Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 315

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That's a copout saying Bush's intentions were not for this sort of thing. His comment in regards to terrorism "You are either with us or against us" suggests otherwise. YOU yourself may not have supported what Bush did, but many on the right did. Obama is just continuing Bush's polcies.
    What Bush actually said was ""Over time it's going to be important for nations to know they will be held accountable for inactivity," he said. "You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror."

    Have you made up your mind yet?

    As for tyrant, puuuhhhlease, you are posting on the internet against OBama without sercret service knocking on your door. Yeah, some tyrant. Come back when you know what a REAL tyrant is. Save your hyperbole for some idiot conservative that doesn't know how to tei their shoes. You can start with the RNC.
    It was certainly a tyrannical move by a government to send the police to someones home in the middle of the night and accuse him of causing the riot that killed four Americans. And if we look back on the threads concerning this matter we can see thew number of people who supported this action, and how the President and the Secretary of State openly lied.

    Those who support this political party now in power will support anything, it seems, no matter how badly it effects the future of their country.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you are against anything Obama regardless of whether your messiah Bush did it. Thank you for the clariifcation.
    In fact I never mentioned Bush.

    I only pointed out what every fair minded and reasonable person knows. Barrack Obama is an incompetent president. If you can demonstrate otherwise, without mentioning any of his predecessors, I'd be pleased to read your response.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Nope, I'm not ok with that, but that is where Bush established his policies that have allowed this.

    And actually Afghanistan wasn't a war zone until we made it one. You remember why we went there right? Because the Taliban were harboring Al-Qaeda. Pakistan basically did the same thing. So if you liked what Bush did, you are hypocritical if you are now complaining about what OBama is doing.
    Obama is attacking Afghanistan? Pakistan? Where is the connection?

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Actually I think that is usually what happens when you break parole. Well maybe not the media.
    That is not what usually happens. And why were the media there?

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Obama is attacking Afghanistan? Pakistan? Where is the connection?
    Here I can't write it in crayon, so I'll just ask you. In what country was OBL found in?

  6. #66
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    If you break parole the police show up in the middle of the night and arrest you. Ask my formerly drunken buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That is not what usually happens. And why were the media there?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That is not what usually happens. And why were the media there?
    Actually, yes, police DO come and arrest you for parole violation when they find out you violated your parole.

    And the media is there, because people like you watch the news and secretly like that **** or you wouldn't watch it or support it.

  8. #68
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Nope, I'm not ok with that, but that is where Bush established his policies that have allowed this.

    And actually Afghanistan wasn't a war zone until we made it one. You remember why we went there right? Because the Taliban were harboring Al-Qaeda. Pakistan basically did the same thing. So if you liked what Bush did, you are hypocritical if you are now complaining about what OBama is doing.
    Sorry - that's just nonsense and I have no obligation to be judged by you're scewed view of reality.

    Just as a bit of a history lesson for you - the Taliban were the quasi-government of Afghanistan at the time bin Laden launched the 9/11 attacks - the US, its allies, and the UN all told the Taliban to give up harbouring bin Laden or suffer the consequences of a UN sanctioned invasion of Afghanistan. Afghanistan chose to make their country a war zone and at worst the UN, led by the US, made it so.

    Whether you agree with the effort or not, the US position vis-a-vis Pakistan as well as Yemen is that they are both countries who are working to eradicate terrorist factions from within their borders, unlike Afghanistan. If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you.

    Finally, there is no equivalency between Bush using enhanced torture tactics against individuals captured during this war and Obama's murder of an American citizen and more importantly, the innocent American child of that American citizen.

    You lessen the greatness of your country by trying to justify this in any way.

  9. #69
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    The good news is that the memo at least restricts murdering American citizens to outside the United States. The bad news is that any "high level government official" can theoretically justify such an attack. Hopefully agricultural under-secretaries don't let the power get to their heads and go on a murder spree.

    I just hope that someone in our political establishment stands up to this absurdity. The power to kill without oversight is the tool of tyrants and even the most partisan idiot should understand that sooner or later some guy you don't agree with will be sitting in the oval office with a flock of drones at his command.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Sorry - that's just nonsense and I have no obligation to be judged by you're scewed view of reality.

    Just as a bit of a history lesson for you - the Taliban were the quasi-government of Afghanistan at the time bin Laden launched the 9/11 attacks - the US, its allies, and the UN all told the Taliban to give up harbouring bin Laden or suffer the consequences of a UN sanctioned invasion of Afghanistan. Afghanistan chose to make their country a war zone and at worst the UN, led by the US, made it so.

    Whether you agree with the effort or not, the US position vis-a-vis Pakistan as well as Yemen is that they are both countries who are working to eradicate terrorist factions from within their borders, unlike Afghanistan. If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you.

    Finally, there is no equivalency between Bush using enhanced torture tactics against individuals captured during this war and Obama's murder of an American citizen and more importantly, the innocent American child of that American citizen.

    You lessen the greatness of your country by trying to justify this in any way.
    Sorry you don't like the facts. The fact that you are supportive of Bush, but not Obama when they are using the same tactic is dishonesring those that have died. The fact is the RIGHTIES were the ones telling us for YEARS during the Bush wars that casualties happen in war. Now all of a sudden they CARE about terrorists. Amazing.

    The dishonor is yours and the intellectual dishonesty is yours. It's funny how a Republican president can do no wrong to some righties yet, they cry and whine about a Dem president that is doing the same thing. Sad, really pathetically sad.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •