Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #941
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    The absolute most rudimentary research on climate change would net you answers to > 90% of the questions you ask on here. Your willful ignorance is not the responsibility of everyone else.

    Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    I'm still not seeing the survey. Dyson was pretty clear that there is some contribution by man to warming. I would be in that same group with him.

    He says that the panic is not justified. Again, I'm with him. While we would both answer the "is man contributing to warming" question with a yes, the amount of that contribution is so slight that no action is required to stop it. No action is possible to stop the warming since the bulk of the warming is not due to anthropogenic forcings.

    The consensus you claim exists is not well defined and not well explained and the the intensity of the agreement is not measured. I suspect this is more by intention than omission.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #942
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    I'm still not seeing the survey. Dyson was pretty clear that there is some contribution by man to warming. I would be in that same group with him.

    He says that the panic is not justified. Again, I'm with him. While we would both answer the "is man contributing to warming" question with a yes, the amount of that contribution is so slight that no action is required to stop it. No action is possible to stop the warming since the bulk of the warming is not due to anthropogenic forcings.

    The consensus you claim exists is not well defined and not well explained and the the intensity of the agreement is not measured. I suspect this is more by intention than omission.
    Then state a panic isn't justified, and not that man doesn't play a role. You waste a lot if time arguing what you agree with if you accept man plays a role. Though, I really don't know any panicking. Suggesting we look for alternative energy sources isn't panic, but rather logical thinking.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #943
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Soon after I first started "debating" climate change on here I went and read all the relevant materials cover to cover. Why don't you do the same then come back. Start here.

    IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

    Read the AR4 synthesis at a bare minimum.


    This is the one in which the scientists predict that the climate will rise in a range between 0.3 degrees and 6.4 degrees? Seriously?

    This includes a range from .4% to 100%. How far out on the limb do you think they were to achieve this prediction?

    I could make that prediction but would be embarrassed to do so.

    Projections of Future Changes in Climate - AR4 WGI Summary for Policymakers
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #944
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,410

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    don't get mad at me for pointing out your ridiculous claim. I would wager that I have read more "relevant" material than you. I took a couple of courses in Environmental chemistry in grad school and a couple of courses in meteorology in undergrad. I have also conducted research in how different climates affect dispersal of chemical warfare agents from aerial explosions.
    Not mad... but why would you think "relevant" meant that I was claiming that I have read every document ever published on climate change? Common sense would tell you that I was referring to the foundational material that can be browsed in a few days.

    You've taken these courses and you know about science, yet you buddy with code and like all of his posts? The guy emits anti-science nonsense. This makes little sense.

  5. #945
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Not mad... but why would you think "relevant" meant that I was claiming that I have read every document ever published on climate change? Common sense would tell you that I was referring to the foundational material that can be browsed in a few days.
    why? because you claimed to have read "from cover to cover" ALL the relevant data.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #946
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,410

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    I'm still not seeing the survey. Dyson was pretty clear that there is some contribution by man to warming. I would be in that same group with him.

    He says that the panic is not justified. Again, I'm with him. While we would both answer the "is man contributing to warming" question with a yes, the amount of that contribution is so slight that no action is required to stop it. No action is possible to stop the warming since the bulk of the warming is not due to anthropogenic forcings.

    The consensus you claim exists is not well defined and not well explained and the the intensity of the agreement is not measured. I suspect this is more by intention than omission.
    How can you read that link and come away with this conclusion? What kind of madness goes on in your head??? I am absolutely shocked, what is wrong with you? The first paragraph lays it all out. There are 125 cited sources. What else could you possibly need to make the connection?

  7. #947
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,523

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    No, we're not playing your game where you assign me homework while you pick your nose. You take a look at the models yourself and come back with criticisms of them if you like.
    That's every thread. If you do his homework, he whines about it not being good enough anyway.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #948
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,410

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This is the one in which the scientists predict that the climate will rise in a range between 0.3 degrees and 6.4 degrees? Seriously?

    This includes a range from .4% to 100%. How far out on the limb do you think they were to achieve this prediction?

    I could make that prediction but would be embarrassed to do so.

    Projections of Future Changes in Climate - AR4 WGI Summary for Policymakers
    The estimate is a range. If you understood statistics you would see that the extremes are very unlikely however possible. Flip a coin 10 times, there is a chance you will get an extreme scenario in which 8 are heads and 2 are tails, however it is unlikely. You will likely get between 4-6 heads and tails. They also give the "likely" estimate which has a much smaller range.

  9. #949
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,410

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    It is certain that AGW has been proven wrong already.
    Feel free to let us all in on this secret.

  10. #950
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,410

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    why? because you claimed to have read "from cover to cover" ALL the relevant data.
    Jesus Christ, you're just like Code. You turn everything into a mind numbing assault on sensibilities. Now we have to define the meaning of relevant because you have a quibble.

    Definition of RELEVANT
    1
    a : having significant and demonstrable bearing on the matter at hand

    Did you really think relevant meant EVERYTHING ever published on climate change?

    If somebody told you that they were going to rebuild their carburetor in their vehicle, and they had read the "relevant" material to do so. Would you assume they were claiming that they had read every published document on carburetors EVER? Of course you wouldn't you psycho. The **** is wrong with you? lol

Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •