Page 65 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1467

Thread: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

  1. #641
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So which govt agency or law required you to pay higher than the minimum wage? You didn't need the govt. to tell you what to pay your employees, why? Are you that much smarter than all other business owners? Thanks for showing that we don't need the govt. to set wages for private industry as good businesses hire good employees whereas bad businesses fail. Such is life
    many business owners are not very enlightened
    they will want to pay as little as they can in the false belief that will enhance their profitability
    hope that answers your question why the need for a wage floor

    it has come up earlier in the thread that places like sweden, norway and denmark do not have a national minimum wage ... what was not explained is that is only because the labor unions negotiate those wages by industry. inserted this to preempt your trying to cite their failure to establish a wage floor as evidence your position is sound. it is not
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #642
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    You were the one who made the comment "during the Clinton years there was no surplus" which for most indicates no change in the current accounts. Most will admit that the national debt did increase but that the national deficit on annual budgets disappeared and that there was a 'surplus' in federal revenues. After all, that was the primary excuse for the 2001 Bush tax cuts - "the government is taking your money and doesn't need it"


    Raving about a steadily decreasing deficit and the growth in the national debt with incurred service increases, most of it due to policies supported and instituted by Republicans, while supporting economic beliefs that have been shown to be failures time and time again is typical 'conservatism' that appeals to the poorly informed.
    Here we go again, the U.S. Treasury is the bank account of the U.S. and that Dept did not show a Clinton surplus. Better give them a call and ask for the record to be corrected. Before doing that learn the components of the deficit and debt. Get back to me when you have it figured out.

  3. #643
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    many business owners are not very enlightened
    they will want to pay as little as they can in the false belief that will enhance their profitability
    hope that answers your question why the need for a wage floor

    it has come up earlier in the thread that places like sweden, norway and denmark do not have a national minimum wage ... what was not explained is that is only because the labor unions negotiate those wages by industry. inserted this to preempt your trying to cite their failure to establish a wage floor as evidence your position is sound. it is not
    Then those businesses will fail as they should. The govt. will just step aside and wait for the next business to open up to tax. It does seem that liberal arrogance pervails in that liberals believe they have all the answers. You didn't pay minimum wage thus apparently think you are smarter than others. Businesses that fail to keep up with competition will continue to fail and those employees making the new minimum wage will have to find their work someplace else.

    It isn't the government's place to dictate to you or anyone else what to pay their employees. Nor is it your place to define a liveable wage. Still waiting for you to answer the question that other liberals won't, how many people are making minimum wage, who are they, and how long do they make that wage?

  4. #644
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then those businesses will fail as they should. The govt. will just step aside and wait for the next business to open up to tax. It does seem that liberal arrogance pervails in that liberals believe they have all the answers. You didn't pay minimum wage thus apparently think you are smarter than others. Businesses that fail to keep up with competition will continue to fail and those employees making the new minimum wage will have to find their work someplace else.

    It isn't the government's place to dictate to you or anyone else what to pay their employees. Nor is it your place to define a liveable wage. Still waiting for you to answer the question that other liberals won't, how many people are making minimum wage, who are they, and how long do they make that wage?
    the government establishes a wage floor to protect the employees until the business fails
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #645
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have and continue to do my homework, why won't you?

    Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

    Line items in the budget and amount spent vs preceeding years. Obama claimed 2.5 trillion in cuts. Where are they?
    Good job on looking at the wrong document to find itemized changes. That is why I linked to one that actually has them. No why don't you go look at the nice chart provided so you do not have to ask dumb questions.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #646
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the government establishes a wage floor to protect the employees until the business fails
    Govt involvement causes more businesses to fail. The market place will and should create the floor, not the govt. You didn't pay minimum wage, I never paid minimum wage and yet you have not answered how many are making minimum wage. This is the typical liberal argument where you and others think with their heart instead of their brain.

  7. #647
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Good job on looking at the wrong document to find itemized changes. That is why I linked to one that actually has them. No why don't you go look at the nice chart provided so you do not have to ask dumb questions.
    I linked to the budget of the United States obviously not a site that you are familiar with. I am still waiting for an itemized list of the 2.5 trillion in cuts Obama says he has initiated. Seems that the budget of the United States is foreign to people like you as is the debt and deficits which they report and taxpayers pay debt service on.

    One of these days you and all other liberals are going to wake up and wonder what the hell happened. Imagine debt service and normal interest rates on a 16.5 trillion dollar debt? Debt service is the fourth largest budget item so tell me what benefit that provides to the American people?

  8. #648
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    many business owners are not very enlightened
    they will want to pay as little as they can in the false belief that will enhance their profitability
    hope that answers your question why the need for a wage floor

    it has come up earlier in the thread that places like sweden, norway and denmark do not have a national minimum wage ... what was not explained is that is only because the labor unions negotiate those wages by industry. inserted this to preempt your trying to cite their failure to establish a wage floor as evidence your position is sound. it is not
    You have never had to deal with banks and credit lines I can tell....

  9. #649
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    You have never had to deal with banks and credit lines I can tell....
    as is typical, you are again found to be wrong
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #650
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the government establishes a wage floor to protect the employees until the business fails
    chicken or the egg?....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •