Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

  1. #21
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,130

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    It may be precisely your argument, but its US ego-centeric view of the world.

    In my last job, I was responsible to 4 business acquisitions in Canada. One of the most common employee questions I got was a fear that we would impose our US healthcare on our Canadian employees. Of course, that was not possible, but the fear was noteworthy.

    Perhaps you might expand your horizons by considering this alternative view?

    The Price We Pay for Health: US and Canada | EconEdLink



    I had the privl

  2. #22
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Not me, I'm was against The 100% Democrat Obamacare from the get-go, when I realized what it contained. And no, "all the reformers" didn't want this - or else that is what they would have done. It's not that single-payer couldn't pass due to opposition from Republicans, single payer couldn't pass due to opposition from Democrats. This bill was 100% the result of deal-making within the Democrat caucus. Own it.
    I loved the "Own it" comment. That was money bro.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #23
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Gosh. Goodness Gracious. Well who could have predicted that?!?




    Oh. Wait. Lots of people predicted this, to the collective ignorance of the la-la-law-we-can't-hear-you-obamacare-is-wonderful-no-matter-what's-in-it crowd.
    Yeah, after going to your link to the Unification Church newspaper which says "The CBO says..." wihtout a link in it... I'm going to raise a flag of suspicion on it's accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    So you like having one of the most expensive, least effective health care delivery systems in the industrial world?

    The 36 Best Healthcare Systems In The World - Business Insider
    Healthcare spending around the world, country by country | News | guardian.co.uk

    Attachment 67142092
    Life expectancy has plenty of factors into it that have nothing to do with healthcare. Like gun violence for example. Or car crashes. Did you guess that we have enormously higher numbers of both then any of those countries? So lets just say we were to ignore those for life expectancy to get a more accurate metric for our health care system. Where do you think we would rank then? Would you guess that it is number one?

    If you were to compare cancer survival rates, where do you think the U.S. would be? Would you guess number one?

    http://www.aei.org/files/2006/10/17/...esentation.pdf

    The U.S. is the world leader in medical technology and the world leader in health care performance. Using general broad oversweeping statistics that include things that have nothing to do with healthcare to attack the healthcare system is a flat out, politicized LIE.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    It may be precisely your argument, but its US ego-centeric view of the world.

    In my last job, I was responsible to 4 business acquisitions in Canada. One of the most common employee questions I got was a fear that we would impose our US healthcare on our Canadian employees. Of course, that was not possible, but the fear was noteworthy.

    Perhaps you might expand your horizons by considering this alternative view?

    The Price We Pay for Health: US and Canada | EconEdLink



    I had the privl
    She was a doctor in Canada? Did you even read the article?
    Or are you just making assumptions based on the title?

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Again, if we just did the smart thing and went for UHC like all the reformers wanted in the first place, all of this could have been avoided. Instead the got the watered down, profit driven, Romneycare plan. Aren't you proud of yourself?
    All of the reformers?

  7. #27
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,130

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I believe your graph does not necessarily give an accurate representation of life expectancy vs health care system. Genetics, lifestyle, and diet can play a huge role in life expectancy. That is not to say I think our system needs an overhaul, I feel it does. I just think that much more is at play here.

    ...might be why I included 3 cites... which, may I point, is 2 to 3 more than my leading competitor. Here is another, if the previous were not sufficient...

    http://umaine.edu/ble/files/2011/01/...are-system.pdf

    The graph is nonetheless quite revealing... I mean, there isn't a small difference here but a huge difference. While lifestyle might be part of the story, it isn't close to the whole story.

    The real guts of why US has poorer healthcare outcomes is that so many people in the US have no healthcare access... and healthcare for the uninsured is not about prevention but about crisis.... Somewhat akin to car maintenance by fixing known problems rather than changing the oil.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 02-07-13 at 01:40 AM.

  8. #28
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Remember Florida 2000 when Democrats were complaining that the ballots weren't fair because a disproportionate percentage of their base was illiterate or senile?
    Having lived there at the time, I remember quite well that one argument of one element of the contested election was the design of the butterfly ballots which were only in one country predominantly populated by older Democrats, people who we often call "The Greatest Generation", unless it's political and they are Democrats. To be fair, the ridiculous ballots were designed by a Democrat Supervisor of Elections (who switched to no affiliation immediately after the election, probably because the only people that liked her after that debacle were Republicans).

    So no, there was no such argument that the Democrats made that a disproportionate number of their constituents were illiterate or senile, just an argument that a single county's bad ballot design disproportionately affected older democrats.

  9. #29
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yeah, after going to your link to the Unification Church newspaper which says "The CBO says..." wihtout a link in it... I'm going to raise a flag of suspicion on it's accuracy.
    I think they are citing this report, but haven't been able to find a reference to the 7 million number (I searched briefly)

    http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...getOutlook.pdf

  10. #30
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,130

    Re: CBO : 7 Million to Lose their Insurance under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    She was a doctor in Canada? Did you even read the article?
    Or are you just making assumptions based on the title?
    She is a credible witness, but a witness of one written for an audience with an appetite for her particular story. One witness is not game, set, match. (that said, it was a good story and she was credible... but is was ONE). Should I counter with an American Doctor that blasts the American system? There ya go...

    From the American Academy of Family Physicians: Graham Center Article and Katrina Forum

    Pollls on this subject consistently favor the Canadian system over that of the US

    http://content.healthaffairs.org/con...2/185.full.pdf
    http://umaine.edu/ble/files/2011/01/...are-system.pdf
    U.S. Trails Others in Health Care Satisfaction | Fox News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •