Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 410

Thread: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

  1. #271
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I am assuming that the beef is with the ex-wife and he desires to deprive her, rather than the children, of court mandated financial support. It is unfortunate that child support is awarded to the custodial parent rather than placed into a trust under control of the minor children and/or a court appointed trustee on their behalf. I have seen far too many use the "child support" funds to buy a fancier car, dump the offspring off at their parents house and then enjoy being "free" to spend more time (and money) away from that XXXX's kids.
    I have witnessed this myself. And yes, I agree with much of what you've stated.

    And yes, he most definitely has the right to feel the way he does toward his ex-wife... however... his responsibility in the matter should also be taken into account. Sounds like she has made some very dishonest and poor choices and so has he. I would have addressed the doubt a long while ago - IF it was that important to me. It's just sad that now the children are the ones that have to suffer because two "adults" can't seem to get their **** together.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  2. #272
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Here's the thing.... the father MUST have had doubts prior to his divorce, otherwise, why would paternity testing be done at the end of the marriage.
    Again, we're speculating because the reporting doesn't tell us. But the DNA testing may have been requested by the mother. Maybe he was trying for custody and she used this to deny him that.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    My argument is this: If the man had any inkling of a doubt, then he should have voiced that concern and had a paternity test preformed long before now. Who raises children from a young age and has hidden doubt, and then 16 years later says, "Oh but no.. I have cared for, provided for and loved these children this long... but NOW... oh no. I hate their mother and I'm sending the message to the children that I couldn't care less about them because I'm not the one who 'created' them"?
    I know, that would be a dick move, right? But some folks don't believe as we do. But, that isn't the issue, the fact is, though he's been acting as a parent all these years, he's not their legal father and has no parental rights under the law (I'm guessing Canadian law is similar to ours).

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    He was given a choice. If he had doubts about the paternity - he had to choice whether or not to persue that avenue. He chose not to.
    No, he wasn't. There's no mention of him knowing or being given any choice in any of this.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    I wonder if the father pursued custody of the children?
    It would seem that it would be more just all the way around if he had custody, and the sleeping around mother were the one paying child support. That way, the girls would know that their father was still their father, the father wouldn't have to pay child support to a mother who cheated on him, and the kids wouldn't feel abandoned.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    The rights of the children trump all others in such cases - it always has and always will.
    Which isn't right and simply stating that fact doesn't support it.

    And like I said some number of posts ago - the bio fathers should assert their 'rights' if that's what they want and then have the courts decide on that separate issue.
    If it is known who the father is than the rights should be placed in occurrence with that. Clearly, this would involve a court decision, but then, that is rather obvious.

    See - this is where lack of info is a bitch . . . maybe the bio dads never cared and always knew? To many guys who have one-night stands and affairs who then father children out of that they just don't care and walk away - dissolving rights without going through any sort of legal avenue to do so.
    You can't dissolve rights by non-action. Your statement makes no sense.

    Further - the courts can't force her to tell who they might be if she doesn't want to . . . and so on. She made the decision all those many years ago.
    No doubt, but then that is not needed either. No support has to occur and no father has to come forward or be in place.

    Women are granted the ultimate say from the beginning because we're hte ones who are pregnant and carry / birth the child. If an estranged or uninvolved biological father wants to be involved in said child's life THEY should pursue it IMMEDIATELY.
    Yeah..yeah.

  5. #275
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, its not. You can still care for a child and not want to be forced to support them. They are separate issues that involve different emotions and rational.
    All due respect here Henrin....Just what in the freakin' hell are you talkin' bout here? Emotions? Rational? Let me show you how the law defines it....

    Child Support
    Financial support paid by a parent to help support a child or children of whom they do not have custody. Child support can be entered into voluntarily or ordered by a court or a properly empowered administrative agency, depending on each state's laws.

    Child Support Glossary - FindLaw
    You care for your estranged children by 1. paying support, and keeping it up to date, as well as providing additional financial support as needed, just as he would do if living in the home. 2. All this pap about Emotions, and Rational are just that. You want to be able to run a game on the kid thinking you are being a parent when you have already told them through your support decision, but still want the benefits of calling yourself a parent, probably to ease your own conscience for basically telling them to fend for themselves.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #276
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    I wrote: "The rights of the children trump all others in such cases - it always has and always will."

    Your response is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Which isn't right and simply stating that fact doesn't support it.
    Then you say:

    You can't dissolve rights by non-action. Your statement makes no sense.
    Apparently you think YOU can - as long as it's the rights of the children that are dissolved . . . That's exactly what you're supporting . . . you want to dissolve the rights of these children. No. I'm wrong. I'll restate: you don't even want to dissolve the rights of the children - you want to pretend they don't have any.

    They do matter. They matter a lot. They have rights and they matter - more than anything else. Nothing more to say, really.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #277
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    The guy wanted to be in the children's lives, the mother said no way, but that she still wanted child support.

    I'm trying to find the original article, but he was paid out 40k in damages from his ex-wife after learning, post divorce, that the children weren't his via Canada's paternity fraud laws.

  8. #278
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    The guy wanted to be in the children's lives, the mother said no way, but that she still wanted child support.

    I'm trying to find the original article, but he was paid out 40k in damages from his ex-wife after learning, post divorce, that the children weren't his via Canada's paternity fraud laws.
    If you can find more revealing articles that would be great - the ones I've found are so slim
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #279
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    If you can find more revealing articles that would be great - the ones I've found are so slim
    Here is the original link, but the site is down.

    http://firsttoknow.com/husband-award...nearly-4-19903

    Google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

    dailymail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reavement.html
    Last edited by Samhain; 02-08-13 at 01:30 PM.

  10. #280
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    I haven't read all the posts on this, but I may have a somewhat different POV.
    There seems to be an assumption in most posts that the husband didn't have sex with other women. If the wife is having sex with other men as often as the results suggest, the husband should have known. And, my guess is that he did know.

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •