Page 108 of 147 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1467

Thread: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

  1. #1071
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Only those that have no concept of the severity of this recession compared to the one under Carter and Reagan would buy your version of history.
    Ok, put the stats of both recessions side by side and let's take a look.....If you have the intellectual honesty to do such, you'd see that they are remarkably similar, that is up to the point where the two differing approaches, Reagan on the one side, and Obama on the other took over, then the picture is striking in the failure of one, and it ain't Reagan....

    You have the ability to mimic me, aren't you special!
    Well, don't try and get cute, and I won't have to point out your foolishness.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1072
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I've studied the issue and disagree. Do you support allowing banks to continue to be too large to fail?
    It sounds like youv'e "studdied" what fits your narrative...ie " banks are bad ".

    You CANT disagree with me because I've posted facts. MBSs that originated from the GSEs HAD to be colateralized via banking regulations and that was done with insurance......or CDSs.

    To big too fail is a term the media and HollyWood came up with to convince people that somehow private lending institutions were the blame for massive amounts of " Govt Backed Securities ".

    You " studdied " it but have completely missed the 5 trillion of low quality loans bought by the GSEs.

    Yea I dont think so...

  3. #1073
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: SOTU Address:

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, put the stats of both recessions side by side and let's take a look.....If you have the intellectual honesty to do such, you'd see that they are remarkably similar, that is up to the point where the two differing approaches, Reagan on the one side, and Obama on the other took over, then the picture is striking in the failure of one, and it ain't Reagan....



    Well, don't try and get cute, and I won't have to point out your foolishness.


    U.S. Recession Worst Since Great Depression, Revised Data Show
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #1074
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It sounds like youv'e "studdied" what fits your narrative...ie " banks are bad ".

    You CANT disagree with me because I've posted facts. MBSs that originated from the GSEs HAD to be colateralized via banking regulations and that was done with insurance......or CDSs.

    To big too fail is a term the media and HollyWood came up with to convince people that somehow private lending institutions were the blame for massive amounts of " Govt Backed Securities ".

    You " studdied " it but have completely missed the 5 trillion of low quality loans bought by the GSEs.

    Yea I dont think so...

    Banks too big too fail are why our wise forefathers enacted the Glass-Steagall Act after the Great Depression. Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1075
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Are you seriously trying to mitigate 4 years of failure by arguing the effects of the sub prime collapse were worse than first thought ?

  6. #1076
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Are you seriously trying to mitigate 4 years of failure by arguing the effects of the sub prime collapse were worse than first thought ?
    Go back and read the context for which the post was made.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #1077
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Banks too big too fail are why our wise forefathers enacted the Glass-Steagall
    Act after the Great Depression. Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Banks too big to fail is a manufactured concept to shift the blame from those who are truly to blame to those who were harmed bh mandated low income loans.

  8. #1078
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Go back and read the context for which the post was made.
    Its a given.

  9. #1079
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Banks too big to fail is a manufactured concept to shift the blame from those who are truly to blame to those who were harmed bh mandated low income loans.
    If it makes you happy to believe that, carry on!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1080
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    re: SOTU Address:[W: 378; 1310; 1451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If it makes you happy to believe that,
    carry on!
    Its a bummer that so many of my fellow countrymen are so intellectually lazy that they would believe the narrative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •