Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 315

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

  1. #201
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    So the Judge Dredd approach of Judge, Jury and executioner all rolled up. Full and complete power to the government to decide who lives or dies with no due process only what the government decides. Sorry, I spent 10 years of my life, went to war for my country and actually believe in that so called out dated document and value the oath I took.
    I spent a year in combat with the First Infantry Division, but I don't believe that experience taught me as much about the Constitution as you apparently believe you gained. What it did teach me was the necessity for immediate overwhelming deadly force in response to obvious danger and evil. You are very sadly mistaken if you believe your place is to defend the right to destroy the civilization of the United States until you can personally chauffeur them into court in your private limousine.

  2. #202
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    This could be cover if we have an American spy high in the AQ leadership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    What if the AQ guys were working undercover for the CIA? One never knows, do one?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #203
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,285

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    This could be cover if we have an American spy high in the AQ leadership.
    Or an AQ spy high in the US leadership, eh?

  4. #204
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Or an AQ spy high in the US leadership, eh?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    don't think the military/administration is going to share with us information which might undermine the military/intelligence-gathering methods used to make that assessment
    but that does not prevent you from sharing with us the evidence which will prove he was not a legitimate drone target
    How about the fact that he had never been outside the US until he went to Yemen to look for his Father? I doubt AQ was calling him on a phone to tell him his Dad was dead. Moreover what would be the harm in releasing the information whether he went after his family filed suit for killing his father or before?

  6. #206
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    How about the fact that he had never been outside the US until he went to Yemen to look for his Father? I doubt AQ was calling him on a phone to tell him his Dad was dead. Moreover what would be the harm in releasing the information whether he went after his family filed suit for killing his father or before?
    then you can prove for us that he was not affiliated with the enemy?
    show us what you have
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then you can prove for us that he was not affiliated with the enemy?
    show us what you have
    Two U.S. officials speaking on condition of anonymity stated that the target of the October 14, 2011 airstrike was Ibrahim al-Banna, an Egyptian believed to be a senior operative in Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.[3] Another U.S. administration official described Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi as a bystander who was "in the wrong place at the wrong time", stating that "the U.S. government did not know that Mr. Awlaki’s son was there" before the airstrike was ordered.[3]

    In the days following the strike that killed Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi, U.S. officials suggested that Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi was not a teenager, but rather a "military-age male" in his 20s.[4] Under international protocols of conflict, recognizing Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi as a "military-age male" provided justification for his killing.[citation needed] However, Aulaqi’s family refuted the U.S.'s claim that Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi was of military age by releasing a copy of his U.S. birth certificate showing that he was born on August 26, 1995 and was aged 16 at the time of his death.[5]







    Hows this?

  8. #208
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Two U.S. officials speaking on condition of anonymity stated that the target of the October 14, 2011 airstrike was Ibrahim al-Banna, an Egyptian believed to be a senior operative in Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.[3] Another U.S. administration official described Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi as a bystander who was "in the wrong place at the wrong time", stating that "the U.S. government did not know that Mr. Awlaki’s son was there" before the airstrike was ordered.[3]

    In the days following the strike that killed Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi, U.S. officials suggested that Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi was not a teenager, but rather a "military-age male" in his 20s.[4] Under international protocols of conflict, recognizing Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi as a "military-age male" provided justification for his killing.[citation needed] However, Aulaqi’s family refuted the U.S.'s claim that Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi was of military age by releasing a copy of his U.S. birth certificate showing that he was born on August 26, 1995 and was aged 16 at the time of his death.[5]







    Hows this?
    that's good information
    it tells us (at least as good as anonymous sources can be relied upon) that he was a collateral casualty and not the intended drone target
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #209
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Remember what our Mothers told us about hanging out with the wrong crowd? Stay away from AQ senior leadership if you dont want bad stuff to happen to you, like get vaporized.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #210
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americ

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then you can prove for us that he was not affiliated with the enemy?
    show us what you have

    Just as a point of contention here, since when is it acceptable to ask that someone prove a negative?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •