Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 410

Thread: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    By nature, a fraud is not doing what you say or what the client expects you to do. So the contract is null, because it would inevitable contain a falsehood.

    Signing a birth certificate does not state that you must be the biological parent. Their is no fraud. Only his (unfortunately incorrect) assumptions.
    I would very much like to know the percentage of men that sign a birth certificate not thinking they are the father? I'm guessing right around 99% percent of them thought they were the father and consider it void if its found they are not.

  2. #172
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,150

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I would very much like to know the percentage of men that sign a birth certificate not thinking they are the father?
    Don't know. But I know one within my family who signed it knowing he wasn't the bio father.

  3. #173
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

    I have absolutely no sympathy for this man. Married for sixteen years, raising four children for over a decade-- and he demands a paternity test when he gets a divorce? I think about the message that sends his children and all I can think is "**** this guy". And I reject the notion that, again, after a decade of raising three children that he is anything but their real father.
    I have to agree. His spite is directed at the wife, but the children are the ones caught in the crossfire. I agree with the law in that he continues to pay child support.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  4. #174
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    According to you, yes, both would be, because the "father" figure in the lesbian couple has been a father to the child for all her 3 years of life and is named on the birth certificate. You can't claim that a lesbian or gay couple is the equivalent of a straight couple when it comes to raising children and then fall back on gender stereotypes when the going gets tough.
    According to me, yes, you are right about that. I don't think that a lesbian would be exempt from child support if she raised the child and is legally a parent. I don't fall back on gender stereotypes at all, I'm going after spousal support in my divorce because my ex-wife made 2/3 of our combined income.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #175
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The courts have held forever that a child born in a marriage is legally the husband's child. It's nothing new. Up until 1985? There was absolutely no way to prove otherwise. Perhaps one might argue that laws haven't caught up, but that's the fact.
    We've been able to determine paternity for a long, long time now and I don't believe that a child born in a marriage is legally the husband's child once it's been determined he is not in fact the biological father.

  6. #176
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    We've been able to determine paternity for a long, long time now and I don't believe that a child born in a marriage is legally the husband's child once it's been determined he is not in fact the biological father.
    Your own link is quite clear. In the 1970's, the test was 80% accurate (and sometimes worse than that) and could not differentiate at all between related fathers. It wasn't until the 1980's that the test was 99.99% accurate. And thus definitive.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #177
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    We've been able to determine paternity for a long, long time now and I don't believe that a child born in a marriage is legally the husband's child once it's been determined he is not in fact the biological father.
    Believe what you want, but several States have upheld child support-- and custody-- decisions on that very basis.

  8. #178
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, well, I'm not for however harsh that might sound. Just because you live with a woman for X amount of time shouldn't mean anything towards financial support of children you didn't help create. If I break up with a woman and she has kids from some prior relationship that shouldn't effect me just because I lived with this woman for a year, a decade, or however long it might of been. If I had any responsibly towards those kids it just responsibly I decided to have when with her, but when that is gone, so is the responsibility, since its not my kids.
    If she has kids from a previous relationship, a man is not the legal father unless he adopts them. If he is the legal father, as this person was, he should be responsible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #179
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    We've been able to determine paternity for a long, long time now and I don't believe that a child born in a marriage is legally the husband's child once it's been determined he is not in fact the biological father.
    Well, apparently it's assumed that in THIS court case. Do you have others that shows this should not be the case?
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  10. #180
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    I have to agree. His spite is directed at the wife, but the children are the ones caught in the crossfire. I agree with the law in that he continues to pay child support.
    What if its not about spite? What if its about continuing your lineage? If he is duped into paying for someone elses lineage and courts enforce it then how can he pay for his own blood kids if he chooses to have them? It is greedy to place the burden on the non-biological father. He was bait and switched with life itself. The desire to procreate is instinct. This man is shouldering the burden of someone elses procreation. In the wild a predator would simply eat the young. I think letting him walk away without having to pay for the kid until adulthood is reasonable. Just because he happened to be a good father for so long is irrelevant. The kids are lucky he was there as long as he was.

    Stuff like this just empowers sluts to cherry pick throughout society. Cherry picking the resources of this man with the libido of this other man. Im sorry but the wife/mother is fully to blame here. It sucks. I know. But to shovel this on some innocent dude is double-travesty. Its his choice to be a hero or not. Not societies + courts choice to force him to be a hero.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •