Page 64 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1467

Thread: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

  1. #631
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i have. many, actually
    and i do. it's good business to hire the smartest employees you can afford

    Obama wants you to hire over sex and race... not whos best...get with the Obama...

    and let me guess..business has never been better then under Obama....right?

  2. #632
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    you have to invest

    If as you state you ran a 1200 person business it is a miracle you stayed in business any experienced business owner knows you have to invest to promote growth, your party has done every thing it can to try to derail any thing that OUR president has proposed. If the democratic party had used the same tactics on Presidents Reagan and Bush our debt would not be any where near what it is. Your party created this mess and now know if President Obama can pull us out of it your party will become part of history, ancient history nothing more than a footnote in a history book.
    Oh Pulleeeeze.... you obviously have no idea.... the banks will only let you invest if you can keep within you banking covenent..

    Obama is spending us over the ledge so we can become more dependent on Goverment...

    who ya fooling?....really...

  3. #633
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    It seems you have a problem with the truth and believe you can just spout off without a credible source, I am not a tea bagger who believes any BS that is printed. The federal government does not have a thing to do with state and local taxes does it. If you have a problem with my source address it. You have no idea of what my business background is.
    I know you have no business background...

    "tea bagger".....classy....what ever you sell I dont need

  4. #634
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    you have to invest

    If as you state you ran a 1200 person business it is a miracle you stayed in business any experienced business owner knows you have to invest to promote growth, your party has done every thing it can to try to derail any thing that OUR president has proposed. If the democratic party had used the same tactics on Presidents Reagan and Bush our debt would not be any where near what it is. Your party created this mess and now know if President Obama can pull us out of it your party will become part of history, ancient history nothing more than a footnote in a history book.
    Obama's use of invest = taxing more...

    are you taxing your cleintel more?

  5. #635
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There was no multiplier effect with Obama's Stimulus and there was no "Infrastructure Spending" really associated with it, despite Obama's promises. It's a myth. Government is recycling resources. Taking from the left hand to pay the right hand. No new wealth is being created. His stimulus had a multiplier effect of 1. If it created wealth it wouldn't have added it's entire cost and more to the deficit. Seriously, you really need to quit now before further embarrassment. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.





    I already explained it to you in the previous post. It can already be seen in the current labor market. There are 8 million less people working now then when Obama took office. They left the Labor Market. The Labor Force Participation rate has shrunk dramatically within 4 years. Hence more competition for the fewer and fewer jobs available. Employers are able to be more picky with who they hire, hence why we have so many people that are also underemployed. This causes the most unskilled workers to be crowded out of the Labor Market (Youth/Minorities). If you increase worker costs even more on employers through Government intervention by raising the minimum wage, employers are only going to cut costs and raise prices on their goods and services. That means layoffs. A centrally planned Government can't legislate how business will react to their demands. Look this is basic economics. It's not my problem you are unable to grasp it.
    Hhmm…
    There was no multiplier effect with Obama's Stimulus and there was no "Infrastructure Spending" really associated with it, despite Obama's promises”
    eh?

    Tell that to the 1.45 million people who are working as a direct result of the $80 billion auto bailout.

    But of course you knew that, when you attempted to deflect to the “non-partisan stimulus “rather than addressing the economic advantages of the multiplier effects of increasing minimum wages 25%.

    That's understandable in a somewhat draconian way when you realize that the only way republicans (The party who is against economically struggling Americans) can get elected,on a national level in the 21st century is with lies and voter suppression.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #636
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i have. many, actually
    and i do. it's good business to hire the smartest employees you can afford
    So which govt agency or law required you to pay higher than the minimum wage? You didn't need the govt. to tell you what to pay your employees, why? Are you that much smarter than all other business owners? Thanks for showing that we don't need the govt. to set wages for private industry as good businesses hire good employees whereas bad businesses fail. Such is life

  7. #637
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    Hhmm… eh?


    Tell that to the 1.45 million people who are working as a direct result of the $80 billion auto bailout.

    But of course you knew that, when you attempted to deflect to the “non-partisan stimulus “rather than addressing the economic advantages of the multiplier effects of increasing minimum wages 25%.

    That's understandable in a somewhat draconian way when you realize that the only way republicans (The party who is against economically struggling Americans) can get elected,on a national level in the 21st century is with lies and voter suppression.
    How exactly did you quantify that ? 1.45 million ?

  8. #638
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I have and continue to do my homework, why won't you?

    Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

    Line items in the budget and amount spent vs preceeding years. Obama claimed 2.5 trillion in cuts. Where are they?

  9. #639
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    It seems you have a problem with the truth and believe you can just spout off without a credible source, I am not a tea bagger who believes any BS that is printed. The federal government does not have a thing to do with state and local taxes does it. If you have a problem with my source address it. You have no idea of what my business background is.
    You claimed that oil company taxes were 13 cents and didn't signify what taxes that included. Federal excise taxes today are more than 13 cents. You further show what business background you have when you cannot determine expenses from revenue thus have no idea what profits are.

  10. #640
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    you have to invest

    If as you state you ran a 1200 person business it is a miracle you stayed in business any experienced business owner knows you have to invest to promote growth, your party has done every thing it can to try to derail any thing that OUR president has proposed. If the democratic party had used the same tactics on Presidents Reagan and Bush our debt would not be any where near what it is. Your party created this mess and now know if President Obama can pull us out of it your party will become part of history, ancient history nothing more than a footnote in a history book.
    Budgets are yearly, deficits are yearly, Obama has had four years of trillion dollar deficits. Neither Reagan, GWH Bush or GW Bush forced Obama to spend over a trillion dollars a year more than revenue generated. With people like you supporting this kind of fiscal irresponsibility of Obama's this country will become part of history. You have no concept of debt, fiscal responsibility, debt service, or the U.S. Budget. You show that with every post. Now run away as usual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •