Page 40 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1467

Thread: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

  1. #391
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama's budgets didn't get one Democratic vote. What does that tell you? He claims he has cut spending and yet you say they had "too much spending" in those budgets. Which is it?
    There no votes on some of Obamas budgets because they were shelved or pidgeonholed by the speaker of the house.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    What ruplicans want is to cut social programs, gut social sucurity, Medicare and Medicaid. What republicans want is for surrender everything they stand for. Obamas may be the president, but all legeslative initiatives of real significance start in congress
    Right out of the liberal playbook and wrong. Prove that Republicans want to gut SS, Medicare, and Medicaid. It does appear that Obama has certainly an uninformed supporter in you. I suggest a basic history course and find out what built this great country and I assure you it wasn't massive expansion of entitlemen programs and govt. dependence which is at a record high under Obama. Our Founders never supported a massive central govt and Europe has shown that the entitlement state will be buried under its own weight.

    I am waiting for the economic policies that Obama has proposed that would have helped the private sector and improved the economy?

  3. #393
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    There no votes on some of Obamas budgets because they were shelved or pidgeonholed by the speaker of the house.
    Wrong, Obama budgets were never shelved by the House and no budget can be filibustered. Better stop believing what you are reading from the left and get the actual facts

  4. #394
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right out of the liberal playbook and wrong. Prove that Republicans want to gut SS, Medicare, and Medicaid. It does appear that Obama has certainly an uninformed supporter in you. I suggest a basic history course and find out what built this great country and I assure you it wasn't massive expansion of entitlemen programs and govt. dependence which is at a record high under Obama. Our Founders never supported a massive central govt and Europe has shown that the entitlement state will be buried under its own weight.

    I am waiting for the economic policies that Obama has proposed that would have helped the private sector and improved the economy?
    Austerity is as effective at helping the economy as blood letting was at curing disease. We are cutting too much too fast with nothing to increase revenue, to what end? You can't cut all the debt we have simply by removing spending, it will take years to reduce the debt.

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Obama proposed several. Got shot down in congress because it had "too much spending"
    Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Austerity is as effective at helping the economy as blood letting was at curing disease. We are cutting too much too fast with nothing to increase revenue, to what end? You can't cut all the debt we have simply by removing spending, it will take years to reduce the debt.
    Cutting the rate and percentages of spending increases is not "austerity". Try again

  6. #396
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    You have to focus on water because you can't handle the fact his speech blew Obama's out of the water
    I see what you did there...

  7. #397
    Educator Adagio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyRux View Post
    Are you Joe Biden's speech writer? You say you are better off, but then rattle off campaign talking-points from 2012. LOL...
    No. I'm not. They aren't talking points. They're facts. I know facts aren't part of the Conservative ideology, but we tend to think they work better then ideas that can't demonstrate what makes them true.
    Extremism: A threat at home, a threat abroad.

  8. #398
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wrong, Obama budgets were never shelved by the House and no budget can be filibustered. Better stop believing what you are reading from the left and get the actual facts
    Boehner decides what bills are to be brought to the floor for a vote. The progressive caucus proposed a budget and yet it will never see a vote.

    http://grijalva.house.gov/uploads/Th...2%20Budget.pdf

  9. #399
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Boehner decides what bills are to be brought to the floor for a vote. The progressive caucus proposed a budget and yet it will never see a vote.

    http://grijalva.house.gov/uploads/Th...2%20Budget.pdf
    It had a vote and went down in flames...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #400
    Educator Adagio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    in realiity the economy is in shambles....the USA has been downgraded... thats reality...its not about me or you..
    The USA was downgraded because of the Teabaggers complete insanity. They decided to take the country to the brink of default and Standard and Poors said that was the reason. It's YOU guys that are wrecking this thing. You did your damage for 8 years and now that it's turning around you can't stand it. Sorry, but you lost. Your ideas have been rejected. That's reality. Now get out of the way and let the country move forward.
    Extremism: A threat at home, a threat abroad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •