Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 534

Thread: Pope resigns

  1. #501
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Pope resigns

    There is a thread on this conspiracy theory in the Religion forum if you're interested. This ITCCS has quite an agenda.

  2. #502
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pope resigns

    The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State?

    I see they chose ITCCS as their acronym...

    Wonder why not TITICOCS?

  3. #503
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Believing in God is faith. Proof is the only thing that absolutely positively destroys faith. I have faith, I don't even want proof.
    And why in the world do you think that's an admirable thing? Do you apply faith to anything else in your life or is it just an excuse you're making in this particular case because you can find no better reason to believe?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #504
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, but that's your opinion and nothing more. Obviously BILLIONS of people disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It doesn't matter what people believe, only the facts matter.
    Right but billions of people once believe the world was flat and the Sun went around the Earth - that doesn't mean they're right in the face of evidence and reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Right but billions of people once believe the world was flat and the Sun went around the Earth - that doesn't mean they're right in the face of evidence and reason.
    We're talking about "beliefs" here, not things that can be proven with science.

  6. #506
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    We're talking about "beliefs" here, not things that can be proven with science.
    Certain aspects of "belief" could (and would) have evidence. And, in the same was as those prior beliefs, people would've thought they couldn't have had evidence against them, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Certain aspects of "belief" could (and would) have evidence. And, in the same was as those prior beliefs, people would've thought they couldn't have had evidence against them, either.
    Okay. People believed the earth was flat, until there was evidence to prove otherwise. When there is some kind of proof that God (or some kind of "higher power") does not exist, then come talk to me. Besides, we've come QUITE a long ways since the days when people thought the earth was flat.

    Besides, it's my belief. I keep it to myself for the most part, and I don't bother anyone, so why anyone would have any kind of objections, I have no idea.

  8. #508
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Besides, it's my belief. I keep it to myself for the most part, and I don't bother anyone, so why anyone would have any kind of objections, I have no idea.
    I'm mystified too why rejecting belief isn't enough and mocking those of faith is so important. It's not as if this will change opinions or beliefs.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay. People believed the earth was flat, until there was evidence to prove otherwise. When there is some kind of proof that God (or some kind of "higher power") does not exist, then come talk to me. Besides, we've come QUITE a long ways since the days when people thought the earth was flat.

    Besides, it's my belief. I keep it to myself for the most part, and I don't bother anyone, so why anyone would have any kind of objections, I have no idea.
    Prior to Christianity, many people theorized it was round. The church made it illegal to think it was anything but flat. So, despite your historical revisionism, people were at one time free to think and they had guessed the truth. But then the truth came into conflict with religion.......................

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Prior to Christianity, many people theorized it was round. The church made it illegal to think it was anything but flat. So, despite your historical revisionism, people were at one time free to think and they had guessed the truth. But then the truth came into conflict with religion.......................
    Yes it was theorized, and perhaps some people rejected it because of the church, but I'm sure many rejected it because they just didn't believe it. There were stories by sailors as well about the earth being flat and also sea monsters.

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •