Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 534

Thread: Pope resigns

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Why would you be surprised? People often listen to those who seem to know more than they do... gasp...it even happens today, even when you later find out that they conning you to control you...
    Hi. Where's the "gang" at tonight ?......................

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    You got to be kidding me Martin Luther eventually broke away from the Catholic Church because it was adding things like the sale indulgences for sins and "holy" artifacts for people in purgatory. Martin Luther was more conservative than the Vatican.
    Very Nietzschean.................

  3. #243
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    If you believe Roman Catholicism has anything at all to do with liberalism, you don't know the definition of liberalism.
    Then you don't know anything at all about Catholicism. A lot of Catholic beliefs follow the liberal agenda, not all of them obviously, but a lot of them.

    It doesn't change the fact that Catholics vote liberal.

  4. #244
    Advisor Fog hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    10-31-13 @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    408

    Re: Pope resigns

    I know that this historic issue, unfolding, is big news for the Catholic Church Faithful. I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but there are many of us who are not Catholic, and many of us who do not favorably look at the history of the Catholic Church.

    This thread is not a problem, but when the MSM, will incessantly report on who, what, and why of the transition... It will drive many of us crazy, because we could give a rip, who will become the next head of a church, which is in danger of dying.

    A new dictator, for a dictatorial church... Big news alright.
    Nothing in excess.

  5. #245
    Advisor Fog hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    10-31-13 @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    408

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    You got to be kidding me Martin Luther eventually broke away from the Catholic Church because it was adding things like the sale indulgences for sins and "holy" artifacts for people in purgatory. Martin Luther was more conservative than the Vatican.
    What you're alluding with sale indulgences... was called "absolution". Prepaid forgiveness of sins yet to be committed.
    Nothing in excess.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Fog hit View Post
    I know that this historic issue, unfolding, is big news for the Catholic Church Faithful. I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but there are many of us who are not Catholic, and many of us who do not favorably look at the history of the Catholic Church.

    This thread is not a problem, but when the MSM, will incessantly report on who, what, and why of the transition... It will drive many of us crazy, because we could give a rip, who will become the next head of a church, which is in danger of dying.

    A new dictator, for a dictatorial church... Big news alright.
    You cynic, you. On a side note, seeing all the cardinals on TV made me realize that I have no idea of the history of that getup their wear........

  7. #247
    Advisor Fog hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    10-31-13 @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    408

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Hi. Where's the "gang" at tonight ?......................
    I know why you're on this thread Bonz, but I can't figure out why a nice lady, like Polgara, would hang around this side of the tracks?
    Nothing in excess.

  8. #248
    Advisor Fog hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    10-31-13 @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    408

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    You cynic, you. On a side note, seeing all the cardinals on TV made me realize that I have no idea of the history of that getup their wear........
    Cynic? LOL. Pot... Meet the Archbishop of cynicism... The honorable Bonzai.

    How ya doin?
    Nothing in excess.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Fog hit View Post
    What you're alluding with sale indulgences... was called "absolution". Prepaid forgiveness of sins yet to be committed.
    Nietzsche thought that Christianity would have begun to die centuries ago if the Reformation hadn't resuscitated it...............

  10. #250
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Pope resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I'm arguing because you're using a weak, euphemistic phrase like "mishandle", as opposed to the reality of "knowingly protecting men who rape children". I'm arguing because you're diminishing the severity of what happened. This was not an "oops", this was serious evil.
    We can disagree about what constitutes mishandling, even "terrible" mishandling (which is what I actually said). You claim "hyperbole" as an excuse for a flat out lie about a church position.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •