Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77

Thread: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

  1. #41
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    53% are concerned. Hmm wonder what the other 47% are thinking

    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    exactly, they won't bite the hand that feeds them



  2. #42
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    exactly, they won't bite the hand that feeds them
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. Such nonsense in this thread.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #43
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. Such nonsense in this thread.
    more passive aggressive idiocy tonight in that post? the fact is, people who look to the government to take care of them are less likely to see that government as pernicious than those who see the government as infringing (the normal definition of infringing) on their rights be it property owners, net tax payers, gun owners, gays, etc



  4. #44
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    February 7, 2013 - For the first time, a majority of the public says that the federal government threatens their personal rights and freedoms, according to a new survey conducted by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press.

    The nationwide telephone survey found that 53 percent of Americans think that the federal government threatens their own personal rights and freedoms while 43 percent disagree. Of those who say government is a threat, 31 percent say it is major threat, while 22 percent say it a minor threat. Fully three-quarters (76 percent) of conservative Republicans said that the government threatens their personal rights, and most (54 percent) said the government poses a major threat, by far the highest percentage of any ideological group identified. Even among moderate and liberal Republicans, 57 percent view the federal government as a threat to personal rights and freedoms and 32 percent said it is a major threat. Among Democrats, 38 percent said the government is a threat, just 16 percent said it as a major threat. According to Pew, the survey also found “continued widespread distrust in government.”

    “Such widespread alarm about federal encroachment indicates there is absolutely a bipartisan, across-the-board concern about the assault on Americans’ personal freedoms, choices and ability to raise families on their own terms,” LeBon said.

    “Whether it is ObamaCare, the Second Amendment or the constant barrage of ‘nanny state’ regulations at all levels of government, Americans are speaking up about feeling threatened by institutional intrusion,” she said.

    “This intrusion is all around,” she added.

    The Pew survey was conducted Jan. 9-13 among a national sample of 1,502 adults, with a confidence factor of 95 percent.....snip~

    Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms | CNS News

    Do you think Obama and the Democrats have something to worry about? The poll show there is a bi-partisianship as it crossing lines. Also Team Obama keeps dropping in the Polls and is continuing to take hits over the Drone Issue and now after the Devastating Admissions by Panetta and Dempsey implicating Clinton and her state Dept for screwing up Benghazi.

    Can Obama make it thru this 2nd term by constantly looking ro go around Congress? Do you think that Obama's spin machine can hide the fact that more and more Americans are becoming disillusioned with all Obama has to say? Seems Obama is now starting to lose that popularity wave he has been riding. How do you think this will affect the political landscape going forward?
    Forget their bias, cns is not an accurate source. The in accuracy is often not in the poll, but what they say the poll means. Let me give you an example of how they lose accuracy:

    But CNSNews.com goes even further by alleging that "under Oregon law, girls from 15 years of age and up are given complete control over whether to be sterilized or not."


    The statement would be accurate if it said health care plans in Oregon are required to pay for sterilizations for 15-year-old-girls. But instead, the statement confuses the insurers with providers – i.e. physicians – stating that 15-year-olds have "complete control." That's not true.

    PolitiFact Oregon | In Oregon, do 15-year-olds have complete control over sterilization?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more passive aggressive idiocy tonight in that post? the fact is, people who look to the government to take care of them are less likely to see that government as pernicious than those who see the government as infringing (the normal definition of infringing) on their rights be it property owners, net tax payers, gun owners, gays, etc
    There's nothing passive about calling a thread what is.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #46
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There's nothing passive about calling a thread what is.
    its an oblique attack without taking a position that can be counter attacked



  7. #47
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its an oblique attack without taking a position that can be counter attacked
    I'm taking a very clear position. The article is bunk, and the whining your side does is inaccurate and sad.

    Now from th actual poll:

    In October 2006, during George W. Bush’s second term, those at the opposite end of the ideological spectrum – liberal Democrats –
    were most angry at government. At that time, 44% of liberal Democrats said they were angryat the federal government, far higher than the share of conservative Republicans expressing anger today.

    http://www.people-press.org/files/le...Government.pdf

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #48
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    What's disturbing here isn't that you blame Obama for this.

    What's disturbing is that you'd think the Republicans would do any differently.
    This.

    The same conservative camp that has protested Obama's actions against civil liberties have not put forth a serious candidate that poses as any alternative.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    This.

    The same conservative camp that has protested Obama's actions against civil liberties have not put forth a serious candidate that poses as any alternative.
    And that they don't seem to see how partisan and silly that makes those who do this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #50
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Pew: 53% of Americans Now Say Government Threatens Their Rights and Freedoms.....

    Absolutely not true, I probably watch Fox news and listen to Rush more than you do. I think it is a sign of intellectual laziness or insecurity to assume the only way someone can disagree with you is if they have some sort of character flaw such as brainwashing themselfs or being stupid. Hey, if that is what you need carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceandan View Post
    I love hearing from folks who watch and read nothing but left wing national scribes who worship at the feet of POTUS.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •