Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 410

Thread: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Why should an adulterer have the right to split up a man's home after sleeping with his wife?

    The man in the article is the real dad. The others were just sperm donors.
    What if she never told the fathers about their children and they never knew? What if they decided they wanted to see their kids and be a part of their kids' lives?

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    You're the one who is too naive to know that that is not what it means.

    It means giving money to the custodial parent. Period.
    Which the parent is supposed to spend on the child/children.

  3. #383
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    You're the one who is too naive to know that that is not what it means.

    It means giving money to the custodial parent. Period.
    *Sigh* wrong, wrong, wrong.....You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Tell ya what, read up on it, then get back to me....

    Start here:

    Support monies collected are expected to be used for the child's expenses, including food, clothing and educational needs. They are not meant to function as "spending money" for the child.[9] Courts have held that it is unacceptable for child support payments to be used to directly benefit the custodial parent.

    Child support - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #384
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What if she never told the fathers about their children and they never knew? What if they decided they wanted to see their kids and be a part of their kids' lives?
    So what if she didn't, and so what if they did? Why should sleeping with another man's wife give them rights to his children? If they wanted children, they should have found wives of their own.

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    So what if she didn't, and so what if they did? Why should sleeping with another man's wife give them rights to his children? If they wanted children, they should have found wives of their own.
    Maybe she lied about being married too? It's possible. Besides, just because they committed adultery doesn't mean they should be punished by never being able to see their own kids. That's a little harsh IMO. That's like being punished for the rest of your life, wondering about your kids and stuff.

  6. #386
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Maybe she lied about being married too? It's possible.
    What I'm saying is, dipping their wicks doesn't make them fathers. Those children have a father, even if he is being a colossal jackass at the moment, and the courts should be focused on making him do the right thing. Only thing those other men have any business doing is staying the hell away from him and his family.

  7. #387
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    What I'm saying is, dipping their wicks doesn't make them fathers. Those children have a father, even if he is being a colossal jackass at the moment, and the courts should be focused on making him do the right thing. Only thing those other men have any business doing is staying the hell away from him and his family.
    Well, you have a point in that he was acting as their father for all that time and never bothered to have paternity checked prior to the split. In THAT sense, and because of the fact that the children see him as their father, I can see your point. I just don't know about letting those other guys off scot-free. It does take two to make a baby.

  8. #388
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    The man in the article is the real dad. The others were just sperm donors.
    Um. By that standard, the mom's just an egg donor. It takes both gametes to create a new human being. Once you've created a new human being, you're both responsible for its well being.


    The victim of this awful woman's con job is not the father of three of those kids.

    He did not agree to adopt this woman's other kids. He was lied to. It would be sick, and wrong, and evil, to make him continue to pay child support for offspring that some other men made with his lying, unfaithful wife. There is no reason to hold him financially responsible for those kids when he had no part in their creation.

    He would have to assume that responsibility on his own, willingly, for that to be the case. This sort of fraudulent misdeed ought to carry serious consequences.

  9. #389
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    What I'm saying is, dipping their wicks doesn't make them fathers.
    Yes, it objectively and factually did. They just haven't been providing the social expectations of a father. Some other poor schmuck was conned into doing so, and now the state is coercing him to continue to do so even after the con has been found out. That is unconscionable.

    Which may or may not be the mother's fault also, because she could have hidden the truth from the children's real parents (and probably did)... Still, those men should be forced to be responsible financially for the children they created.

  10. #390
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Um. By that standard, the mom's just an egg donor. It takes both gametes to create a new human being. Once you've created a new human being, you're both responsible for its well being.
    Two gametes and nine months of resource-intensive gestation which the biological mother exclusively provides. Why do you keep forgetting about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    The victim of this awful woman's con job is not the father of three of those kids.
    No, the father of those three kids is definitely the victim of this awful woman's con job. Else he wouldn't have been their father.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    He did not agree to adopt this woman's other kids. He was lied to. It would be sick, and wrong, and evil, to make him continue to pay child support for offspring that some other men made with his lying, unfaithful wife. There is no reason to hold him financially responsible for those kids when he had no part in their creation.

    He would have to assume that responsibility on his own, willingly, for that to be the case. This sort of fraudulent misdeed ought to carry serious consequences.
    He agreed to be the father of those children-- his obligation is to those children and the mother's adultery has no bearing on it whatsoever. The children have not betrayed him.

    What is sick and wrong and evil is letting a father walk away from his obligations to his children because his marriage dissolved.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •