Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 212

Thread: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

  1. #101
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh so I didn't say that, and now you are just making **** up to justify your lie about me....Got it.



    Of my list the "guns" portion is the only thing you have a problem with eh? Well, we all know that progressives like you will say you don't want to take my guns, til you show up at my door to take my guns....What a joke.
    No. Nor is it the only one I addressed. Anytime you say what someone wants, you're threading on thin ground, as you can't read minds. The gun one was just a particularly silly one.

    And don't try to dismiss how much you pick non issues to to hammer Obama with this. Take this thread for example. Someone spoke who had a different opinion, he was allowed to speak, got an applause, and there was no Obama issue at all. You might have started a thread to discuss Dr. Carson's points, but you didn't. You did what Dr. Carson called the problem of this country and played the partisan problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #102
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. Nor is it the only one I addressed. Anytime you say what someone wants, you're threading on thin ground, as you can't read minds. The gun one was just a particularly silly one.

    And don't try to dismiss how much you pick non issues to to hammer Obama with this. Take this thread for example. Someone spoke who had a different opinion, he was allowed to speak, got an applause, and there was no Obama issue at all. You might have started a thread to discuss Dr. Carson's points, but you didn't. You did what Dr. Carson called the problem of this country and played the partisan problem.

    Well, what Dr. Carson believes in terms of political theory is of no concern to me at this point unless he runs, and if he does, I have the feeling it will either be Republican, or Indy. But, with that said, his points were spot on, which I did mention in the OP....You choose to ignore that though, because it wouldn't let you argue something that isn't there.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #103
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, what Dr. Carson believes in terms of political theory is of no concern to me at this point unless he runs, and if he does, I have the feeling it will either be Republican, or Indy. But, with that said, his points were spot on, which I did mention in the OP....You choose to ignore that though, because it wouldn't let you argue something that isn't there.
    His points match your beliefs. This is true. And he did a reasonable job presenting them. But, there are reasonable and intelligent people who disagree. This is not evil, or any name calling you want to present, but the nature of these things. Issue have more than one side because the right and wrong of it is less clear than many try to present them. I think he misunderstands human nature and won't get the results he thinks he will, but that doesn't make him evil or a heartless fascist. he's just a person who i disagree with.

    This was the the meat of your OP: You know the last time I saw that look on Obama's face was during the debate when Romney handed him is arse!

    I asked you what was there to respond to. I didn't get an answer. But Travis in post 31 said this:

    The story is an brain surgeon destroyed Obama and proved OBama to be a loser a vacant liberal halfwit socialsits whos policies are a disaster..

    God Bless the great Dr Ben Carson.
    You then did in post 37 ask for Obama's give, to which I answered:

    Can you show me where I said it was? This fellow disagreed and me nor anyone I can recall called him a name.

    As for give, you'll find the reason liberals were upset with Obama during the first term was all the give. He's actually ahead on that pathetic count, sad as it is both ways.
    Then there was this post:

    Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The other day I herd Rush commenting the Obama was looking down in disgrace at the mention of health savings accounts......Obama was looking down because he was texting. I know that look, when you phone vibrate and you want to be discreet. You can see the right arm retrieve it from his pocket. When Obama was don, he put his phone up on the table.
    To which you relied:

    Yeah, I should have known....You know liberals, manners, and class are usually not simpatico...
    You are here argeeing which Jerry's assumption and making a wild leap on your own to speak abut all liberals.

    I answered you in post 72:

    I haven't checked to confirm Jerry's supposition; however, as no one is privy to any inside information on any such call, once again some huge leaps are taking place.
    During all of this, with every opportunity, you never actually focused on Dr. Carson's comments. By you and those who agree with you, the focus has been on Obama.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    During all of this, with every opportunity, you never actually focused on Dr. Carson's comments. By you and those who agree with you, the focus has been on Obama.
    The focus has mainly been on Dr, Carson but, because Obama is also in the video, there will naturally be comparisons made between the two. Where is the problem?

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    It's funny how progressives are having a brain burst over this.... The fact he's a black man really pisses them off because they cant call him a racist or any derogatory term for that matter. The fact he's a groundbreaking medical doctor probably pisses progressives off even more....

    All of a sudden degrees don't matter unless you're Obama or Van Jones, Eric Holder, Nancy Pelosi (who probably doesn't even have a degree)...

    If it matters, I burned my degree, it proves nothing and says nothing about me.

  6. #106
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    His points match your beliefs. This is true.
    On the speech he gives here, yes......So?

    And he did a reasonable job presenting them.
    Ok...."Buuuuuuutttttt"?

    But, there are reasonable and intelligent people who disagree.
    And there it is.....As the old saying goes, everything before 'but' is bs. So, no you don't think he was reasonable, nor do you think I am for agreeing with him.

    This is not evil, or any name calling you want to present, but the nature of these things.
    No one that I saw said it was "evil", or called your opposition any names. And you can disagree with the message all you want, doesn't make your opinion right and his wrong....It just is what it is....

    Issue have more than one side because the right and wrong of it is less clear than many try to present them.
    And quite possibly that is the problem today is it not? I mean, if both sides were less worried about what the polling will say about a speech, or idea, or if politicians didn't try to mask everything they say into an opportunity to deny saying what is clear to everyone with ears then maybe we wouldn't have the problems we have today.

    I think he misunderstands human nature and won't get the results he thinks he will...
    Are you kidding me? His back story, and what he does for a career, and you don't think he understands far more than you do about what Obamacare will/is doing? Yeah, ok...

    but that doesn't make him evil or a heartless fascist.
    There's that 'but' again...So, translate...You know he understands human nature, and has a deeper understanding of what this will do to medicine in this country, but since you are so deep in, you've got to hide that fact by impugning his knowledge, and character.

    he's just a person who i disagree with.
    Man, you could have saved yourself alot of that paragraph by just writing this, and leaving all that other silly dancing, and dishonesty out.

    This was the the meat of your OP: You know the last time I saw that look on Obama's face was during the debate when Romney handed him is arse!
    No, that was a little tongue in cheek ribbing because obama looked like he was uncomfortable. You know like he does everytime someone who is intelligent is ripping his agenda, and he has no prepared response.

    I asked you what was there to respond to. I didn't get an answer. But Travis in post 31 said this:

    The story is an brain surgeon destroyed Obama and proved OBama to be a loser a vacant liberal halfwit socialsits whos policies are a disaster..

    God Bless the great Dr Ben Carson.
    You then did in post 37 ask for Obama's give, to which I answered:

    Can you show me where I said it was? This fellow disagreed and me nor anyone I can recall called him a name.

    As for give, you'll find the reason liberals were upset with Obama during the first term was all the give. He's actually ahead on that pathetic count, sad as it is both ways.
    Then there was this post:

    Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The other day I herd Rush commenting the Obama was looking down in disgrace at the mention of health savings accounts......Obama was looking down because he was texting. I know that look, when you phone vibrate and you want to be discreet. You can see the right arm retrieve it from his pocket. When Obama was don, he put his phone up on the table.
    To which you relied:

    Yeah, I should have known....You know liberals, manners, and class are usually not simpatico...
    You are here argeeing which Jerry's assumption and making a wild leap on your own to speak abut all liberals.

    I answered you in post 72:

    I haven't checked to confirm Jerry's supposition; however, as no one is privy to any inside information on any such call, once again some huge leaps are taking place.

    During all of this, with every opportunity, you never actually focused on Dr. Carson's comments. By you and those who agree with you, the focus has been on Obama.
    Oh good grief...I'll tell ya what, why don't you leave all this other contorted stringing together everyone else's opinions to try and find some nefarious under current to what I write, why don't you keep it simple, and just comment on what I say?

    I didn't respond to your question because it was irrelevant. Plain and simple. But I think I see what your problem is, you are constantly trying to read between everyone else's postings to tie them together, and twist, and distort the meanings of the thought...As usual it is a suspect approach, and if not outright dishonest, then right on the line...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #107
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The focus has mainly been on Dr, Carson but, because Obama is also in the video, there will naturally be comparisons made between the two. Where is the problem?
    Please point to where his ideas are being debated, especially by j.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    On the speech he gives here, yes......So?



    Ok...."Buuuuuuutttttt"?



    And there it is.....As the old saying goes, everything before 'but' is bs. So, no you don't think he was reasonable, nor do you think I am for agreeing with him.



    No one that I saw said it was "evil", or called your opposition any names. And you can disagree with the message all you want, doesn't make your opinion right and his wrong....It just is what it is....



    And quite possibly that is the problem today is it not? I mean, if both sides were less worried about what the polling will say about a speech, or idea, or if politicians didn't try to mask everything they say into an opportunity to deny saying what is clear to everyone with ears then maybe we wouldn't have the problems we have today.



    Are you kidding me? His back story, and what he does for a career, and you don't think he understands far more than you do about what Obamacare will/is doing? Yeah, ok...



    There's that 'but' again...So, translate...You know he understands human nature, and has a deeper understanding of what this will do to medicine in this country, but since you are so deep in, you've got to hide that fact by impugning his knowledge, and character.



    Man, you could have saved yourself alot of that paragraph by just writing this, and leaving all that other silly dancing, and dishonesty out.



    No, that was a little tongue in cheek ribbing because obama looked like he was uncomfortable. You know like he does everytime someone who is intelligent is ripping his agenda, and he has no prepared response.



    Oh good grief...I'll tell ya what, why don't you leave all this other contorted stringing together everyone else's opinions to try and find some nefarious under current to what I write, why don't you keep it simple, and just comment on what I say?

    I didn't respond to your question because it was irrelevant. Plain and simple. But I think I see what your problem is, you are constantly trying to read between everyone else's postings to tie them together, and twist, and distort the meanings of the thought...As usual it is a suspect approach, and if not outright dishonest, then right on the line...
    I think you lose meaning of what is being said by both reading in your biases (the line about before but) and breaking up into too many parts to keep the thought coherent.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Please point to where his ideas are being debated, especially by j.
    That has nothing to do with the quote.

    You said
    During all of this, with every opportunity, you never actually focused on Dr. Carson's comments. By you and those who agree with you, the focus has been on Obama.
    I said
    The focus has mainly been on Dr, Carson but, because Obama is also in the video, there will naturally be comparisons made between the two. Where is the problem?
    Then you came up with that odd ball statement.

    I doubt Dr. Carson's ideas are anything HBO or yourself would care to debate.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech at prayer breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That has nothing to do with the quote.

    You said

    I said


    Then you came up with that odd ball statement.

    I doubt Dr. Carson's ideas are anything HBO or yourself would care to debate.
    I still don't see anyone debating Dr Carson's comments, or even trying to start such a discussion, which s the essence of what I said. And I'd love to debate anything he said. Anytime, any place..

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •