NOT READ?!?
    To get the results to come out that way you have to: ignore the fact that Obama signed the 2009 budget resolution--not Bush, ignore TARP spending but COUNT TARP repays, ignore the Stimulus, and push all military spending resolutions into 2009 rather than the ongoing that were passed after Obama enterered office.
    Let me know if you can refute that. Or you can go back to the original marketwatch thread on this site, as I remember there were about 3 of them. I pointed out what data was cherry picked and in what way, in which your response was to change your source? Refute what Im saying and I can have a conversation with you, but if you keep tossing out nonsense that I have already shown you that you have to warp figures to get the results you want...we dont have much to talk about.

  7. #807
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Look at the numbers for Chrissakes. Its simple hocus-pocus for the low-information voter.
    Do any of you guys care to prove anything you say or do you all just expect to take your word for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #808
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,810

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Everyone's lying right?

    You refuted politifact as a source saying it's bias... didn't provide **** to prove it.
    You refuted Forbes as a source saying the story was bias... didn't provide a source to prove it.
    You refuted the book written about death threats on Obama by implying that it's all lies... and you didn't provide **** to prove it.

    You are simply trying to take an easy angle of whining and bringing nothing.
    Once again...the Secret Service does not release threat numbers in any capacity. Im not sure what you dont understand about that.

    I gave you the exact methods that Marketwatch came about its data. Im not sure what you dont understand about that.

    Im bringing facts, you are bringing gossip journalism to sell a book and biased sources that are using data to provide political cover, not uncover whats going on.

  9. #809
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    CAN YOU NOT READ?!?


    Let me know if you can refute that. Or you can go back to the original marketwatch thread on this site, as I remember there were about 3 of them. I pointed out what data was cherry picked and in what way, in which your response was to change your source? Refute what Im saying and I can have a conversation with you, but if you keep tossing out nonsense that I have already shown you that you have to warp figures to get the results you want...we dont have much to talk about.

    The Weekly Standard: Obama Vs. Bush On Debt

    In fairness, however, Obama can't rightly be held accountable for the 2009 budget, which he didn't sign...

    Interesting... coming from the Weekly Standard. Refute that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #810
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Once again...the Secret Service does not release threat numbers in any capacity. Im not sure what you dont understand about that.

    I gave you the exact methods that Marketwatch came about its data. Im not sure what you dont understand about that.

    Im bringing facts, you are bringing gossip journalism to sell a book and biased sources that are using data to provide political cover, not uncover whats going on.
    You're bringing unsourced bullcrap and depending on people to believe whatever the hell you type. I however, bring sources. Clever. That way you can throw stones while NOT living in your glass house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •