Page 75 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1467

Thread: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

  1. #741
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Like most conservatives I have been called a lot of names so let me put those names into perspective

    WHAT DID YOU CALL ME? - Middletown Forum

  2. #742
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Oceandan View Post
    LOL You forgot the best one..... "fair share".
    always thought
    love it or leave it
    was catchy
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #743
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Oceandan View Post
    LOL You forgot the best one..... "fair share".
    I did. I'm still on my first cup of coffee and I'm trying to bend the cost curve all at the same time. In a few minutes, I'm going to pivot and focus on a shower like a laser.

  4. #744
    Student BigRedChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my mind
    Last Seen
    07-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    200

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Its a job killer put forth by a job killer.

    Raising minimum wage with ObamaCare kicking in.

    Its like Obama's purposely going after the middle class.
    Are we the taxpayers subsidizing the companies that have workers working for minimum wage? Since they pay the least amount legally possible, don't the taxpayers end up paying for medicaid, food stamps etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The constitution says corporations have some of the same rights as "persons".

  5. #745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
    Are we the taxpayers subsidizing the companies that have workers working for minimum wage? Since they pay the least amount legally possible, don't the taxpayers end up paying for medicaid, food stamps etc?
    Which only illustrates further that medicaid and food stamps are also a part of the problem.

  6. #746
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
    Are we the taxpayers subsidizing the companies that have workers working for minimum wage? Since they pay the least amount legally possible, don't the taxpayers end up paying for medicaid, food stamps etc?
    Dang...you're correct. Now where has the President claimed or proposed that we reduce 'investment' in 'medicaid, food stamps etc' after increasing the MW?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  7. #747
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,348

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I did. I'm still on my first cup of coffee and I'm trying to bend the cost curve all at the same time. In a few minutes, I'm going to pivot and focus on a shower like a laser.
    Great goal! All you need to remember is that we will require periodic updates on the difficulties you're having with Republicans in Congress that are preventing you from accomplishing your goal of getting that shower taken.

  8. #748
    Student BigRedChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my mind
    Last Seen
    07-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    200

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Dang...you're correct. Now where has the President claimed or proposed that we reduce 'investment' in 'medicaid, food stamps etc' after increasing the MW?
    I'm all for a time limit or amount of money that one person can receive money from the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The constitution says corporations have some of the same rights as "persons".

  9. #749
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
    Are we the taxpayers subsidizing the
    companies that have workers working for minimum wage? Since they pay the least amount legally possible, don't the taxpayers end up paying for medicaid, food stamps etc?
    Subsidizing ? You mean by being consumers ?

    Companies and corporations DON'T pay tax's, they simply distribute the tax's from the consumer to the Govt.

    Try not to get tied up in the corrupt philosophy from the left that would have you believe that Corporations dont pass on their tax burden to the consumers. They do.

    So a tax increase on the Mean Ole' Corporations is actually a tax on the middle class as they raise their prices or lay off workers or all of the above and relocate.

  10. #750
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Great goal! All you need to remember is that we will require periodic updates on the difficulties you're having with Republicans in Congress that are preventing you from accomplishing your goal of getting that shower taken.
    Well, they're already at it. Republican dogs in the back yard are barking at apparently democrat birds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •