Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 212

Thread: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

  1. #51
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Birtherism aside, from 2008:



    But beyond that, the message was there both in 2008, and this past election, the question is are we smart enough to see it when it is presented?

    More Dr. Carson:

    Being in Hannity certainly hurts his credibility. But, I see more of the unoriginal scare lines concerning communism/ socialism /fascist nonsense. Funny stuff. Not really.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #52
    User Skunked_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    06-01-13 @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    115

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Being in Hannity certainly hurts his credibility. But, I see more of the unoriginal scare lines concerning communism/ socialism /fascist nonsense. Funny stuff. Not really.
    And Obama going on The View helps his credibility?lol If you just watched the Hanity interview and came away with "scare lines" I must ask where you got it from, because 100% of what Carson said makes perfect sense to me.
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves" - Witch Hunt- Rush

  3. #53
    User DannyRux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    143

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Poor, poor conservatives. If only they were strong enough to handle "THE LEFT."

    Strong enough? Strength in numbers means nothing in this country (except for the people who want to suppress the minority... or, the racists (synonymous with Liberal))... You would probably have the Electoral College process dismantled and go straight to majority-rules vote huh? Hey, get it while the going's good...

  4. #54
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Being in Hannity certainly hurts his credibility.
    With who? Look, I thought you libs were all about 'truth to power'? or is that only when agitating, and heckling a repub President? You may not like Hannity's political leanings, but he is a good questioner. See, this is what I am talking about, you don't like that he appears on Hannity, or FNC for that matter, but he was, and is promoting a conservative, no nonsense message. Where would you prefer he go on? MSNBC? Where the mockery, and derision could rule the day, and the message be lost?

    But, I see more of the unoriginal scare lines concerning communism/ socialism /fascist nonsense.
    Well, too bad that the truth makes you so uncomfortable. It is what it is, you want liberals to cease to get the Communist/Socialist/Fascist labels thrown at you? Stop acting like them then.

    Funny stuff. Not really.
    I agree, nothing funny about destroying the nation.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #55
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    First of all let me just say that I have great respect for Dr. Carson. I remember when he came to my inner city high school and spoke. He is a very brilliant man who is deep rooted in his faith. Now with that being said, there are a few things I have to disagree with him on.

    He use his mom as a example of someone who work two jobs to stay off of welfare. Hey that is wonderful but what message would he give that man or woman who can't find one job? Every one situation is different and he can't demonize someone without knowing their situation.

    True Story:

    About a month ago, our dept secretary came by my desk and told me that there was a co-worker (he didn't say who) who is coming to work hungry because she can only afford to buy food for her kids. She can't take government assistance because she makes too much. He said that her bills and daycare is killing her so he ask me to donate money to her. I felt so bad for her and I told him to count me in because God has bless me and I know this is what Jesus want us to do.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked_Ape View Post
    And Obama going on The View helps his credibility?lol If you just watched the Hanity interview and came away with "scare lines" I must ask where you got it from, because 100% of what Carson said makes perfect sense to me.
    I don't believe I said that, in any way. Sorry, but that strawman has no weight.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyRux View Post
    Strong enough? Strength in numbers means nothing in this country (except for the people who want to suppress the minority... or, the racists (synonymous with Liberal))... You would probably have the Electoral College process dismantled and go straight to majority-rules vote huh? Hey, get it while the going's good...
    Whine, whine, whine. No mater the system, if it is the system, accept it and quit whining. I believe, btw, you lost the popular vote as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    With who? Look, I thought you libs were all about 'truth to power'? or is that only when agitating, and heckling a repub President? You may not like Hannity's political leanings, but he is a good questioner. See, this is what I am talking about, you don't like that he appears on Hannity, or FNC for that matter, but he was, and is promoting a conservative, no nonsense message. Where would you prefer he go on? MSNBC? Where the mockery, and derision could rule the day, and the message be lost?
    With any thinking person, regardless of party or ideaology. It would be the same with someone appearing on Oberman, for example.

    Well, too bad that the truth makes you so uncomfortable. It is what it is, you want liberals to cease to get the Communist/Socialist/Fascist labels thrown at you? Stop acting like them then.
    Don't mistake sad laughter for being uncomfortable. And the thing is, no one is acting like them. That's why I have the sad laughter.

    I agree, nothing funny about destroying the nation.
    You were fairly comfortable with a conservative doing it. Odd that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    03-12-14 @ 04:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    143

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked_Ape View Post
    And Obama going on The View helps his credibility?lol If you just watched the Hanity interview and came away with "scare lines" I must ask where you got it from, because 100% of what Carson said makes perfect sense to me.
    When Obama went on The View to giggle with the girls instead of going to the Boy Scout 100th anniversary jubilee it spoke volumes of the mans character. It was all about the GLTB agenda and being the run of the mill politician he just couldn't resist. Go Red Wings!

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    03-12-14 @ 04:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    143

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    First of all let me just say that I have great respect for Dr. Carson. I remember when he came to my inner city high school and spoke. He is a very brilliant man who is deep rooted in his faith. Now with that being said, there are a few things I have to disagree with him on.

    True Story:
    About a month ago, our dept secretary came by my desk and told me that there was a co-worker (he didn't say who) who is coming to work hungry because she can only afford to buy food for her kids. She can't take government assistance because she makes too much. He said that her bills and daycare is killing her so he ask me to donate money to her. I felt so bad for her and I told him to count me in because God has bless me and I know this is what Jesus want us to do.
    He use his mom as a example of someone who work two jobs to stay off of welfare. Hey that is wonderful but what message would he give that man or woman who can't find one job? Every one situation is different and he can't demonize someone without knowing their situation.

    I agree with you, we should help those in need. However, there are many, many people who are leeches on society and will continue to take and take. We have to find a way to force them to earn their keep. Anyone can fall on hard times and it is nice to help such people.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •